Black and White Game on Windows XP?

Comments

• edited August 2005
    When you download a patch what do you do next.
  • edited August 2005
    I've downloaded patch v1.3 now instead of not working it says The application has failed to start because P5DLL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. I've Tried re-installing it and it doesn't work again. What do i do.
  • edited August 2005
    Black Hawk wrote:
    You could try running it in compatability mode...
    How do you change the compatability mode.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Right click the shortcut, click Properties, click the Compatability Tab and then set the compatability mode.
  • edited August 2005
    I've changed the combatability to 2000 but i can't find the v1.2 patch only the v1.3 and that doesn't work
  • edited August 2005
    :confused::confused::confused: I found the patch and downloaded it but it still doesn't work. I looked on requirements on the ea system infromation and it says cpu speed 333MHz and it says i have -1306MHz. This is a new computer I don't understand. :confused::confused::confused:
  • edited August 2005
    ill be a little more clear about my problem. in the tagret portion of the properties i put the command noinetconn, I updated the game to 1.3, i have it set to compatability mode for windows 2000 (and had it set to 98 as well), my computer has all system requirements for the game, and finally.. no hotfix was found with those set of numbers.. was there anything i missed?
  • edited September 2005
    Yea yea, u guys r gonna feel like idiots after i tell u this (I know I did when I first got patch v1.3) But that patch is NOT the patch that any of you want. The patch fixes problems just like v1.1, but it was specifically created to make your Black and White game compatable with the P5(check the patch README at http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/blackwhite/black_white_patch_v1.300.txt)

And if ur curious as to wtf a P5 is, check this out, http://www.videogamealliance.com/vga_catalog/product_detail.php/pid=91598~subid=4564/index.html

Yea, now don't u feel foolish? Oh, and if u don't know how to remove a patch, go here http://www.lionhead.com/bw/downloads.html and just download and execute the patch uninstaller. It should uninstall ALL B & W patches that you have on.
  • edited September 2005
  • edited September 2005
    l3ean wrote:
    Same Problem Here. Followed in her same steps too.

AMD Athlon XP +2400
    512 DDR
    ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB DDR AND NVIDIA GeForce
    in same box with ATI as primary display..........could two displays be a problem?
    Anyway, mine doesn't even load the game, it just crashes back to desktop after splash screen. When it comes to uninstalling hotfixes, that is NOT recommended; and, even if i wanted to, i couldn't because it was part of SP2. In that case, i would have to reinstall windows xp fresh. Even then, it would have sp1 on it. Yes i have the Patch installed and everything..... Anyone with sp2 get this to run??? PLEASE help!!!! My little brother wants to play this game so bad.....otherwise, i would have left it in storage :p

Check the requirment of the game in the diagnostics when it autoloads. It should tell u if you can play it or not.
  • edited September 2005
    I downloaded both patches and I got it to work. Sadly, one of the patches fixes the resource bug where you can repeatedly right click and get a lot of food or wood, is there any way to fix that?
  • edited September 2005
    Wow, I haven't had any problems like that.

How do you get ride of how they fixed that one bug?
  • edited October 2005
    hey guys, i just borrowed this game off a mate and installed it fine then it said it couldnt detect directx 7.0a or greater, but i have 9.0c :S so i tried playing the game and again it said you cannot play B&W without directx 7 or higher.....HELP?!? :confused::scratch:
  • TarakonaTarakona Sweden
    edited October 2005
    I tried to install Black & White on Windows XP, I changed the game to the compatibility mode Windows 98/ME. The logo starts, but then an error shows:
    AppName: runblack.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: aclayers.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00034f90

What is wrong?

I also tried to install the patch v1.2, but it didn't work because something was wrong.

May I ever play Black and White again? I thought it was so fun playing it on our old computer.
  • edited October 2005
    Someone help please

I bought the black and white 2 game and I cant rotate, every other control works perfectly, but my mouse doesnt have a middle button so i tried changing the controls for the kepboard and its not working, everything else is perfect please help someone!!!!!!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    You rotate with "Z" and "X".
  • edited October 2005
    Black Hawk wrote:
    You rotate with "Z" and "X".

