Minecraft

Comments

• ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Seriously? Compilable code? That's crazy. I'll bet that he hits the loaded chunk barrier far before he gets to that.
  • edited September 2010
    Awesome. I could post an Xzibit Computer in your Computer reference but I won't.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    There needs to be a bender block, give it enough beer-womenz-cigars it will one day grow up to be a full grown bender.

draft_lens2883732module18171392photo_1235793208Bender003.jpg

/pst guess what I am doing tonight.
    edited September 2010
    bender.jpg

benderatdusk.jpg

benderatnight.jpg

Why yes his cigar is glowing. Lava fool.

I first at wool for the teeth and eyes but it disappeared when I fell and died. This is my first bender. I am going to plan out a wood bender and place it out by my current mountain retreat where I am going to finish up my water wall camp.

REMEMBER ME! REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!REMEMBER ME!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I bought in today.

Words can barely do justice to what I experienced. This was some of the most fun I've had playing a game in a very long time - and we didnt' really do anything.

Myrmidon and I got lost in a cave. We found a way to jump outside of the game world and glitch out into nothingness. Thrax built a monument... to himself, complete with hidden tunnel systems. Tiberius constructed a massive castle all to himself that is still a WIP, Spencer saw the completion of his skull/lava flow building side, as well as constructing a building in the sky. Cannon, Tiberius, Thrax and I all worked together to tunnel from one en of the island to the other, below the ocean, all the while taking us roughly one hour to complete.

Simply awesome. I played Minecraft for nine hours straight. The time spent playing the game was longer than my time at work. I can't remember the last time I sat and played a single game for that long.

At one point, our fort was coming along nicely. We had a deck wrapping around the second floor, and three beautiful trees growing in the courtyard. It took but one little misunderstanding between Jimmeh and I to send everything spiraling out of control. See, Jimmeh tried to use flint and set me on fire for revenge. He didn't actually set me on fire, but he did manage to start a fire. As for what happened next.... just take a look:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3vDNT0ddv0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v3vDNT0ddv0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited September 2010
    IT IS MY BASE DIDN'T YOU READ MY SIGN!!!1.

Also your blocks look sad.
    edited September 2010
    What server are ya'll on?
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGkkyKZVzug?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGkkyKZVzug?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Same as 8 posts up ;)
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Same as 8 posts up ;)
    Gah, how did I miss that!

Read this thread half a dozen times trying to work out what on earth I'm supposed to be doing in this game.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    So then for a recap, we learned how to burn trees down, get lost in caves and build computers. What a useful beginner's guide this is.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Honestly, what more do you need than how to burn things?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    how to build things to burn?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    1) Take ash
    2) Make a pile out of ash
    3) Burn it with fire
    4) Repeat
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    LOL.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsRg5N544f0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsRg5N544f0?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    edited September 2010
    hahahaha! That was great. The music really made it.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    If I buy this game, will you guys explain to me what the hell makes it so special?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I will not be so irritating tonight. Promise. I'll even try to learn some things.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    (lies)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    lulz, that amounts to saying light bulbs are the work of god because they talk about light in the bible.
    edited September 2010
    I caved and bought the game. Now how the hell do I play it? Anyone playing right now that wants to play?
    edited September 2010
    I can in about an hour in a half.

How to Play:
    1. Punch Stuff into pieces
    2. Pick up stuff you punched
    3. Put it down some place
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Youtube comment:
    "Quickly let us ride these mechanized beasts towards the human and blow him up!"
    "I do say, good idea!"
    "We almost have him!"
    "He is getting farther away!"
    "Now we are gaining on him"
    "Blast, he got away again!"
    Ect...

Is that you, Lynx? :p
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Soooo, should i buy this game?
    edited September 2010
    When I try to connect to multiplayer, i get a Java error:

Java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset.

Google is no help. WAT DO???
    edited September 2010
    The network socket you are trying to connect to seems not to be allowing the connection.
    edited September 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Youtube comment:

Is that you, Lynx? :p

haha. Just thinking about the creepers talking in proper English makes me LOL.

Gate28, try downloading and playing the executable file. The server has had some issues in the past as well, so don't count out server side problems.

It's hard for us to tell you what to do or why you should play the game. Just know that if you enjoy using your imagination, you will have an absolute blast. The 16 hours of playtime that I've put into Minecraft with other Icrontians has been so much fun. I'm having as much fun now as I do when IC plays TF2. It's hard to say why, if not impossible, but we all love it.

Same goes for you, Magic. If you get it and play with Icrontic, you won't regret it.

Minecraft RULES.
    edited September 2010
    Then we should play. Leik rite nao.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    If you play, you can request the new Minecraft achievement:

minecraft.png

Request it here.