Left 4 Dead

167891012»

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    so will i, hopefully the server won't dump people.

I have a question. We have a server but it requires people playing to be a member of our Steam group. Is there a way for people already a member of the group to invite friends into the server though they are not a member of the group. This would make sure the server gets more use because I have been with a group and had issues with several servers in a row and I just dream of the day when we could play on our server with friends only.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    "Membership by invite only".... Which I have learned means "If you are willing to vouch that these are good peeps, send the list to Prime or Kee...Lincoln requesting invites"

I might be wrong

-Bobby
    edited March 2009
    Ya but I am wishing their was a way for a member to invite people from their friends list that are non-members to play as long as they stay connected to the server and when they leave they can't get back in alone.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    So what's this new melee change I've been hearing about?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    >:( !!!!!!!!!
    edited March 2009
    exhaustion is forced on all servers now, it nerfs the survivors way to much. You get five regular melee attacks in a row then you are exhausted and its approx. half as fast after that.
    edited March 2009
    note it is only on Vs.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2380/

-Bobby
  • edited March 2009
    I heard a rumor that they are adding new maps, but taking out old ones, any truth to this?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Sweet, more friends to shoot ("accidentally").
    edited April 2009
    cambrose wrote:
    I heard a rumor that they are adding new maps, but taking out old ones, any truth to this?

I've heard nothing about removing maps. Just adding the two Vs maps that were not ready at launch and 1 new Survival map ("There are 12 levels for Survival, 11 taken from the existing Movies. The remaining is a brand new level, Lighthouse")

-Bobby
    edited April 2009
    Specific info about L4D Survival mode released on L4D Blog

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2417

-Bobby
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I think I might have played too much L4D, I keep having dreams involving the storyline in it. Just last night I had a dream that Linc, Snark, Winfrey, and myself were running away from a tank...
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Did we make it, or was it on expert and it caught us?
    edited April 2009
    Well, no, we didn't have any Molotov cocktails and well lets just say I spent a good portion of the dream on my back with everyone else, firing pistols without any luck...the rest was so weird it's better saved for a time when not everyone can read it.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    ...the rest was so weird it's better saved for a time when not everyone can read it.

come one MMS, nothing is sacred!;D
    edited April 2009
    Fine, I'll fill in the blanks after work. This is some pretty crazy stuff I have to write out.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I spent a good portion of the dream on my back
    I'm paying closer attention to this thread. :vimp:
    edited April 2009
    Played through Death Toll last night with a buddy and two Randoms (sometimes AIs). Smooth as ice 'til the finale. Took us 3 tries. 3rd time we used the rock on the far right bank. Worked out well. Tank got one of us on the way to the Boat.

Imagine if the boat never came? Oh survival how I will enjoy thee.

-Bobby
    edited April 2009
    Survival is out, Lighthouse map. If anyone finds a place that works against two tanks let me know. /run run run oh high tank turnaround run run run oh high another tank dead
  • TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
    edited April 2009
    _k_ wrote:
    Survival is out, Lighthouse map. If anyone finds a place that works against two tanks let me know. /run run run oh high tank turnaround run run run oh high another tank dead

Above the two water tanks works best... I got 12 min 32 sec...
    edited April 2009
    Survival = Win

Good times yesterday with Portzebie and a couple other guys. Messin' around on Lighthouse and the Cliff. Too much fun. I'm tellin' you it should be illegal but i'm sure the heck glad its not.

Had my first experience with two tanks also on the No Mercy scissor lift level. That was rapetastic.

Anyways, Look forward to many more good times holdout off death with you guys!

-Bobby
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Ahahahahah ESRB said Valve couldn't use two bitten off fingers for their promotional box art of L4D2.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    _k_ wrote:

A bit late, I know, but the best strategy I've found for the Lighthouse map is to have everyone grab auto-shotguns and cover the 4 corners of the living room. Use pistols against the waves of standard zombies, switch to auto shotguns for the tanks. If all 4 concentrate fire you can usually take down the tank before it can do much, if any, damage. Plus the weapons cache is right outside the door!