*NEW* SiI3x12: SATA RAID/IDE BIOS v4x76 Released

Comments

• edited August 2006
    Could someone help me please?

I'm using GA-8INXP with F5 (latest) bios. SiI 3112A bios is version is 4.1.36C. I'm currently using a Maxtor SATA drive in BASE configuration and the drive is working fine. I have the latest SiI 3112 BASE driver as well (version 1.3.64).

The problem i have is, the moment I enable the onboard SATA controller, I get BSOD whenever I access floppy OR connect a storage device on any USB port. and I mean any storage device from usb pen drive to iPod. Disable SATA and the problem goes away. I'm hoping updating the 3112A bios "might" resolve this issue.

if someone (Spinner?) could put together the F5 bios with the latest SiI 3112A BASE bios (I'm not sure what "BASE" is about but I'm certainly not using RAID on SATA atm), I would be very grateful.

Also, I am using RAID on the IDE channels though (RAID 1).

thanks.

8inxp_f5_Si3112_v4279.zip
  • edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:
    thanks for creating the bios mate, but the link doesnt seem to be working.
  • edited August 2006
    thanks for creating the bios mate, but the link doesnt seem to be working.

I only have a poxy 2MB webspace with my ISP, it's hitting the limit. PM me and I'll send the file.
  • edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:
    I only have a poxy 2MB webspace with my ISP, it's hitting the limit. PM me and I'll send the file.
    well, the bios didn't work!

the computer restarts, detects Promise IDE raid to be functional, detects one drive on SATA primary interface correctly, but then doesnt go on to boot-up from IDE raid. I get a blank screen.

The 3112A bios version is reported correctly to be 4.2.79. I disable SATA controller from bios and the computer boots-up from IDE raid.

I tried all possible combinations of boot-up order but none worked with the new bios with SATA controller enabled in BASE or RAID mode.

It seems as if after boot of 3112 controller, HDD-0 is not recognised as the disk on IDE controller.

Maybe an older version of 3112A bios might work like 4.2.50. My current version is 4.1.36.

The only other option i see for my problem is to get a PCI SATA card and disable the onboard controller.

any suggestions?
  • edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:

don't work!

the bios for the sata controller didn't get loaded properly...
    doesn't show the sata controller at all!
  • edited August 2006
    astav wrote:
    don't work!

the bios for the sata controller didn't get loaded properly...
    doesn't show the sata controller at all!

Sorry, my apologies a mismatch - put the 3112 BIOS in by mistake - K8NNXP_f15_4379.zip
  • edited August 2006
    winactive wrote:
    Sorry, my apologies a mismatch - put the 3112 BIOS in by mistake - K8NNXP_f15_4379.zip

this one works!
    thanks!
  • edited September 2006
    Hello Borg Number One !

I'm new but very inpressed by your performance !!!
    I wonder if you can help me because I can't make my own bios with the new bios for the sil 3512.
    My motherboard is the Gigabyte K8NS-Ultra 939 (nforce 3 ultra) with the bios F10.
    Could you make a mod bios with the new bios for my onboard chipset sil 3512 ?

PS : I have the dual bios, if I do a mistake or something else, normally I could load the second bios, couldn't I ?

Thank you a lot by advance !!!

UPDATE : I succeed by my self. I found a topic that explain how to use cbrom
  • PretenderPretender Coimbra, Portugal
    edited September 2006
    Spinner wrote:
    Silicon Image have released new 3112 and 3512 controller RAID/IDE BIOS's v4276 and v4376.

I've tested the 3112 bios (v4276) with the onboard controller on the Abit NF7-S v2 and Abit AN7, and it works just fine.

Cheers

Hi Spinner you are doing a great work!

Could you send me, the latest 3112 BIOS 4276 for my board Abit NF7-S V1.2, builted with the latest abit bios:
    http://file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s//nf728.exe
    NF7-S 1.2 URL

That's because I've a corrupt problem with single drives (non raid).
    My computer have 3 hard drives: 1 Maxtor SATA1 8MB 200GB (OS drive), 1 Maxtor Sata2 16MB 300GB (with compatibility jumper set on for SATA1 mode) and Maxtor 80GB IDE.

When I copy files from the 200GB to the other SATA (300GB) sometimes (not always, its happens often with large files) the files became corrupts (rar files (at extract the winrar gives CRCs errors), avi files, etc).
    But when I copy from 200GB to Maxtor IDE, files are all ok.
    And if I copy from IDE to 300GB the files are OK!

