SAMSUNG VS TOSHIBA HDTV

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Again i am sorry for the stuff i said (names/foul language etc) and for my spelling errors.(IF I OFFENDED IT ANYONE im so sorry)I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THESE SYMBOLS AND THE WAY YALL THINK OR MISCOMMUNICATION PERHAPS ON MY PART THAT IS i feel like evryone is going against me for some reason.

by the way do i have to download i e spell or something to edit the words .the red underlining under misspelled words disappeared again (the spell checker)

i was just trying say that the samsung is is not as good as toshiba
    thats it keeping it real and simple(so much for that now)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Unfortunately, you can't edit posts past a certain amount of time. That's how it works for everybody except moderators.

And again, with respect, I still don't think we entirely understand why you're having such issues with the Samsungs. I own four Samsung displays, and of everybody I know that owns them, none have ever had anything but high praise for them.

Is your complaint that standard definition content doesn't look as good on them as it does on a standard definition TV? If so, that's just an unfortunate side effect of having more pixels available to display information that doesn't exist in the media. There are upscaling DVD players on the market that attempt to fill in that information, but it's all just guesswork.

Playing HD content or media with sufficient information to saturate the display will give you, I presume, much better display qualities than you're experiencing now.
  • edited August 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    unfortunately, you can't edit posts past a certain amount of time. That's how it works for everybody except moderators.

And again, with respect, i still don't think we entirely understand why you're having such issues with the samsungs. I own four samsung displays, and of everybody i know that owns them, none have ever had anything but high praise for them.

Is your complaint that standard definition content doesn't look as good on them as it does on a standard definition tv? If so, that's just an unfortunate side effect of having more pixels available to display information that doesn't exist in the media. There are upscaling dvd players on the market that attempt to fill in that information, but it's all just guesswork.

Playing hd content or media with sufficient information to saturate the display will give you, i presume, much better display qualities than you're experiencing now.

The explanation for this;
    try any other monitor that says jvc viewsonic panasonic what ever the brand
    the vg series is good i think the vx SERIES FROM VIEWSONIC wide screen still sucks.
    but my jvc proves that wrong even the vgwide screen may not be as good compared to mine
    i seen them they look like they operate differently since they have hdcp.
    i can go on and on unfortunately i want to keep this simple as possible nothing is gonna save samsung i wish it could .
    you are missing somepoints i mentioned earlier regarding limited control over color etc on different inputs ALSO THE DVDS COLOR AND JITTERS HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY THIS .
    JUST TRY THOSE BRANDS OK IM TRYING TO HELP you OK

the story goes on and on etc im sorry that you only purchased samsung next time try a 10 bit display there is a big difference in the amount of colors you will get my vg viewsonic saved me from the the others9EVEN THOUGH 8 BITS I THINK PER CHANNEL BUT STILL VERY COLORFUL.IT'S not easy to get them anymore : vg2021m I ALSO USE TO HAVE THE VIEWSONIC 20 INCH TUBE GRAPHIC SERIES SO I KNOW HOW GOOD IT USED TO BE WITH CRT TUBE MONITORS THAT THING WENT UP TO 164 HERTZ AMAZING DONT YOU THINK BUT IT WAS HUGE.
    no hdcp ON THE vg series one that i purchased.
    WHEN I GOT THEM THAT KILLED ME AT FIRST,
    but Is way better than any other ones iv seen.they are not tv's though
    i also tried the viewsonic tv 1080p vx24 inch (FIRST)had to return that to best buy was worst than the samsung that i own now actually way worst for way more
    SO YES AS A TV AND MONITOR ITS BETTER THAN VIEWSONIC BUT NOT JVC AND NOT BETTER THAN THE VG2021M but that is not a tv but who cares i rather that
    dont make something if your not gonna make it good so charge more.

you got to be careful no matter who you are buying from
    the samsung is a syncmaster though
    the viewsonic vg2021 can not sync with the ps3 either
    some cons and pros every where

SAMSUNG IS TRULY GOOD AT SYNCRONISING THATS FOR SURE.

