Throwdown: FoldingAddict

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    God you suck...1/3 and your putting down numbers like that?!?!?!?

~FA

wtf lol

I'll try to do better tomorrow. :vimp:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Man if the GPU client could perform up to par...... I just came into an x1900xt....
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    .... I just came into an x1900xt....
    Ewwwwwww... :skeptic:
    edited October 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Ewwwwwww... :skeptic:

wow.

:hitit2:
    (I figure I'll never find a reason to use that one, so now is as inappropriate as ever...)

You can also use your imagination with this one too:
    :Rocker:
    edited October 2006
    Good news is that all the campuses are up, but the bad news is that some networking issues are keeping the rollout from happening. Looks like I might be screwed if I can't figure it out today. :grumble:

contest.jpg
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2006
    Sometimes the Standford's servers is down.
    http://vspx27.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

Have you scattered away the crows away from the chimney ? :vimp:

Keeping my fingers cross for you, that they will show up soon :thumbsup:
    edited October 2006
    Esso wrote:
    Sometimes the Standford's servers is down.
    http://vspx27.stanford.edu/serverstat.html

Have you scattered the crows away from the chimney ? :vimp:

Keeping my fingers cross for you, that they will show up soon :thumbsup:

thanks for the fingers crossed. I'm having the clients pull down the FAH client from a network share at my main campus. For some reason, the 2 smaller campuses aren't able to access many of my main campus servers since the power outage.
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2006
    I feel for you TT, I HATE troubleshooting problems like that.

Hopefully you'll figure it out in time to make up the points.

~FA
    edited October 2006
    I feel for you TT, I HATE troubleshooting problems like that.

Hopefully you'll figure it out in time to make up the points.

~FA

me too. DNS replication SUCKS. Especially when you can count on it not being set up as designed...or as it makes sense...

inherited networks...sigh
    edited October 2006
    Just added today a Core 2 Duo E6300 @ Stock and a Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHz. Tomorrow, I'll be adding another E6300 @ stock, and maybe 1 or 2 3400+s.

~FA
    edited October 2006
    6 hours later, and I figured the problems out, but I've got a lot of catching up to do! I think today I *should* be running at full capacity...for real this time...
    edited October 2006
    Looking pretty sad. I'm hoping for a fantastic afternoon, since I'm estimating I have an additional 120 processors folding today, and only 1000 points or so in the last 12 hours! (wtf)

contest.jpg
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    a 28,000 point afternoon :)
    edited October 2006

erm...yes. :p

The way I see it, I have until 4:21pm CST Monday to make up the difference. Those two days down might prove to be a deal-breaker, but such is life!

(tells the hamsters to run faster)
    edited October 2006

:-) I pushed out to my 2 lesser campuses yesterday about 3pm. A quick look at a few machine's logs (I do a hidden share of their C:\fah1) shows that they're all within about 3 hours of each other, at about 75% completed. They've been folding for 18 hours total...so... Hopefully in about 6 hours I'll see these 178 machines turn in their first WU's!

The sad part is that the majority of school ends in about 3 hours, and these machines might be off until Monday morning. Which means I might have to wait until about 11am monday to see these WU's!

Talk about down to the wire...I might have a last-ditch effort here!

Also, I can see your guy's production has ramped up a bit in the last day or so - congrats!
    edited October 2006
    Yes, yes it has! By the way...I am completely thrilled with the folding speed of this 6600 @ 3GHz!! If I could get a steady stream of 1495s, just that one machine would be posting 2040 points per day. Alas, P772s....:(

~FA
    edited October 2006
    Yes, yes it has! By the way...I am completely thrilled with the folding speed of this 6600 @ 3GHz!! If I could get a steady stream of 1495s, just that one machine would be posting 2040 points per day. Alas, P772s....:(

~FA

:woowoo:
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2006
    I have the fullest and honest admiration for your work Techno.

I mean you will soon have 300+ computers to take care of, and that is very serious nervous break down business.

You are doing a great job just getting all these PC's folding.

What I'm saying here is that no one holds it against you, I would personally give you more time to get them going,
    and trim them for best performance.

You didn't know anything about F@H 3 weeks ago, and now you are climbing the team 93 like a rocket from cape canaveral.

:kneel:

And you are all by yourself. :respect:
    edited October 2006
    Esso wrote:
    You are doing a great job just getting all these PC's folding.

hey thanks!