In resuming:
    Copying files from 200GB to 300GB (SATA to SATA) -> sometimes data corruption

Copying files from 200GB to 80GB IDE -> no data corruption

Copying files from 200GB to 80GB IDE and from this to 300 (SATA to IDE then to SATA) -> NO data corruption

Conclusion: Data corruption occurs when copying SATA to SATA

I've already tried without success SiliconImage 3112 SATA Driver 1.0.0.53, 1.0.0.50, 1.0.0.51 and the latest available from Windows Update (1.0.0.56)
  • edited October 2006
    I have ga-7n400 pro2 rev 1 please I can you update the bios sata to 4.2.79?

http://europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/motherboard_bios_ga-7n400pro2(rev1.x)_f11.exe
  • edited October 2006
    please check your Pms I have the BIOS modified but nowhere to upload to :D
    edited October 2006
    Pretender wrote:
    Hi Spinner you are doing a great work!

Could you send me, the latest 3112 BIOS 4276 for my board Abit NF7-S V1.2, builted with the latest abit bios:
    http://file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s//nf728.exe
    NF7-S 1.2 URL

And what about me?... :'( I'm still waiting :(
    ppl help me :tongue2:
  • edited October 2006
    Pretender wrote:
    And what about me?... :'( I'm still waiting :(
    ppl help me :tongue2:

hey ppl, calm down :D - PM me, I got ya file ready :D
    edited October 2006
    winactive wrote:
    hey ppl, calm down :D - PM me, I got ya file ready :D

Hi ppl, just to say winactive, sent to me 2 modded bios with different silicon 3112 bios and helped me very much.

Althought HDD are in single mode, I followed his sugestion and selected 1ms option, and data corruption disappeared :clap::clap:
    "EXT-P2P's Discard Time" in "integrated Peripherals". The default
    setting is "30 us" ; which is recommended by NVidia. In case the problem is still there, try "1 ms" please.
  • edited January 2007
    winactive wrote:
    httx://web.ukonline.co.uk/steviejay/C18E1013_&_Sil_3112A_BIOS4279.zip the A7N8X-E release 1013 with the v4.2.79 RAID BIOS.

You'll need to image your SATA drive and then re-transfer with the new BIOS installed or you will suffer data loss. Make sure you are already using the v1.00.56.1 driver for the Sil3112A.

If you do NOT do this you will lose the SATA data - IDE drives are unaffected.

How can this be done?
    You mean copy all data to another pc and after update recopy it again?
    Is that normal with BIOS updates?
  • edited January 2007
    DaSilva wrote:
    How can this be done?
    You mean copy all data to another pc and after update recopy it again?
    Is that normal with BIOS updates?

No, I mean copy the data to an IDE drive or DVD(s) with a utility like GHOST.

Update the BIOS and restart the machine with the IDE drive disconnected. If XP does not boot, reconnect & boot up on the IDE drive, update the driver and re-GHOST back to SATA.

Wouldn't say it qualified as normal - but I have had experience of this first hand. The solution I've described worked for me. However, you could always re-install Windows if you didn't have any data or settings you don't need or can't recover.
  • edited January 2007
    gian2k wrote:
    QUOTE]

1)hi guys, i'm new..i'm italian so sorry for my english!
    i've the same mobo and i need the update quoted..can you hekp me?

I try to update the sata driver "3x12-vista-x86-logo-13670" (downloaded from the official site of silicon image) but maybe i make some mistakes because nothing change

please tell me the correct procedure to update or link me a thread where i can learn

thanks a lot!
  • edited January 2007
    gian2k wrote:
    QUOTE]

1)hi guys, i'm new..i'm italian so sorry for my english!
    i've the same mobo and i need the update quoted..can you hekp me?

I try to update the sata driver "3x12-vista-x86-logo-13670" (downloaded from the official site of silicon image) but maybe i make some mistakes because nothing change

please tell me the correct procedure to update or link me a thread where i can learn

thanks a lot!

PM me and I'll send the file.
  • edited January 2007
    pm sent
    thanks a lot!
  • edited January 2007
    pm sent
    thanks a lot!

Hello everybody.
    First Thing first - apologise for my english 8).

I read all (i think) posts about how to mod bios to Gigabyte`s mainboard but...
    here is my problem.

GA-7N400 Pro2 Rev.2, currently BIOS version FK (uploaded from this forum offcourse) mod by someone who put the screen with links after all devices was detected (bnobtc_pix-art_com) - great mod by the way but the version of SATA BIOS is still 4.3.76. Using CBRom I was trying to update BIOS file with the 4.3.79 BIOS but after flash my computer is unable to start from MAIN BIOS and it switch to BACKUP BIOS with FK version.

I will be very great full if some one reply with link to some kind of tutorial "how to combine MainBoard BIOS with SATA BIOS", kind of the step by step or if I will fail once again attached this kind of BIOS file to my rev 2 MainBoard.

For any help - thank all of You People 8)

Leon

Have a nice day 8)
  • edited January 2007
    Hello everybody.
    First Thing first - apologise for my english 8).

I read all (i think) posts about how to mod bios to Gigabyte`s mainboard but...
    here is my problem.

GA-7N400 Pro2 Rev.2, currently BIOS version FK (uploaded from this forum offcourse) mod by someone who put the screen with links after all devices was detected (bnobtc_pix-art_com) - great mod by the way but the version of SATA BIOS is still 4.3.76. Using CBRom I was trying to update BIOS file with the 4.3.79 BIOS but after flash my computer is unable to start from MAIN BIOS and it switch to BACKUP BIOS with FK version.

I will be very great full if some one reply with link to some kind of tutorial "how to combine MainBoard BIOS with SATA BIOS", kind of the step by step or if I will fail once again attached this kind of BIOS file to my rev 2 MainBoard.

For any help - thank all of You People 8)

Leon

Have a nice day 8)

PM me and I'll send the file. :thumbsup: It's only through lack of space with ISP web hosting (and the possibility I'll move) that I don't continue to post them directly to the forum.

A guide is a good idea, maybe I'll do that and host a web page explaining the process. However, I only learned the same way. :cool:
  • edited January 2007
    Well then. I flash BIOS with new file, system is loading but...when i set SCSI/RAID Cntlr Boot Order on:

01. Silicon Image RAID Controller
    02. ITE RAID Controller

there is no screen showing what kind of device was detected and in windows with 1.7.2.4 drivers Device Manager show :
    " The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."
    Also my Toshiba DVD-ROM connected to PRIMARY ITE RAID Controller didn`t show in My Computer and Device Manager.

When i change Boot Order on:

01. ITE RAID Controller
    02. Silicon Image RAID Controller

thats what happend:

"IT8212 RAID BIOS V1.7.1.94
    Copyright 2002-2005 ITE, Inc. All Rights Reserverd

Please wait for IDE Scan ......................................
    Error!! Firmware is not ready. Please Power Off your system, power it on and try again."

Any ideas ??? Maybe is this becouse DVD-ROM? But it works on previously version 1.41 ATA BIOS Version.
  • edited January 2007
    Does anybody know if it is possible to flash the gigabyte 8knxp onboard 3112 with this bios and and hints on the best way to do it?

Cheers

Jim
  • edited January 2007
    mancferret wrote:
    Does anybody know if it is possible to flash the gigabyte 8knxp onboard 3112 with this bios and and hints on the best way to do it?

Cheers

Jim

Is this rev 1.x or 2.x? and assuming not Ultra?

Rev 1x BIOSes are F11, 12, 13 etc, Rev 2.x are FF, FG, FK etc.
  • edited January 2007
    winactive wrote:
    Is this rev 1.x or 2.x? and assuming not Ultra?

Rev 1x BIOSes are F11, 12, 13 etc, Rev 2.x are FF, FG, FK etc.

Hi

Its revision 1 with the f13 bios

Jim
  • edited February 2007
    Hi guys!

Im dying to find a solution for my Sil 3112a Onboard Controler. Everytime I move data from/to/between my two WD 2500 SATAII (jumpered to 150 MB) my whole
    system freezes for more than 10 seconds. The HDDs are facility-new. I allready tried using them in RAID 1/0/without RAID but that didn't fix it.

I know by now that I cant update the controler BIOS cause its onboard so I desperatly need someone to make me a BIOS mod.

My mainboard is an "AOpen AX-4 R Plus". Oh and one more thing: I know that there are to kinds of BIOS for the 3112; one for the RAID Features and one for simple use of SATA devices. I would like to use the HDDs simple as HDDs without hardware RAID or something (I want to use software RAID instead) but I dont know which kind of BIOS I'd need for this.

If someone could do me a BIOS Mod with the latest required 3112a BIOS and the latest BIOS for my mainboard this would save my week!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS: Sorry for possible misspelling. Im german^^
  • ashleyc75ashleyc75 Melb, AU
    edited February 2007
    Hello All,

I have a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. I have the following hardware;

Generated by: BIOS Wizard 2.10
    Date: February 24, 2007
    Time: 16:42

BIOS Manufacturer : Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    BIOS ID : 01/21/2003-I845PE-6A69YG05C-00
    BIOS Date : 01/21/03
    BIOS OEM Signon : Intel 845PE AGPSet BIOS for 8PE667 Ultra2 F3
    BIOS ROM Size : 512K
    Chipset : Intel 2560 rev 2
    Super I/O Chip : Known super I/O chip is not found

SATA controller = v3112
    SATA HDD - 200GB WD + 250GB Seagate
    SATA BIOS = ??