MY VIEWSONICS BROKE 1 MONTH AGO ,THE BACKLIGHT SEEMS DEAD, I DIDN'T WANT TO RMA IT AFTER 2 YEARS AND 8 MONTH STILL UNDER WARRANTY SO I PURCHASED THIS MONITOR
    HOWEVER I MUST SAY SOME OF THE BLU RAYS WERE OK LIKE POLAR EXPRESS AND OTHERS
    ITS NOT AS BAD AS THE LG THATS FOR DAM SURE.
    SO YES DEPENDING ON WICH MODEL YOU HAVE IT MIGHT GOOD BUT THE 226BW IS IS WORST THAN THIS ONE.
    I DON'T MIND IT THAT MUCH, YOU GET DIFFERENT RESULTS ON DIFFERENT INPUTS
    BUT ITS PRETTY GOOD I MEAN IT DISPLAYS GOOD CLEAR TEXT AT ANY RESOLUTION BUT SO DOES MY VIEWSONIC ,IT ALSO SHOWS BETTER CLEARER PICTURE ETC
    IT'S GOOD FOR OFFICE WORKS NOTFOR MULTIMEDIA OR COLOR EDITING AS EVRYONE KNOWS ALREADY ,ITS NOT A GRAPHICS SERIES ,IT LOOKS NICE
    I JUST DONT LIKE TO SEE MY DVD'S BEING DEGRADED THE ADDED COLOR GAMUT IS NOT GOOD ETC ETC ETC THE WORST IS THE XBOX DEGRADING OH MY GOD NO COLOR AT ALL ON AN XBOX WHAT A SHAME THAT THING WAS IN THE GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS WHAT A COLORFUL CONSOLE.I HATE THE PS 2
    SO MANY THINGS TO SAY SO LITTLE TIME ,I SPENT SO MUCH TIME BUT IT'S WORK WORTH DOING
    IT'S THE FUNDEMENTALS ABOUT THE PERSONAL COMPUTER AND THE GAMER IN ME SINCE THE 80'S I PLAYED ARCADES ETC THAT MAKE ME LIKE THIS STUFF I GUESS I ALSO LIKE RETRO STUFF IT IS THE GAMER DEEP DOWN INSIDE OF ME
    THE PART THAT LOVE'S UT2004 AND OTHER GAMES
    ALSO THEIR IS SWEET SPOT ON THIS MONITOR IT'S AT THE SIDE HDMI PORT SO FAR IT SEEMS OK ON THAT INPUT EVEN WHEN PLAYING A 700 MB FILE ON THE SIDE HDMI
    AT 1280 BY 720 IT SEEM TO BE PRETTY SATURATED AS IF ITS OPERATING AS A TV(STILL GOT TESTING TO DO)
    ITS STILL OK IM PRETTY HAPPY ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO BEFORE I THINK THEY HAVE IMPROVED THEIR MONITORS ,IF I FIND OTHER FLAWS ILL LET YALL KNOW AND YES ITS HARD TO SCALE DOWN FROM 1920 TO 640
    NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DISPLAY
    ITS ALRIGHT ,NOT TOO BAD
    I ONLY GOT DEFENSIVE BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE A SERIUOS REVIEW I TRIED HARD EXPLAINING.

I STILL HAVE TO REALLY TEST THIS THING
    LET ME TELL YOU THIS WHEN I LOOK AT MY OTHER MONITORS TV DISPLAYS ETC WHATEVER
    THEY REALLY LOOK MORE SATURATED WICH RESULTS IN BETTER RESOLUTIONS
    AND DEEEPER COLOR A DVD WILL BEAT EVEN A BLU RAY ON MY OTHERS COMPARED TO THIS
    I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT PASSED THE NEMO TEST
    I TESTED IT WITH FINDING NEMO AND ITS ACCEPTABLE PLANET EARTH LOOKED REALLY BAD
    BUT IF PLAY IT ON MY JVC MAN I WILL START CRYING AGAIN IN OTHER WORDS HERE WE GO AGAIN ABOUT HOW BAD THE SAMSUNG REALLY IS
    YOU ARE RIGHT WHEN PLAYING A 50 GIG BLU RAY ITS OK AT THAT POINT BUT NOT BETTER THAN MY JVC NO WAY ON THIS PLANET EARTH EVER AND THATS FINAL
    I ALSO REALIZE THEY USE THAT NATURAL COLOR FEATURE WICH MAKES TREES IN MOVIES REALLY BAD
    THERE IS SOMUCH MORE TO IT YOU REALLY HAVE TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE WHATS BEST FOR YOU
    THIS WASNT FOR ME IM SORRY TO SAY THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD ANYONE TRIES I REALLY MEAN THAT
    ONCE AGAIN GOOD LUCK TO ALL FINDING YOUR DISPLAY
    IF IT AINT MADE IN JAPAN THAN YOU SHOULD STOP RIGHT THERE
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I'm so happy right now.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    When you say you don't understand these symbols do you mean that you don't speak or write in a Romantic language? Or you don't understand the pictures and memes?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I heart this thread:

