Throwdown: FoldingAddict

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I've got enough coming alone to take care of those...don't even worry about that. ;) Plus Prime's 3...you're no better off...mwahahah.

~FA

I might still have a few tricks up my sleeve...we'll see what comes down the pipe by Wednesday... :crazy:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Alright, let's have a clean fight. No hitting below the belt, and...

LET'S SEE SOME BLOOD!!!!!!! :rarr:

I 2nd that notion....MAN LAW!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Did I mention, I am adding a few new CD2's and another line up of AMD 4400 X2's... :) the fight is on...... buhaa ahaa haa ha ah aha ha ...
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    OH this is goona be bloody!!!!

!!!YEAH!!!
    edited October 2006
    Did I mention, I am adding a few new CD2's and another line up of AMD 4400 X2's... :) the fight is on...... buhaa ahaa haa ha ah aha ha ...

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/extra_page.php?s=&u=195375
    edited October 2006
    2/3 of my machines, and 4 of 5 servers are without power today due to heavy storms in the Chicago area.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
    edited October 2006
    I still never got the teams? is it me, FA and Prime?
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2006
    I think that's the idea Sledge...Prime agreed to it. But, even without prime you and me still outproduced TT yesterday. :p

~FA
    edited October 2006
    He pushed 7000+ points :) I think his production might peak 10K if power wasn't out.... as he only has 64 of 150 CPU's reporting :) I think he might give us a run for our money here pretty soon :)

Note: added 1 Core Duo 2.16Ghz CPU.. and 2 Pent 4's 3.4Ghz last night....
    edited October 2006
    He pushed 7000+ points :) I think his production might peak 10K if power wasn't out.... as he only has 64 of 150 CPU's reporting :) I think he might give us a run for our money here pretty soon :)

Note: added 1 Core Duo 2.16Ghz CPU.. and 2 Pent 4's 3.4Ghz last night....

...if the power wasn't out... :cry:

I'm getting completely destroyed right now.

contest.jpg

You guys better keep it up though...With all this downtime, I had time to talk to my superintendants...they've approved the installation of FAH systemwide.

:mean:

:rant::rant::rant: DANGIT COMED! GET THOSE LINES UP! :rant::rant::rant:
    edited October 2006
    Damn.......you weren't lying, you're getting owned.

~FA
    edited October 2006
    I should have a spike in production here soon, once all thjese new cores finally post some WU's :)
    edited October 2006
    Damn.......you weren't lying, you're getting owned.

~FA

power's back. lots of work to do... :hrm:
    edited October 2006
    Nice! I look forward to seeing your final output totals (with all possible machines running full strength.) Should be something to see! I think you're probably going to be #1 producer in no time.:D

~FA
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    I had time to talk to my superintendants...they've approved the installation of FAH systemwide.
    You must be a real sweet talker! Good work. Share your sales pitch, please. :thumbsup:
    edited October 2006
    Leonardo wrote:
    You must be a real sweet talker! Good work. Share your sales pitch, please. :thumbsup:

I work for an association that covers three private Christian schools on the south side. I'm their one-man IT person. With that in mind, I sent this a while ago, and they just got back to me with an affirmative...

copy/paste from my email:
    I was thinking about how our machines sometimes sit for hours without doing anything. They're using electricity and not serving any purpose. Obviously it's impractical/unenforceable to start the machines every time we want to use them, and shut them down when we're done.

What about using those unused machines to find cures for diseases? Someone in my grad school class [NOTE: QCH2002] turned me on to the folding@home project, sponsored by Stanford University. I've had the program running in the background of my laptop for a few weeks now, I can't even tell it's there. But when I go look up my stats, I can see it's making a difference.

Watch this, and let me know what you think:
    http://joinfolding.com/video/index.html

I was seeing it as a way to use our blessings to fulfill our responsibility to others, in a way that isn't disruptive to our people using the machines.

Thanks
    edited October 2006
    Did you mention the increased power usage/heat generated by running the project? :p

~FA
    edited October 2006
    :) nice, will be cool to see a 200+ CPU folding farm over there :)
    edited October 2006
    Just so we have are numbers right I will keep track as well :)
    edited October 2006
    Did you mention the increased power usage/heat generated by running the project? :p

~FA

Hey, I saw him later and said 'Yeah, and we might not need to turn on the heat either' :crazy:
    edited October 2006

Well, we'll see how many hours a day the machines can run uninterrupted...
    edited October 2006
    Just so we have are numbers right I will keep track as well :)

yeah, I'm getting worked pretty badly. 2/3 campuses have power... rumor has it that it might be a few days to get power back to the one campus...:mad:
    edited October 2006
    Mother Nature is on TFB side woot! no matter the outcome TT we are 100% glad you have joined team 93 you have given us the spirt of folding once again. I might not have added the CPU's i did without you coming along :)

Power bill in Cali has been spiking a bit so I have been dropping the amount of PC's I have at home to only what I need. for a 2,000sq.ft. home I don't like seeing a $465.00 electric bill :)
    edited October 2006

all trash talk aside, it is really great to have an organization agree with the project. And for all you net admins out there, tell the boss that it's not affecting the machines at all. It's un-noticeable, and I have boxes from 600mhz/256MB to 3.08Ghz/2GB...all of them are fine.
    edited October 2006
    Mother Nature is on TFB side woot!

:doh:
    edited October 2006
    And for all you net admins out there, tell the boss that it's not affecting the machines at all. It's un-noticeable, and I have boxes from 600mhz/256MB to 3.08Ghz/2GB...all of them are fine.

That statement is not entirely true. I have taken a bit fo a hit when running p[rogrmas like 3ds Max and Photoshop at the same time, as the PC has issues freeing up that much CPU power at any given time. But overall it runs fine.
    edited October 2006
    That statement is not entirely true. I have taken a bit fo a hit when running p[rogrmas like 3ds Max and Photoshop at the same time, as the PC has issues freeing up that much CPU power at any given time. But overall it runs fine.

Obviously a person has to apply it to their environment, what I meant is that it's not noticeable in my environment at all...

...if a net admin applies FAH to their own domain without thinking about their own environment's unique needs, I'd say it's time for a career change...
    edited October 2006
    Honestly I don't put FAH on machines that have only 256MB of RAM AND have people using them. 256 is usually fine for a dedicated folder, but a machine with 256 running XP with someone browsing the net on it will see a definite slow-down.

P.S. YES! Thanks for joining #93 man...this is some serious fun trying to catch up with your production!

~FA
    edited October 2006
    Honestly I don't put FAH on machines that have only 256MB of RAM AND have people using them. 256 is usually fine for a dedicated folder, but a machine with 256 running XP with someone browsing the net on it will see a definite slow-down.

P.S. YES! Thanks for joining #93 man...this is some serious fun trying to catch up with your production!

~FA

:)

I made a special OU for those machines:

'SLOW MACHINES'

lol. It's made up of machines that are basically terminals for the library card catalog program.

Actually, now that I think about it, my FAH GPO isn't assigned to the 'Slow Machines' OU...so I guess I should say that 1Ghz/512 to 3Ghz/2GB aren't affected by FAH...
    edited October 2006
    I gotcha now...nice.

~fA