SAMSUNG VS TOSHIBA HDTV

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Its valuable enough to know that you should never buy a samsung monitor cause its awaste of your hard earned money that saves you money so its valuable get it looser
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    DONT LIKE FOUL LANGUAGE DO NOT USE IT AROUND ME
    BUT I BET NOW EVERYONE IS GONNA COME HERE SWEARING
    i dont nkow what you guys are upto, always setting people up
    you are always on here i M just passING through.IT MAYBE THE MOST IMPORTANT CHOICE THEY WOULKD HAVE TO MAKE{REGARDING A COMPONNENT OF YOUR PC}
    AFTER ALL IM IN INFRONT OF MY DISAPLY MOST TIMES AND I WANT TO SHARE THIS VALUABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS THAT MAY NOT NKOW THE DIFFERENCE.

i do it for a reason
    i find out certain things and for good reason I COME HERE TO DISCUSS IT
    and try hard to share it with the world while others the likes of you that is
    is constantly working for the devil LIKE RECOMMENDING THAT JUNK

Is this your attempt to edit your previous posts?
  • edited August 2009
    Cause you guys are being rude in this place all the time bashing people
    thinkin you are the smart ones im just a simple person saying simple thing s
    i dont want people comming saying nothing than stupidity tell me why im wrong dont say stupidness i lost it this time so im mad that you guys dont want to agree without droping the specs
    prove me wrong with respect i will follow suit
    be a liar and i will trump
    be very carefull in the way you speak to others
  • edited August 2009
    pragtastic wrote:
    is this your attempt to edit your previous posts?
    yes it is i wrote more than you so it justifies my writting
  • edited August 2009
    PROVE ME WRONG THAN YOU WIN
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    You fail to understand that you lost long, long ago.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Cause you guys are being rude in this place all the time bashing people
    thinkin you are the smart ones im just a simple person saying simple thing s
    i dont want people comming saying nothing than stupidity tell me why im wrong dont say stupidness i lost it this time so im mad that you guys dont want to agree without droping the specs
    prove me wrong with respect i will follow suit
    be a liar and i will trump
    Once again... nobody has called you a single name/slurr/slang or anything else in this thread. It is YOU who have repeatedly called us names and other terms. How can you read this thread and continue to blame us for things that are not present?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    when strt using foul languag e around me and be disrespectful i will not tolerate that shit get it?

Looks like it's time for me to get some popcorn. Things are starting to get good.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    PROVE ME WRONG THAN YOU WIN

Crayon.gif
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    One display model does not a bad manufacturer make.

I'm sorry you're having bad luck, but Samsung is one of the premier display manufacturers on the planet.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    seaking.gif

This means that we are all astoundingly amused that you registered in our community to talk shit about a company which has an incredible track record of producing some of the world's best HDTVs.

As if this weren't absurd enough, you chased your baseless and inane comments by suggesting brands that are -- on their best day -- of marginal quality. I can assure you that Phillips, Toshiba, and <i>especially</i> JVC do not even operate on the same plane that Samsung occupies when it comes to display technology.

Perhaps you received a bad unit. Perhaps you bought a budget display (you did) and expected stellar performance. Perhaps you don't know what kind of product you actually want (this is extremely probable).