5wwk61.gif
  • edited August 2009
    i heart this thread:

5wwk61.gif
    there you go again you cant help youself right you just got to be rude over and over again with insults
    AND ALSO YOU ARE INSULTING THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, THOSE ARE CHALLENGED PEOPLE WHO HAVE SAID NOTHING WRONG ABOUT YOU, THAT IS SO RUDE
    YOU SEE HOW RUDE SOMEONE CAN BE TO ANOTHER FOR NO GOOD REASON
    AND NOW YOUR ACTING LIKE A KID SAYING I STARTED IT
    AND SOME PEOPLE AFTERWARDS SAY THAT THEY WERE JUST JOKING YEA SURE BUDDY WHATEVER YOU SAY
    edited August 2009
    Just like to point out though you were rude first... we just took it to the next level.
    edited August 2009
    YOU SEE HOW RUDE SOMEONE CAN BE TO ANOTHER FOR NO GOOD REASON

No... THIS is rude

2dlir6h.gif
  • edited August 2009
    ANY WAY I GOT OFF TO A REAL BAD START AS I READ MY POST I KNOW I AM NOT THAT GIFTED WITH WORDS I DO HAVE PROBLEMS TOO
    YOU ARE RIGHT I DONT HAVE MUCH FORUM EXPERIENCE
    AND HAVE BAD GRAMMER AND IM SORRY ABOUT THAT
    I JUST DONT SEE WHY ALL OF YOU JUST START BASHING PEOPLE BUT,
    I AM SEROIUS ABOUT THE PARRT THAT SAMSUNG IS NOT THAT GOOD ,
    keep going on it will only backfire and make me stronger like hulk
    im a hulk fan
    i hate that stupid iron man
    edited August 2009
    You guys are no challenge never been never will no matter how bad i write
    keep going on it will only backfire and make me stronger like hulk
    im a hulk fan
    i hate that stupid iron man

I love you so much.
    3466o1t.jpg
    edited August 2009
    I'm curious of about three things.

A) Are you schizophrenic/on some serious drugs?
    B) How much longer this thread will last before lock?
    C) How much longer until... banhammer.jpg
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Vizio and Olevia make the best HDTVs. End of discussion.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    your tHE DEVIL, KWITko...
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    banned-1.gif?t=1250393792
    edited August 2009
    I love this thread

This SAMSUNGFAILSAGAIN guy is trying to flex his bent and twisted e-peen. Legendary thread.
    edited August 2009
    trebek.jpg?t=1250394007

Making several posts one after another AND RANDOMly usinG CAPs makes mE cooL, RIght?
    edited August 2009
    My e-peen is this big.

8================================================================D
  • SerpSerp Texas Member
    edited August 2009
    1239346232666.jpg
    edited August 2009
    Serp wrote:
    1239346232666.jpg

Effing win.
    edited August 2009
    advicedog.php?line1=the+internet+mocks+you&line2=go+tell+canada
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2009
    Gate28 wrote:
    advicedog.php?line1=the+internet+mocks+you&line2=go+tell+canada

Psh. The rest of Canada mocks him too.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    MassFacepalm.jpg
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I actually tried for a minute.

Ah well.
  • edited August 2009
    Sorry it was miscommunication on my part the whole time.(there no doubt about that and i do write bad granted)

but i'didnt make fun of god.sure whatever you say.

you guys also seem to make fun jesus too.

i didn't make fun of someone until they started using weird symbols ,foul language and profanity etc...

i wasn't the one making fun of the special olympics you guys were.
    i bet you thought it was real funny too

you guys are always making fun of people.(i know that for a fact that others may have felt the same) i just dont understand your way of communicating you think everyone should write like you(just cause you know how to write better that makes you better or more useful)
    and think like you right?(just cause your so updated on what you do doesnt mean i m not at what i do))
    or because you or write better in english than me.(i can write in 8 languages l.can you do that speak 8 languages.

