Paging all 3DMark2001 Benchmarkers

Comments

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    2nd run: 450/400, same computer speed = 20250

3rd run: 475/425, upped fsb +4. Card memory didn't like the 425, artifacts alloverdaplace. Gonna wait for a cooler night to continue but for now, :cool:
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited November 2003
    Good lord....
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    DogSoldier had this to say
    OMG 17K! We're all toast.
    :kneel:

Damn straight!!!
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Allright, I'm back to second place. By the end of monday night, 21K is the benchmark. Is that the max that XT will do Keto?

Simguy, why not just sell that cpu and get a 2.8? Not too many dollars in between. ANYTHING else than that week 11 must be better.
    edited November 2003
    Mack, with the memory at 425 it will run thru but artifacts like crazy - 410ish is artifact free. Haven't played as much with core speed yet, as noted above waiting for a cold snap to get back to ~0C mobo temps, 10C as this is typed. It's just a matter of time. I feel 21k is within reach. Wonder if any of my neighbours have a copy of Win2k I could play with...

On another note, I have a couple of questions about 3DM2K1. I see that some people run the tests individually or out of order, is this just in the "pro" version? I also can't find any guides for optimized settings such as LOD bias, been trolling forums like crazy - any pointers?
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited November 2003
    When is pci express gonna come out?
    edited November 2003
    No LOD to use. Just all the sliders to the left and tick for "application use" in the control panel.
    There is a way though to use older drivers on the XT which WILL get a lot of points.

Car low differ a lot from time to time. Run that only for like 10-15 races and see. Sometimes even up to 20fps which means 200 points for that only. The big pointers is Car high, Lobby High and Nature. They score 20 points/fps. Change agp aperture and see. Some say as low as 64 gets points. Do you know the limit of that cpu? If not, use set-fsb.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited November 2003
    Mackanz had this to say
    Allright, I'm back to second place. By the end of monday night, 21K is the benchmark. Is that the max that XT will do Keto?

Simguy, why not just sell that cpu and get a 2.8? Not too many dollars in between. ANYTHING else than that week 11 must be better.

You've read my mind Mack. For Christmas, I'm planning on a few things, one being a nice P4 2.8C that's going to appear on my desk. I'm not sure on that yet, as I may try to "bank" my christmas presents until March-April, when those Blue-Ray DVD-R's, Double Sided DVD-R writers come out, Socket 939 & the Athlon FX 53. Christmas in April! :D

It's hard to find the 2.4C's now as they have been discontinued for sale around here, so the cheapest is the $300.00 CDN 2.6C. :(

Fudgam:
    As for PCI Express, it should be out Q1-Q2 2004. AFAIK, the first motherboards that will be using it will be the next generation LGA775 boards for use with Prescott, but after that the rest of the market should start to adopt. We'll probably start to see hybrid PCI Express/PCI-32 boards for a while (like the old PCI/ISA combinations), but eventually they will all be phased out... :)
    edited November 2003
    Oh yea!! well eat this! its my highest score with a 9700 pro
    edited November 2003
    Wasn't it just 2 days ago you where almost ready to thrown out that card through the window Gnome?
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited November 2003
    Mackanz... when you get that Prometia on the computer, you should stick the box outside... that, or at least duct some really cold air into the Prometia's heat exchanger. If it'll do -30*F or whatever normally, feeding it freezing cold air ought to be interesting... :D
    edited November 2003
    Mackanz had this to say
    Wasn't it just 2 days ago you where almost ready to thrown out that card through the window Gnome?

yep and I am still selling it! I got a 9600xt on the way and plus for xmas i am gettinga 9800XT
    edited November 2003
    Geeky1 had this to say
    Mackanz... when you get that Prometia on the computer, you should stick the box outside... that, or at least duct some really cold air into the Prometia's heat exchanger. If it'll do -30*F or whatever normally, feeding it freezing cold air ought to be interesting... :D

Changing the gas is better for a 24/7 sollution.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    So FFS. My day to get my show on the road was Sunday...

But guess what decided to happen?

My brother's computer couldn't find boot device, no matter what.. And yes, I tried everything.

So I spent all my time reformatting his god damn computer, listening to him whine about his stupid files that he's too ****ing ignorant to back up onto CD. Then his video card wasn't working right, and I had to play nVidia driver games, eventually having to use BETA version 45.20 from august, because no other god damn driver would work on his ****ing Gigabyte board.

Put it in my computer.. Worked beautifully! Asus board? Beautifully! MSI board? Beautifully!

Gigabyte? Hell ****ing no.

So I wasted my entire day on his crap.

The only solace was my girlfriend coming and spending the evening with my frustrated self.

That part was better than any computer anyhow.
    edited December 2003
    Life's a bitch!

You will have your day soon my friend. I know it.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I played with powerstrip a little bit and got this. Just starting to show some artifacts.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    did a little more tweaking. I ran this with the mobo in +4% burn-in mode with the ram at 2.5-3-3-6 and powerstrip set at 380-425 I did have artifacts. little speckles. So I guess this is as far as it will go, with my limited knowledge !
    Specs
    P4 @3.12ghz 208 fsb SLK947u
    Intel D875pbzlk mobo
    2x 512 DDR400 Pc 3200 dual channel @ 2.5-3-3-6
    ATI AIW 9800 pro stock cooling

Pretty cool :thumbup
    edited December 2003
    Blu-Ray has been turned down by the DVD consortium.

HDVD is the new adopted format.. But it seems that Sony will stull make Blu-Ray anyways. :rolleyes2 ****ing idiots.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited December 2003
    Thrax had this to say
    Blu-Ray has been turned down by the DVD consortium.

HDVD is the new adopted format.. But it seems that Sony will stull make Blu-Ray anyways. :rolleyes2 ****ing idiots.

Uumm.... was that meant for in here? :D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    scott had this to say
    did a little more tweaking. I ran this with the mobo in +4% burn-in mode with the ram at 2.5-3-3-6 and powerstrip set at 380-425 I did have artifacts. little speckles. So I guess this is as far as it will go, with my limited knowledge !
    I've found (and I may be completely off base on this) that the speckles usually indicate too much core oc ...I only have to bump down to the next level.
    If I begin to see long traces being drawn at random across the images (whatever the term) then I've gone too far in mem.
    As a note (again may be wrong) I always up the core as far as it will go until I see specs then back down a notch ...then I overclock the mem til I see the traces then back down a notch.
    maybe that will help.
  • edited December 2003
    Well, it's my second day of having this IC7-G/2.6 up and running and this is what I've gotten so far with it. I really haven't tried optimizing any memory timings yet, just running it on the set by spd settings. Also, the vid card is my refurb AIW9800 pro I got from newegg. I have it set at 389/351 and no artifacting at all.
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited December 2003
    Nice 2.6c! What's cooling that baby?
  • edited December 2003
    It's all air, Al. I have an SLK800U with a Vantec Tornado for the cpu and the stock cooling on the AIW. Here's a new run at the same cpu clock speed but the vid card bumped up to 421/371. I'm running the cat 3.10 drivers and overclocking the card with the rage3d tweaker. Here's the link to my latest run.
  • NeoFXNeoFX Utah, US of A
    edited December 2003
    Wow... some very nice scores... here are mine!

Dec273dMk01SM.jpg
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    new high score! 20198

still at 1.9ghz , fooled around with the 9700pro gpu/mem speeds

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7377517
  • edited December 2003
    New personal best for me tonight; it's cold as a mofo in my computer room and I took advantage of the cold weather. Here's my latest and greatest.
  • lsevaldlsevald Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Nice RAM OC on that AIW9800P mudd :smiles:. My plain pro with stock cooling and volts would only OC to 440/345 artifact free. Water cooling, 2.0V on the gpu and 3.25V on the RAM helped a bit though :p (stock volts were 1.7Vgpu and 2.8Vram)

8p from 23k :banghead:
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7382307

If only I could run more than 1.95Vcore on this Barton :rolleyes:

AXP2500+@2700 (11x246, 11-2-2-2.0), NF7-S v2.0 bios D10, 2x256MB TwinMOS CH5, 9800P@530/390, Cat3.7, WinXP and DX9 (W2K and dx8.1 up next):
  • polarys425polarys425 Harrisonburg, VA
    edited December 2003

dont laugh too hard, its just a ti4600

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7387205
    edited January 2004
    Wow, I have a thing or 2 to learn about optimizing Win2000Pro - I borrowed a copy from a neighbour to do some benching, 2k1 at the same clocks that ran me 20,500+ on XPPro are running me FOUR THOUSAND points less with CAT 3.10's, 17,000 range with the XT.

HiHoHiHo it's off to work I go....disappointed tho...
    edited January 2004
    Interesting, as I run ~2000 points higher on Windows 2000.

And yes, it did occur to me that I have never posted a score despite my intention to.

I will make some ends of that soon, maybe. Hopefully. Time permitting.