Left 4 Dead

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    I'll go with ya preach.
    No more speed runs. I promise.

Weezer, no worries. Speed runs have their place. Just ask Mrs. Preacher!
    fatcat wrote:
    I'll take the backdoor, in.

Oooo...I love the back door. Reminds me of the great Deep Purple song, Knocking at your Back Door..."Sweet Lucy was a dancer, but none of us could chance her, because she was a samurai..." :rarr:
    So is that our official team? Weezer, preacher, myself, fatcat? When are we meeting?

I'm free all day most weekends and weeknights after 8 PM EST. I'm friggin' tired of getting owned in Expert, because I'm playing mostly with random internet idiots. I prefer to get owned while playing with Intellectual-Killer Icrontians!:rockon:

How about tonight at 9 PM EST?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Can't - it's turkey day, I'll be at my mom's.

In general, however, thursday nights should be okay for me, esp at 9 or even 10pm
    edited November 2008
    Can't - it's turkey day, I'll be at my mom's.

In general, however, thursday nights should be okay for me, esp at 9 or even 10pm

Do we have a date then? Tomorrow at 9:00 PM EST?
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote:
    Do we have a date then? Tomorrow at 9:00 PM EST?
    Sorry. No can do. I'll be at my dad's all weekend. I won't be home until Sunday at around 6:30PM EST.

:(
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    FAIL.. Well, I can't do sunday nights, so.....
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Looks like the zombies win again!
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Looks like the zombies win again!

Insert C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\sound\music\undeath.wav
    edited November 2008
    Haw-Kay...
    -Sundays are a day of rest for infected AND survivors.
    -Weezer feels it is more important to bond with his family then save them from the looming apocalypse. I'm beginning to question his dedication...nuff said.
    -FreeC8675 loves infected and wants them on the federal endangered species list.
    -Lord Canti loves to post audio taunts at our inability to get together.

SO...why doesn't everyone post when they are available on weekdays and weekends? I'd be happy to play with any of the Icrontians...

Here's some interesting links...
    http://www.steampowered.com/status/l4d/
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=937407&topic=46727558
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Preacher I'm available most every night after 7pm PST on, sometimes 6pm. Weekends I'm free all day.

I feel like I owe you for the fail that was our expert attempt for the grim reaper achievement (especially since I requested we play that map.)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Hey somebody's gotta represent the undead in a legal sense. Think of the lawsuits they've built up. Not to mention teenage angst...
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    lol Zoey is always the outcast..

Speaking of which since I'm still broke at the moment I was playing the demo a few days ago and ended up playing as Zoey when I joined the game, somehow I think that character is underprivileged as whoever plays as her seems to get killed first...

That's cause she's a woman and they don't survive Zombie Apocalypse like men do :D.
  • edited November 2008
    Hey guys could I get invite into icrontic stream group? s/n is Jû§t!Cê
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I'm availible 8pmEST and later every night
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2008
    My steam name is 'poptartbox' could I get an invite to the group?
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Ugggggh. I got paid today. Which means I broke down and bought L4D :D.
    edited December 2008
    jared wrote:
    Ugggggh. I got paid today. Which means I broke down and bought L4D :D.
    Alright!
    edited December 2008
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Preacher I'm available most every night after 7pm PST on, sometimes 6pm. Weekends I'm free all day.

I feel like I owe you for the fail that was our expert attempt for the grim reaper achievement (especially since I requested we play that map.)

No worries, NiGHTS. I haven't completed expert yet. It is a serious B**ch!:rarr: The point is to make each campaign on expert our B**CH! This week is a KILLER work week for me, but Rexxar and I will be raring to go this weekend.
    fatcat wrote:
    I'm available 8pmEST and later every night

I have to say the campaign that Rexxar, fatcat, tiberiuslazarus, and I did last night was some of the most fun I've had at a computer in a long time. Great game, great scenario, great teammates, and great competition (EVEN if they did get owned! Sorry, Eggroll, Pseudonym, and J.).:rockon: This game is already worth the 50$ and with Versus and Coop Expert, I expect the fun to just keep on coming. Imagine when they start adding levels, classes, and different weapons/abilities ala TF2!!!!
    :cheers:
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    New internet hit; One boomer, One witch.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    boo Jimmeh! Boo!
    edited December 2008
    Playing tonight. Join me people for some versus.
    edited December 2008
    As a reminder to everyone hit the rescue summon twice or you'll sit there for awhile... *shamed*
    edited December 2008
    Koreish wrote:
    As a reminder to everyone hit the rescue summon twice or you'll sit there for awhile... *shamed*

That as awesome. Our entire infected team was just running around like "I wonder if they know they need to hit it twice..."

Twas a good game, and we had enough IC'ers at one point to have two separate vs games going and more people still wanting to get in on some. ^5
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    ya thats why after you push it the second time the little icon goes away.............so you know it doesn't need any more pushes.
    edited December 2008
    Koreish wrote:

HAWT.:rarr:
    edited December 2008
    Now that our server is up and providing infected to kill, time to begin fubaring it in true Icrontic fasion. Anyone up for some Death Toll or Dead Air versus? I hope so because I'm adding them to the server now.

Those who want to play these maps will need to download the maps here. Extract that archive into your steam/steamapps/common/left4dead/left4dead/maps directory. More information here.

MAKE SURE THE MAP FILES ARE IN YOUR BASE /MAPS DIRECTORY. NO SUB FOLDERS, etc.
    edited December 2008
    So my buddy's birthday is next week (Preston on the forums), so I bought him TF2 for his birthday.

Steam ****ed up and gave him L4D as well! Two for the price of one! ^5 Valve
    edited December 2008
    We just played a round of Dead Air vs. It has some kinks that need to be worked out, but for being a straight pull of the campaign map its ok. Hopefully Valve releases the real maps shortly.
    edited December 2008
    I really enjoy playing as the infected, but does anyone else find it difficult? I can never seem to land a pounce and my bind always seems to break as smoker before I can do damage. Maybe it's just me though.
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I found it really hard at first. Like so hard I thought it was just stupid.

As infected if you don't work as a "team" with the other infected you are ****ed.

You have to talk to the other infected players and work together or it's gonna be a massive fail.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    It seems to me the objective of the Infected players is not to 'win', it is to make the game interesting for the survivors.