Why id Software's RAGE is going to suck

Comments

• Dan
    edited May 2010
    Haha PP went and started a good old flame war because you PC nerds had to go and acknowledge what was clearly trolling. YOU BOTH LOOK RETARDED HERE. Notice how the article is about Rage, and how it might or might not suck. Then notice what this thread is turning into. My two cents, fuck the engine if it's fun to play im buying it.
  • edited May 2010
    stupid article by an obvious GRAPHICS WHORE nuff said
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    TheGSK wrote:
    stupid article by an obvious GRAPHICS WHORE nuff said

mad cuz bad
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    @Bobby1211 Brilliant.

I'm going to look into a grammar filter for guest comments. :crazy:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    literacy filter?
  • edited May 2010
    i dont think the low res textures have anything to do with RAGE being a console port!. textures are just bitmaps and you can replace them to match X or Y hardware. the problem might be in carmack avoiding using any kind of procedural texturization!. remember that statement?. so if you use low compression bitmaps you should see blurry images because of the Memory constrain making its appearence at full. i would say today standards are pretty high with 512 mb the lowest PC is gonna look twice as any console release, at minimum and topping at 4 times higher memory (2GB) coparisson its out of reach of consoles.
  • edited May 2010
    i think we all are graphic WH0RES!, do you fell like playing Atari 2600 as main game device?. dont think so!.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    trollsu.jpg
    Lincoln wrote:
    @Bobby1211 Brilliant.

I'm going to look into a grammar filter for guest comments. :crazy:

FUND IT
  • edited May 2010
    Doom3 was great.. the story was a game story..the fuck is your problem nerd ..go get some fresh air already.
    LOSER.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    I'd like you to rewrite this review in a year, and from a strictly engine point of view, instead of a game review.

Deal.

I regret that I've been so busy that I haven't been able to read these comments. This is fantastic.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Brilliant, reminds of the IonFizzle days...

~Cyrix
  • edited June 2010
    So I was not the only person that noticed these things. LOL about the static skybox. Maybe they should stick to indoor settings. What worries me is that as you said id doesn't have a reputation for making great games.

If you counted Doom to be a masterpiece simply because of it being the first of its kind, it was simply a technical masterpiece because no one else did anything close to it those days. But today, the situation is very different.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I always question Doom being credited as "the first of it's kind". I mean... Wolfenstein 3D came out a year before Doom and it is basically the same thing... just with Nazis instead of demons (granted id made Wolfenstein too)
  • edited June 2010
    Yea I wish they hadn't gone the exact Fallout route when it comes to the setting. It's that one detail; that the player has survived in an "ark" that earns them a repulsion effect from anyone who's heard about Fallout.

Aside from that detail I'm not worried a lot about Rage copying others. It has it's own niche in a way: a modern sp shooter in this setting. And that's one thing id can make, a good shooter and that's also something I felt the games Rage has been compared to (Fallout 3, Borderlands) didn't really succeed in.

But much remains to be seen. Quakecon's coming up, I'll review my position afterwards.
    edited June 2010
    I regret that I was unable to see RAGE at E3 this week. I tried to get in at Bethesda, but they were overbooked before I even stepped foot in the convention center.

Would have been nice to have return impressions after seeing the game with my own eyes.
  • edited October 2010
    iD Software was soldout from underneath John Carmack by Todd Hollenshead, Todd hollenshead killed the companies SOUL for Profit he bought into the Bethesda InterActive Edutainment Pavillion and Nursing Home the Zenimarxist state of DESTROYING games companies and Pimping games that crash every MINUTE or so (fallout 3 anyone) do you wonder why they named that game FALLOUT for they should have named it SUB-STATION 14 and based it of the CHERNOBYL DISASTER Oh... wait GSC did that didn't they (S.T.A.L.K.E.R) well at least STALKER DIDN'T CRASH EVERY 1 MINUTE and DIDN'T INSTALL PRE-ALPHA .NIT GHERKINWERK and Games for windows NINETY-F@&KING-FIVE DID IT NICE RUSH JOB BETHSOFT THANKS A LOT. AND DLC STINKS WHEN I PAY FOR A GAME I EXPECT IT'S THE FULL VERSION! I Don't like paying $120 for a HALF-COMPLETED game
    edited October 2010
    He mad.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010

.nit gherkinwerk? :wtf:
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    And in the 8th hour, Icrontic had another one word Googlewhack: gherkinwerk

-Digi
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2010
    I ran that post through babble-fish and ironically it translated it into something intelligible. Turns out what he was saying was rather simple and poignant.
    I'm a shiny diamond. Please somebody love me
  • edited July 2011
    I AM AMAZED by how many IDIOTS post here without making any points on why the the author is wrong.

He is right about what he is saying, the settng, the features the story have all been done before to death. I guess its this era of modern war fps and post apocalyptic sandbox games.

I AGREE totally on graphics, look at the well trailer, so mnay blurry objects and it was demoed on a PC!!!!

Proof? E appearing on the screen as a use button, i dont think rage is gonna suck though.

Why?

See, we got fallout 3, great game but shooting was too rpgish, and you spended sooo much time exploring identical dungeons and the main quest did not kept you interesting.

We also got borderlands with its poopy cellshaded graphics and total lack of interesting singleplayer and the entire game being a shooting fest that you level up.

Rage on the other hand has a solid linear main quest with few secondary quests and interesting unique and varied ares to expore. On top of that its a FPS , it has SOLID FPS gunplay and does not feel "meh" due to rpg gameplay, on top of that races with solid driving.

So, "the next big fps" gamers are gonna play this as a fps with solid gameplay and alot of extras rather as a rpg/sanbox mix and instead of playing either a linear fps or a sandbox rpg we play something in the middle.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    dakan45 wrote:
    I AM AMAZED by how many IDIOTS post here without making any points on why the the author is wrong.
    The original article was done over a year ago so a lot of information has come out that wasn't available then.

So yeah, thanks for playing.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    mertesn wrote:
    The original article was done over a year ago so a lot of information has come out that wasn't available then.

So yeah, thanks for playing.

No no. Everything on the internet was written last Thursday.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    No no. Everything on the internet was written last Thursday.

How did they do that? Does it involve gherkinwerk?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    dakan45 wrote:
    poopy cellshaded graphics

I bet you thought Wind Waker was for children and Killer7 was too cartoony. Actually I'd be surprised if you've ever even heard of Killer7.

/me responding to a buttmad guest post? It's more likely than you think.
    edited August 2011
    Also, RAGE still hasn't been released? What are they doing?
    edited August 2011
    Doesn't matter. It's still going to suck.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Why ya ragin' at the ID, Lynxy?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    willsmith_i_aint_even_mad.jpg
    edited August 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Why ya ragin' at the ID, Lynxy?

Read the piece, yo!

I love ID. I think RAGE will blow. They haven't impressed me with early materials.