Throwdown: FoldingAddict

the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1Indy Icrontian
edited October 2006 in Folding@Home
OK, so what, 7 days, max points takes it? What are the stakes? Any suggestions from anyone? Maybe the winner gets to spend 24 hours in the other's client.cfg? :-)

This might be interesting. A few very good machines against my army of folding snails...

Just to make it risky, I'll give you a 15K point head start...

Starting points - 10/02/06 3:12PM CST (from folding.stanford.edu)
the_technocrat: 19297
FoldingAddict: 676758

:nudge:

Comments

• FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2006
    You've already won I guess. You out produce me enough at present to make up the 15k difference. :p And I don't have control over that many of my producing machines, so I couldn't offer much in the way of pointage for you if I lost. We could do this a week from now so I can have a fighting chance lol.

~FA
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    You've already won I guess. You out produce me enough at present to make up the 15k difference. :p And I don't have control over that many of my producing machines, so I couldn't offer much in the way of pointage for you if I lost. We could do this a week from now so I can have a fighting chance lol.

~FA

aww, I thought I had given a big enough lead to make it good...

ok, maybe when you have the new machines.

(Just trying to get a challenge going 'round here, maybe give a reason for people to dust off some old folding boxes...)
    edited October 2006
    Maybe if we start the challenge next Monday at 12:30 AM to the following Monday at 12:30 AM. Now just ain't a good time for me honestly. My 1 Conroe machine is shut off right now because I'm building a new desk for my office, and that's my main producing machine.

And for a prize...how about not a prize to eachother at all. The loser has to donate $25 USD to the SMX fund. Sound good?

~FA
    edited October 2006
    Well, I'm looking for some motivation here, so tell you what... no 15K head start, but you choose anyone from Team 93 to come in this thread and join you, and I'll see if I can do 2-on-1?

(This actually makes me a little nervous, might be very difficult depending on who comes to help you out)
    edited October 2006
    And for a prize...how about not a prize to eachother at all. The loser has to donate $25 USD to the SMX fund. Sound good?
    ~FA

sounds good to me. :-)
    edited October 2006
    I would ask for a volunteer...wouldn't want to donate someone else's money hehe. ;)

~FA
    edited October 2006
    I would ask for a volunteer...wouldn't want to donate someone else's money hehe. ;)

~FA

ok, let's see who wants in...I guess you can set a deadline and take your pick!

:rockon:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Well considering he has 150 possible cpu's that would still be an unfair advantage unless we gave FA - Jonshandbrake lol....

Even if I joined him I only have 30 CPU's available currently, when I should have 50+

You main competition is going to be

1 JonsHandbrake
    2 DanG
    3 primesuspect

and the goal would be to become the new folding Pharaoh!
    edited October 2006
    Well considering he has 150 possible cpu's that would still be an unfair advantage unless we gave FA - Jonshandbrake lol....

I did say *anyone* :thumbsup:

what do I have to do to have a friendly competition around here, go 3-on-1?
    edited October 2006
    Well if I had to pick I would pick you Sledge. He may have 150 CPUs, but they're all pretty slow. Together I think we could take the win. My conroe should be up tomorrow again. I'm also putting together a 3400+ machine tomorrow as well.

~FA
    edited October 2006
    LOL! The Hammer has been thrown.... If FA and Prime agree I will join them in a 5 day challange :)

TBH a FA & Sledge mix might be ftw.. as i have some tricks up my sleeve :)
    edited October 2006
    The problem I see is TT seems to chug 30 -40 WU's per day as we only seem to average less than 30 per day...

I will take the challange at the risk of nothing for the most part ... maybe just bragging rights as I only have access to 22 CPU's out of my 30+ and to change names on them would be a royle pain in my butt :)
    edited October 2006
    Well...no sense trying to engineer a win...let's just see how it goes. I might be able to pull together a few machines before the time limit is up, it just depends on Newegg. Hopefully all my parts will be here Thursday.

::EDIT:: And if we lose I'll donate $25 to the SMX fund :) Either way SMX gets 25 bucks. :)

~FA
    edited October 2006
    LOL! The Hammer has been thrown.... If FA and Prime agree I will join them in a 5 day challange :)

TBH a FA & Sledge mix might be ftw.. as i have some tricks up my sleeve :)

ok, so what, me vs. Sledge, Prime and FA? I'll agree to that, but that means I have some serious work to do...

...but I did say I wanted a challenge... :-)

EDIT: of course, I'll throw them $25 too.
    edited October 2006
    If that's agreeable to you, then it sounds good to me. You're seriously going to have to ramp up though, or something...cause combined, that's a TON of production.

~FA
    edited October 2006
    If that's agreeable to you, then it sounds good to me. You're seriously going to have to ramp up though, or something...cause combined, that's a TON of production.

~FA

Lol, that's about 12K daily production :hair:

alright, let's see if I can keep up with you guys!
    (I guess we'll just look at the last 7 days-worth of production a week from now...
    edited October 2006
    Sounds good to me!

~FA
    edited October 2006
    Sounds good to me!

~FA

:celebrate
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    ALRIGHT... some good natured competition!!!

SMx wins either way!!! :thumbsup:
    edited October 2006
    starting values
    myself: 19982

FA: 676326
    Prime: 3265207
    Sledge: 782840

I'll be amazed if I can pull this off, either way, I'm glad it's for a good cause. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    and the goal would be to become the new folding Pharaoh!
    There may be a new number one... but there will only ever be one :csimon:
    edited October 2006
    There may be a new number one... but there will only ever be one :csimon:

Very true Matt.... Very True....
    edited October 2006
    wait so what are the teams? I thought it was FA and me vs. TT? Prime never agreed to anything here :)
    edited October 2006
    I just re-added a P4 2.8 HT that I had folding awhile ago. Someone disabled the folding services. :(

~FA
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I'm in. I'll be adding three boxes tomorrow :ninja:
    edited October 2006
    Go ahead and ready your paypal account TT! :D

~FA
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    Alright, let's have a clean fight. No hitting below the belt, and...

LET'S SEE SOME BLOOD!!!!!!! :rarr:
    edited October 2006
    Go ahead and ready your paypal account TT! :D

~FA

Did I mention the 5 3Ghz HT servers waiting to go into production next week? :bigggrin:

Good thing I installed the OS's early about a month ago...

Guess what they started doing at 4:30.

(you didn't think I'd let you guys walk over me, right?) :wink: I'm not going down without a fight. :ninja:
    edited October 2006
    I've got enough coming alone to take care of those...don't even worry about that. ;) Plus Prime's 3...you're no better off...mwahahah.

~FA
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    If I can get a copy of the ati folding client ..... :ninja: