• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Merry christmas mas0n!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    add me to the list I just picked it up!
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I'm still working on getting L4D >.< I've got like $1.50 in my bank at the moment :tongue:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited December 2008
    I got it. First impression, meh. Second impression, oh that's what's about. I quite like it know but have a problem. It keeps freezing. Maybe 10 second chunks with an audio loop and frozen. I updated graphics drivers, no change. I see on the web this is a fairly common problem. I went on another server and it wasn't half as bad but I'd like it smooth.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Luckily, bothered, the first time I played with a group, I was with some IC people. That showed me what the game was about. The next time I played, I was with a horrible group who wouldn't stay together. We barely made it through the campaign. I would have been quite unhappy if that was my first experience.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy this...
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited December 2008
    I have it for the xbox 360. my gamertag is iammikehoncho if anyone wants to play
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited December 2008
    AAAAAAAAARGHH played the demo and loved just purchased it on steam... and it won't run GFX doesn't hit the minimum spec rest of the system stomps all over it but X800GTO is teh failz. played the demo fine on the X800GTO :mad::rarr:
    edited December 2008
    bothered wrote:
    I got it. First impression, meh. Second impression, oh that's what's about. I quite like it know but have a problem. It keeps freezing. Maybe 10 second chunks with an audio loop and frozen. I updated graphics drivers, no change. I see on the web this is a fairly common problem. I went on another server and it wasn't half as bad but I'd like it smooth.

Are you GPU folding bothered? You could try running it with the client paused to see if that helps.
    edited December 2008
    I am and I did, no change. I have been working a couple of 12 hour shifts so haven't played it in the last few days, but I will sort it soon.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    edited December 2008
    I found a site with a list of possible fixes. The first was a driver update. I seem to have sorted it by going back to an older driver. I had the newest Nvidia, 180, driver that needed changing. Here's the list in case anybody needs it. The world will contain considerably less zombies by 2009.

http://left4deadforums.com/1873-lag-sound-loop-crashes.html
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I got L4D as a Christmas present from Zanthian... I can't wait to play!
    edited December 2008
    sounds like the glitch i am having, I figured a crappy server every time! I am gonna downgrade my Nvidia drivers and hopefully that works
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Picked it up today and got a working mic, so now I can pwn zombie n00bs all day!
    edited January 2009
    i played my first vs game since i waited to get good at the campaign before I wanted to try.

also no glitching since i went to older drivers! thanks bothered
    edited January 2009
    also no glitching since i went to older drivers! thanks bothered
    :rockon:, you're very welcome.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Gents,
    I thought y'all might be interested in how to practice as infected or if you just want to play as infected against human bots. All you need to do is either start a local server or single player game and type the following in the console:
    sv_cheats 1
    sb_all_bot_team 1
    director_no_human_zombies 0
    director_force_versus_start 1
    chooseteam

Choose infected, spawn as smoker, type kill in console, spawn as boomer, type kill in console.

There. Hunter in single player or local server. I don't know if it will work on dedicated server or on IC server.

If you want more time to practice then have the bots mimic you and make them invincible like below:

bot_mimic 1 and god 1

Rex and I used this to play as two infected versus four human bots through an entire campaign. It really helps if you want to perfect the 25 pt hunter pounce...which is still a real "witch" (pun intended) to pull off.

Here are some other links I found helpful:

Hunter Megathread
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=653902
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    For as much as I've played, it seems there is a funny story behind at least one person dying near the end of the finale, at least there has been every time I've played so far.

For instance, just yesterday I was on the Death Toll finale, all four of us were cooped upstairs in the house. I see the boat coming, tell my teammates, jump off the second-level porch and make a run for it, assuming me teammates for close behind. I was sadly mistaken, as they decided to take the stair and go out the front door. In a rush to get back to my team, I start running towards them, only to be stopped, bludgeoned, and killed, by a Tank.

So I'm dead, but the rest of the team beats the boat to the dock. Just before the boat shows up, someone is pounced by a stalker. The horde hot on their heels, they decide to hop on the boat and leave him, but as the step on the boat, yet another person is grabbed by a smoker, dragged though the water, and clawed, and the boat takes off with only one person on it, one being mauled on the dock, one being clawed in the shallow water near the dock, and one dead on the porch.

Just thought I would share x.x
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I've escaped alone before... twice ;)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    thanks for the info Preacher

I was able to do this on the IC server earlier today and the 4 of us had fun being the infected the entire time.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    That's some good info Preach next time you and Rex practice give me a holla. I'll help take down those survivor scum with you.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    No worries, Gents. Just trying to share the love...

fatcat,
    that's great to hear it will work on the IC server.

Koreish,
    Game on then...I'll send you an invite during our next bot killing session.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Practiced infected tonight with Koreish. We might have gotten a little bored and started spawning things for the survivors to try to fight....

...ya...

Koreish: The one thing you don't want to see, eleven witches blocking your only escape.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    It was not a pretty sight entrails were scattered everywhere.
    edited January 2009
    Keebler, 2hyper, and Preacher and myself beat Blood Harvest on expert this afternoon. 2 hours, not too shabby!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    My friend Beatdown just showed me this.

20081201.jpg
    Awesomeee!
    http://fanboys-online.com/index.php?comic=311
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I finally got the "Finish any Campaign on Expert". It would of been nicer if it was join within' the first section and finish but noooooo, people get started in Expert and need k's help. jk ;) I love you guys until you become zombies and then I love you more cause your head explodes better.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    wait wut, you beat expert with bots or people?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    people, crappy people. One was a first time expert and would not listen and the other guy was screwing around horrible the rest of the time.