I'm in the middle of trying to write up easy-to-understand directions so anyone can do the same thing I'm doing.

My 'How to push out FAH via Active Directory' is already in the FAQ, but I'm working on a Part 2 for it. Basically, I'm working on an automated way for the machines to report back with their install status, and an automated way to monitor an unlimited amount of machines on a LAN.

I think I'm on the right track, and it might take a while, so thanks for the encouragement! Out of all of this, the goal is to learn and motivate to get more people folding.

I've targeted network admins (because I am one, among other things), but every person folding helps bot FAH and Team93, both to encourage each other to fold, and to recruit more people in the 'quest for the cure'! :)

:beer: Here's to what (hopefully) will be a very, very shocking Monday, as far as completed WU's are concerned! Stay tuned and watch out, because next week things are really going to start moving.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Well this is exciting guys !!! I have been following the thread daily.

I think I will make a stand alongside Mr.TT TFB...Well I guess I can't decide. So I will say this I too will donate $25.00 to the smx fund in honor of this fine foray of folding fun.

Thanks a lot guys it is doing wonders for the project !! You guys rock :fold:

Scott
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Ok,T Tech I haven't looked at where you are or FA's team is
    But, To put some pressure on FA's team in this battle if FA's team win I'll send $25 into smx fund
    and
    If FA's team loses,Well I'll hang my head down and send $20 into the smx fund and hope for a better tomorrow.
    So come on guys you can't leave the new kid win.

To the other members of SM it's almost over bet on who you think well win
    edited October 2006
    I don't think we are allowed to "BET" that is why I called it a Donation :D

But ... I would like to show my support for the "New Guy " MR T tech..maybe it will put some wind in his sails. ( Like he needs it )

All for fun and the good of the project !!!

fold on

Scott
    edited October 2006
    Hey, that's great guys, the SMx project all goes for a good cause. To be honest, whether I win or lose I was planning on sending SMx $25 and about 20 6Gb hard drives I found. I believe they were ordered and installed in machines to be 2nd drives in RAID arrays, but the RAID was never set up. a few years later, the machines were retired, someone found the drives, and put them back in the box they were originally shipped in! So basically, I think they's been powered on for a few years, but weren't actively used.

I also have (I think) about 20 video cards laying around from some old machines. 4MB, WOO! Call fo Duty, here I come! (can you scale down CoD's graphics to Castle-Wolfenstein level?)
    edited October 2006
    DogDragon and Scott, Monday will be for you two!
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    scott wrote:
    I don't think we are allowed to "BET" that is why I called it a Donation :D

But ... I would like to show my support for the "New Guy " MR T tech..maybe it will put some wind in his sails. ( Like he needs it )

All for fun and the good of the project !!!

fold on

Scott

Ok I take "bet" back
    Lets show our support by a Donation in the side name to the fund and so there is no losers the donations I made is the same and so is me hanging my head down if the new kid win.
    Hey Tech win or lose You're on fire with the folding :respect::respect::respect::respect:
    edited October 2006
    DogDragon wrote:
    Ok I take "bet" back
    Lets show our support by a Donation in the side name to the fund and so there is no losers the donations I made is the same and so is me hanging my head down if the new kid win.
    Hey Tech win or lose You're on fire with the folding :respect::respect::respect::respect:

I am with you DD , There are no losers here !
    And I echo your sentiment that this should be a call for all fellow folders to "Rally" And pledge a few bucks to the
    <s>get Prime a new car fund</s> SMX Fund .

And TT...You are an inspiration Sir . Thanks for joining our family and team, it seems you have stirred the pot a bit. Thanks for keeping us on or toes and lighting a fire under our butts.:smokin:

Scott
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2006
    Guys.... I am touched, as I am sure the rest of the SM Folding Staff, at the amount of effort and spirit shown in this thread. Every day someone gets cancer and every day we get a bit closer to the cure. THANK YOU... :fold:
    edited October 2006
    morestuff.jpg

That is what my office looks like right now. The 3 machines in the center are all Conroes...I still have another conroe to build and a whole bunch of other stuff so I can get em folding. I'll be up all night, but it's worth it! :D:rockon:

~FA
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2006
    ...I'll be up all night, but it's worth it! :D:rockon:

~FA
    Looks like fun. :D
    edited October 2006
    FA

Dude ! That is one large pile of "NEW" hardware.

I am jealous.

It does look like a lot of fun.

" We're not Worthy" :respect::respect:

:thumbup

Scott