Hi there

I tried that too but its not working, game not responding to any keyboard controls
  • edited October 2005
    HI, can someone help me i just reinstalled xp and now black and white wont work i have everything up to date and patch 1.2, i can install perfect but my problem is when i try to run it all that comes up is a window with lionhead at the top and options and then it crashs back to xp. Also changed.Compatibility.
    Intel 845EBG2 Motherboard 533Mhz
    2 GHz Pentium 4 CPU
    256 DDR RAM
    ATI Radeon 7000
  • TarakonaTarakona Sweden
    edited October 2005
    Please, please, please, can't somebody help me?

I use Windows XP Home Edition. Compatibility:
    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3GHz
    1024MB RAM
    240 DDR RAM
    128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I tried to install Black & White on Windows XP, I changed the game to the compatibility mode Windows 98/ME. The logo starts, but then an error shows: Runblack.exe is having a problem because of something (roughly translated from swedish) and couldn't load the game.

What is happening? What am I doing wrong? Please just answer. I feel like I need comfort because of this. My poor Black & White game! :bawling:
  • edited November 2005
    Hi guys,

I've also joined the board for this very problem, and it seems a lot of useful help has been given out already.

I have the following system specs:
    • Athlon 3200+ @ 2.2GHz
    • ASUS Radeon 9800XT 258MB running Omega 2.5.76 drivers
    • 1GB DDR400 Dual Channel RAM
    • On-board AC'97 Audio (Gigabyte GA-7N400-L mobo)
    • DirectX 9.0c
    • MS IntelliMouse 4.0

My copy of Black & White is fresh installed, then patched to v1.2. It's set to Windows 2000 compatibility, and runs fine - except the game lags while the mouse is moving. I stop the mouse, the game runs fine, till I move it again. My mouse is connected using the normal USB connector, and running the newest IntelliPoint drivers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Got the exact same problem as this. Logitech Mx700 on USB.
    Anyone found a solution?
  • edited November 2005
    Hi is this thread still alive??

I still couldn't install B&W on my WinXP machine.
    I always get the "This build of CDCode is for Black and White. Yhis is an invalid build of CDCode. Please fill out the EReg Config form to obtain calid CDCode build" message when I run the setup.exe.
    I tried changing the setup.exe compatibility to run under win98 and still hit the same error. What am I doint wrong??
  • edited December 2005
    i got black and white, but it wonk work propely, i got patches 1.1,1.2 and 1.3,
    and the latest drivers for my grapix card, and it still wont work, what happns is the game runs, but the trees and stuff are streched and the textrues strech and go back to normal randomly, its unplayable, the specs for my pc are:
    windows xp
    Nvidia geforce fx 5200 128 mb
    AMD sempron 1.60 GHz prosesor
    256Mb R.A.M.

some one please help
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Wow B&W sounds to have more issues than any game I have seen!

Black and White Game on Windows XP? ( Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 )
    Thread Started By: Dexter

97,709 hits on this one topic... holy Crap! talk about issues!
  • edited December 2005
    does anyone know how to fix it, apart from buying creature isle, oh and if it makes a diforence its the sold out version of black and white
  • edited December 2005
    ok i just found out if you put the game to minimum requaments, it still does it but not as much
  • edited December 2005
    fixed it, to fix it i had to remove my grapix card
    edited December 2005
    ... so... how can you see anything?
  • edited December 2005
    most mouther boards have an in bilt grapix chip, if thay dont youve been riped off
    edited December 2005
    Erm, "some" do, any decent boards don't. The performance of the inbuilt chips are very, very poor.
  • edited December 2005
    thay all have inbuilt ones, and you can add ram to them like mine its 128mb and it runs sims 2 at maximum quilety