PATA HDD - 1x80Gb, +
    PATA IDE RAID - enable, on 2x80GB

The problem I am having is that I just got a SATA 320GB disk(to replace the 200GB), but WinXP or from what I can see the SATA BIOS during POST, both do not see the new drive. I think the SATA BIOS does not support this drive capacity. :(

Could someone please create a new M/B BIOS with the SATA BIOS 4.2.79 patched to it. I have been reading the Modding posts, but would like an expert to create one. If possible. :)

Thanks.
  • edited February 2007
    ashleyc75 wrote:
    Hello All,

I have a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. I have the following hardware;

Generated by: BIOS Wizard 2.10
    Date: February 24, 2007
    Time: 16:42

BIOS Manufacturer : Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    BIOS ID : 01/21/2003-I845PE-6A69YG05C-00
    BIOS Date : 01/21/03
    BIOS OEM Signon : Intel 845PE AGPSet BIOS for 8PE667 Ultra2 F3
    BIOS ROM Size : 512K
    Chipset : Intel 2560 rev 2
    Super I/O Chip : Known super I/O chip is not found

SATA controller = v3112
    SATA HDD - 200GB WD + 250GB Seagate
    SATA BIOS = ??

PATA HDD - 1x80Gb, +
    PATA IDE RAID - enable, on 2x80GB

The problem I am having is that I just got a SATA 320GB disk(to replace the 200GB), but WinXP or from what I can see the SATA BIOS during POST, both do not see the new drive. I think the SATA BIOS does not support this drive capacity. :(

Could someone please create a new M/B BIOS with the SATA BIOS 4.2.79 patched to it. I have been reading the Modding posts, but would like an expert to create one. If possible. :)

Thanks.

PM me for your file, it's ready. ;)
  • edited February 2007
    Dhary wrote:
    Hi guys!

Im dying to find a solution for my Sil 3112a Onboard Controler. Everytime I move data from/to/between my two WD 2500 SATAII (jumpered to 150 MB) my whole
    system freezes for more than 10 seconds. The HDDs are facility-new. I allready tried using them in RAID 1/0/without RAID but that didn't fix it.

I know by now that I cant update the controler BIOS cause its onboard so I desperatly need someone to make me a BIOS mod.

My mainboard is an "AOpen AX-4 R Plus". Oh and one more thing: I know that there are to kinds of BIOS for the 3112; one for the RAID Features and one for simple use of SATA devices. I would like to use the HDDs simple as HDDs without hardware RAID or something (I want to use software RAID instead) but I dont know which kind of BIOS I'd need for this.

If someone could do me a BIOS Mod with the latest required 3112a BIOS and the latest BIOS for my mainboard this would save my week!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS: Sorry for possible misspelling. Im german^^

PM me and I will send your file. ;)
  • edited March 2007
    Winactive's SATA BIOS Integration Walkthrough

Prepare a suitable directory on your machine where you can download the files you need to work with. I suggest C:\BIOS as it is easy to navigate to from a command prompt.

Download your chosen BIOS revision for your board and extract only the binary image to the working folder (C:\BIOS). If you are having trouble locating your BIOS, or are wondering about the flash procedure this article has useful background and some good links.

Next you will need the appropriate SATA BIOS binary - download from this page and select the appropriate controller.

For most of you reading this thread, this will be the Sil3112A - extract the binary from the download to the working directory - for motherboard BIOS integration you need ONLY the 42xx.bin file, DO NOT USE the r or b prefixed binaries as they are for the standalone controller cards.

Finally, download the CBROM tool to the working directory from this page, some threads suggest that CBROM215 is buggy, but personally I have not encountered a problem. CBROM207 has failed to return to the command prompt several times when I have used it, so I prefer to use CBROM215.

Switch to a command prompt window (type cmd in the Run box).

Switch to your working directory by typing the path, e.g. cd c:\bios

Before beginning, check the present files by obtaining a directory listing, type dir

You should have the following files;

cbrom2xx.exe (modding utility)
    42xx.bin (SATA BIOS binary)
    an7_19.bin (mobo BIOS binary, this example is for my ABit AN7, release 19)

Next type cbrom2xx an7_19.bin /pci release (remembering of course to substitute your chosen BIOS binary name and the version number of CBROM you are using).

You will see something like this;

CMD1.jpg

in the above example, the options are A or B, obviously the 4250.bin is the old SATA BIOS binary, so b is the option, then we are returned to the command prompt.

Integrate the SATA BIOS by typing cbrom2xx an7_19.bin /pci 42xx.bin (remembering of course to substitute your chosen BIOS binary name, SATA BIOS binary name and the version number of CBROM you are using).

Finally, confirm integration with cbrom2xx an7_19.bin /d (remembering of course to substitute your chosen BIOS binary name and the version number of CBROM you are using).

You will see something like this;

CMD2.jpg

As you can see, the 4283.bin is integrated successfully into PCI option ROM (B)

The filename of the BIOS binary is not changed, and it is this file that you should flash using the appropriate flash utility, see this article signposted earlier for more info.

N.B. Remember to use the correct driver as indicated on the Silicon Image download site for the SATA BIOS version.