FRANKLY YOU THINK LIFE IS A JOKE.
    ALSO YOU DON'T HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES EMOTIONS ,THOUGHTS AND BELIEFS OR HOW A PERSON THAT I

what i just said is not negotiable.
    that is the plain truth saying i started it yea sure i did what ever.....
    and later your gonna say we were just joking sure .....whatever you say
    this comment is to all of you here that were rude to me...
    the moderator is not on my side thats for sure so you can make this go the way you want to.

what do you mean by i tried(you were rude right from the start(your mad cause you have 4 samsungs) i was not saying anything to you and here you guys go again.
    just keep going on and on to find out who is doing what.

what about the person who would like to skull fuck me eh that was a really nice comment right.that really helps i guess he is really nice person with those kind of thoughts and expressions.

keep going im just waiting to release my anger at anyone that wants to make fun of another i m used to standing upto alotof people

lets just say that i can comfortably speak this way in the presence of someonelse(in person) but you guys will not be able to.
    that's for dam sure no matter how good you talk or write
    my feelings come from the heart and soul that is always burning deep inside me my races fast with my feelings
    i nkow who i am inside thats all that matters.
    i
    edited August 2009
    i wasn't the one making fun of the special olympics you guys were.
    i bet you thought it was real funny too

Frankly, I don't see much value in explaining this to you, but maybe I'm just an optimist and hoping that something gets through.

The 'Arguing on the Internet' picture is not making fun of the Special Olympics. It's making a correlation between you, the person the comment was directed at, and the participants in the Special Olympics: who, while not exclusively so, tend to generally be what is classified as 'Mentally Retarded', or in more politically correct terms 'Developmentally Disabled'.

But hey, now we're getting into logic and language and other things that really matter in the world. Why would I want to clutter up such a classic thread with such things.

Back to the insults!

internet_serious_business.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    Frankly, I don't see much value in explaining this to you, but maybe I'm just an optimist and hoping that something gets through.

The 'Arguing on the Internet' picture is not making fun of the Special Olympics. It's making a correlation between you, the person the comment was directed at, and the participants in the Special Olympics: who, while not exclusively so, tend to generally be what is classified as 'Mentally Retarded', or in more politically correct terms 'Developmentally Disabled'.

But hey, now we're getting into logic and language and other things that really matter in the world. Why would I want to clutter up such a classic thread with such things.

Back to the insults!

internet_serious_business.jpg
    smart ass you can turn it around go for it turn around the way it suits you best every one wants to hear what they want hear not all people care about your feelings and way of thinking.
    so why did they remove the picyure if it wasn;'t offensive eh you got something to say about
    that to eh
    you got really good order of conversation juggle the words again

let me give you an example
    if the judge is on your side then you win
    edited August 2009
    FRANKLY YOU THINK LIFE IS A JOKE.

Yes, yes we do.
    ALSO YOU DON'T HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES EMOTIONS ,THOUGHTS AND BELIEFS OR HOW A PERSON THAT I

We never made fun of what you believe in, except in retaliation to hostility from you.

Also,

candlejack.jpg
    edited August 2009
    smart ass you can turn it around go for it turn around the way it suits you best every one wants to hear what they want hear not all people care about your feelings and way of thinking.

I'm reasonably confident that less people in here care about what you think than what I think. You've continually proven yourself to be a bastion of inanity and unrelenting entertainment for the rest of us.

But, just so you can be certain:

e8s4tv.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    I'm reasonably confident that less people in here care about what you think than what I think. You've continually proven yourself to be a bastion of inanity and unrelenting entertainment for the rest of us.

But, just so you can be certain:

Will resize and repost this image later. If I care enough.

then why are people comming to this post just ignore it
    why waste your time on a stupid fool like me
    what do get out of it 'i bet you get a kick out of making fun of me right why even ask that,i nkow you do
    but dont you think its a waste your time
    plz keep going im off today and got nothing else to do
    and if im so entertaining then why be so serious about it
    so i guess this all just big joke on me ok no problem
    never the less i still get views for nothing right 250 replies in 2 days over 2 thousand views sure what ever

the next time you put samsung vs toshiba in google
    what will you get eh.
    and who will people choose eh you dummy who's the goof now me or you
    i don't care about what you say i really dont see how you get a kick
    out making someone feel stupid about them self
    i always try to make people feel good about themselves.
    guess im just to honest and too nice.

you are wasting your bandwith and mine
    plz stop making fun of me and talk about the monitors or displays that are at hand ,to keep things professional if you dont care then its ok with me
    but i will defend the thread
This discussion has been closed.