Let's review your various missteps:
    1. You bought a Samsung monitor -- for a PC -- that also happens to be capable of 1080p. Were you expecting it to be an HDTV? A monitor? The world may never know, because nowhere in your illiterate rambling do you expound on that point.
    2. You then suggest Toshiba, Phillips and JVC for quality displays. Given that none of them offer a complete product line of monitors, we must assume that you were using the Samsung as a television.
    3. As a monitor, a 10,000:1 contrast ratio is outstanding. As a television, it's the bottom of the barrel. If you were expecting world-class TV performance, you clearly didn't do your product research. 10k:1 for a TV produces greys and greens, not the rich blacks people expect.
    4. You mention Viewsonic as a great company, but they only make monitors. More humorously, they only offer two panels that are of passable enthusiast quality. If you're curious, those are the ViewSonic VX2260wm and VX2262wm displays. On a 1-10 scale, they're a solid 6. Nothing miraculous. Do you still even know how you actually want to use this display?
    5. The Samsung T220HD display received 4/5 stars from DigitalVersus.com, one of the premiere sites dedicated to reviewing televisions and PC displays. Given that the site gives just four monitors a five-star rating, out of the hundreds that have been reviewed, we can be confident with the idea that a 4-star rating is quite good.
    6. Have you looked at CNet's HDTV rankings lately? CNet has one of the most comprehensive body of HDTV reviews on the planet, and they're unscrupulously honest about their reviews. In fact, they're fairly nitpicky which means the ratings are lower than they could be. You should check out the ratings for yourself. Notice anything? Samsung owns more than 50% of the top-10 LCDs, while your Phillips, Toshiba, JVC and ViewSonic don't even make the list.
    7. About JVC: I stopped looking for their TVs after I got 10 pages in and didn't find a single JVC LCD. Guess they're not really the undisputed champion, eh?
    8. Why are you talking about jitter and color when they're completely unrelated visual phenomenon? Jitter is unwanted motion in a scene, and color is a pretty duh concept.
    9. 6-bit vs. 8-bit? What the hell? Nobody has made a 6-bit display since Bill Clinton was in office.
    10. There is nothing wrong with 8-bit panels. Between the 16,777,216 colors they can naturally produce, and dithering techniques to produce the remaining colors, all 8-bit panels can produce more color than the human eye can see (between 1 & 10 million, depending on visual acuity).
    11. to be sor loosers cause samsung funds this place samsung
      Wrong.

These are just the factual inaccuracies which have netted you a poor reception in this community. I won't spend much time covering your juvenile abuse of the shift key, your horrid spelling, your martyr attitudes, your forum inexperience, your failure to understand "burden of proof," your routine psychological deflections, and your demands to be treated like an adult even as you run afoul of every point of order we respect in this forum.

You came to troll, and I promise you that you bit off far more than you can chew when you caught my attention. Do not come into our house and demand respect when you have said not one thing that demands it.

Go home.
  • edited August 2009
    pragtastic wrote:
    You fail to understand that you lost long, long ago.
    ?no logic
    edited August 2009
    Thrax wrote:

This means that we are all astoundingly amused that you registered in our community to talk shit about a company which has an incredible track record of producing some of the world's best HDTVs.

As if this weren't absurd enough, you chased your baseless and inane comments by suggesting brands that are -- on their best day -- of marginal quality. I can assure you that Phillips, Toshiba, and especially JVC do not even operate on the same plane that Samsung occupies when it comes to display technology.

Perhaps you received a bad unit. Perhaps you bought a budget display (you did) and expected stellar performance. Perhaps you don't know what kind of product you actually want (this is extremely probable).

Let's review your various missteps:
    1. You bought a Samsung monitor -- for a PC -- that also happens to be capable of 1080p. Were you expecting it to be an HDTV? A monitor? The world may never know, because nowhere in your illiterate rambling do you expound on that point.
    2. You then suggest Toshiba, Phillips and JVC for quality displays. Given that none of them offer a complete product line of monitors, we must assume that you were using the Samsung as a television.
    3. As a monitor, a 10,000:1 contrast ratio is outstanding. As a television, it's the bottom of the barrel. If you were expecting world-class TV performance, you clearly didn't do your product research. 10k:1 for a TV produces greys and greens, not the rich blacks people expect.
    4. You mention Viewsonic as a great company, but they only make monitors. More humorously, they only offer two panels that are of passable enthusiast quality. If you're curious, those are the ViewSonic VX2260wm and VX2262wm displays. On a 1-10 scale, they're a solid 6. Nothing miraculous. Do you still even know how you actually want to use this display?
    5. The Samsung T220HD display received 4/5 stars from DigitalVersus.com, one of the premiere sites dedicated to reviewing televisions and PC displays. Given that the site gives just four monitors a five-star rating, out of the hundreds that have been reviewed, we can be confident with the idea that a 4-star rating is quite good.
    6. Have you looked at CNet's HDTV rankings lately? CNet has one of the most comprehensive body of HDTV reviews on the planet, and they're unscrupulously honest about their reviews. In fact, they're fairly nitpicky which means the ratings are lower than they could be. You should check out the ratings for yourself. Notice anything? Samsung owns more than 50% of the top-10 LCDs, while your Phillips, Toshiba, JVC and ViewSonic don't even make the list.
    7. About JVC: I stopped looking for their TVs after I got 10 pages in and didn't find a single JVC LCD. Guess they're not really the undisputed champion, eh?
    8. Why are you talking about jitter and color when they're completely unrelated visual phenomenon? Jitter is unwanted motion in a scene, and color is a pretty duh concept.
    9. 6-bit vs. 8-bit? What the hell? Nobody has made a 6-bit display since Bill Clinton was in office.
    10. There is nothing wrong with 8-bit panels. Between the 16,777,216 colors they can naturally produce, and dithering techniques to produce the remaining colors, all 8-bit panels can produce more color than the human eye can see (between 1 & 10 million, depending on visual acuity).

11. Wrong.

These are just the factual inaccuracies which have netted you a poor reception in this community. I won't spend much time covering your juvenile abuse of the shift key, your horrid spelling, your martyr attitudes, your forum inexperience, your failure to understand "burden of proof," your routine psychological deflections, and your demands to be treated like an adult even as you run afoul of every point of order we respect in this forum.

You came to troll, and I promise you that you bit off far more than you can chew when you caught my attention. Do not come into our house and demand respect when you have said not one thing that demands it.

Go home.

QFAwesomeness
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I still don't see any explanation of why the display is a problem. The little bit of information you've given us could point to an issue somewhere else.

I personally own two Samsung televisions and two Samsung computer monitors. They range in age from 6 years to less than 1 year old. I cannot say I've ever had a problem with color or quality. I did research beforehand and knew what I was purchasing. I also purchased from a reputable retailer that allows returns if I'm unsatisfied with the product.

My roommate owns a Samsung monitor and will be purchasing a Samsung TV this weekend. It sounds like the majority of long-standing, proven-educated members of Icrontic own Samsung displays. No one here is a representative of Samsung, yet they're spoken highly of throughout the forum. I will continue to recommend Samsung displays to anyone who asks.

I'm not saying your concerns aren't legitimate. There's a possibility you may have received a bad unit. However, all you've done is essentially shout "SAMSUNG SUCKS," without any evidence. And instead of providing any when asked, you proceeded to verbally attack long-standing members.

Good luck with your JVC display. :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2009
    i give it a zero stars no matter what you say cause for the same money i could of gotten a 10 bit video processor vs this crap
    you are stupid promotting their stuff again
    so your saying that for money i paid i got shit right
    you are right i did buy on a budget but for that price versus another display
    it would get soked wheter by acer or viewsonic or toshiba dynex rca
    you are stupid to say that for the price i paid i shouldnt get any better you are the devil
    ill pay a dollar and get better than hp dreamcolor monitor if iwant
    thats no joke even for a dollar i wont take this either get looser dont say stupid things again
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Thrax, you are the devil!
  • edited August 2009
    byus byus byus stupidity jvc rules any day and toshiba
    and ati get got git good now shut up end of discussion

samsung equals the worst display in the market
  • edited August 2009
    i already own the thing i nkow im starring right at them
    the jvc is the best scaler
    edited August 2009
    angrycat.jpg
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Ok... but why tell us?

The whole internet does not read this site.

Make sure you visit other sites and post the same thing, so that more people know.
    edited August 2009
    (And make fun of you.)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2009

grammartime.gif
  • edited August 2009
    my jvc hdtv/monitor was desingned to excite not only the most discraminating home decorist
    but also to excite the most discrimanating visual enthusiast
    do you get it now
    i paid $599 2 year ago. it's better than any 1080 p set i ve seen

720p is better than 1080p
    edited August 2009
    What.

The fuck.

Are you talking ab-

Screw it.
    edited August 2009
    I AM DISCRAMINATING HOME DECORIST VISUAL ENTHUSIAT PLS TELL ME WHAT TV iS GOOD BCOS I DNOT LIKE SAMSUCK

relevant_interest.jpg
    edited August 2009

No. This is the best scaler:
    1428.jpg.xs.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    for $599 at the time i got it it was clearly the best
    jvc is well respected in that department the tv department

i got it as a replacement for my i art pro{free}wich wich was the best at 480p full of color
    looked great on the dreamcast and the xbox but not the ps3
    dam i miss that thing i shouldnt of given it up i cant even find them anymore
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    this-thread-is-super-green.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    samsunk samsuck what ever you do understand my main point right its been said
    samsung sucks cok
  • edited August 2009
    Annes wrote:
    this-thread-is-super-green.jpg
    what does this mean?
This discussion has been closed.