The Official 2010 Secret Santa (or Hanukkah Harry) Present Thread!

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Ardi!! I got it last night, Awesome man awesome, Bananagrams! YEA! The brownies about sent me into a sugar induced coma!

I'm glad you enjoyed... I had a hard time coming up with what to get you... thus part of the reason for how late it arrived.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    So, before I left for CES 2011. My mom called me saying she was sending me a package. When I posted this little guy on DailyBooth I thought it was from my mom. It was actually from my Secret Santa! I wanna say thank you and apologize for the mishap! I really adore this little guy

211634.jpg
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Mine came in the mail last week, but I've been extremely busy moving to my new apartment which is part of why my Sekrit Santa hasn't gotten his yet. Anyway, I received this lovely boutique of Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction, some Neapolitan astronaut ice cream, and a tub of Cyber Clean goop. As I flipped through the book I was struck by how many of the designs I was familiar with...

Thanks Winfrey!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    yay! Now I can stop worrying about if your gift was going to get there or not. Also I expect all designs in that book to be improved upon and used at EPIC this year ;)
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    okay, I am really confused at the moment. I got this in the mail today....I have no idea where it came from....

183110.jpg
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I received part 2 of my present from UPSLynx today!! :) Extremely thoughtful, and I can't wait to sit down and look through it when I'm settled in my new apartment. <3
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    WagsFTW wrote:
    I received part 2 of my present from UPSLynx today!! :) Extremely thoughtful, and I can't wait to sit down and look through it when I'm settled in my new apartment. <3

That's so cool! I'm majorly jealous.
    edited January 2011
    You should come over and look through it with me. ;)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Heart attack averted! That was too close for comfort.
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Yay! I got my present yesterday! Thank you GnomeQueen. I got an awesome mug, three skeins of yarn, circle knitting needles and best of all a hand drawn comic! :)
    edited January 2011
    I mean, we technically still live here until the 31st, but I didn't want the package sitting on the porch when we weren't here. So glad it came today. :) Just in time.
    edited January 2011
    Betsy, that is awesome! Love her explanation for the lateness! :) That Vanna's Choice yarn is so soft...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    All of which could have been avoided if she had sent them out in any of the two weeks prior to her accident :D

epic_troll.png
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    i'm officially mad at my secret santee...

Y U NO POST?
    edited January 2011
    All of which could have been avoided if she had sent them out in any of the two weeks prior to her accident :D

epic_troll.png

I hadn't had a chance to make it at that point!
    edited January 2011
    BetsyD wrote:
    Yay! I got my present yesterday! Thank you GnomeQueen. I got an awesome mug, three skeins of yarn, circle knitting needles and best of all a hand drawn comic! :)

I'm glad you like it! I hope that you're still knitting and stuff, otherwise my present is useless....
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    My comic was better. Also, excuses.
    edited January 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    My comic was better. Also, excuses.

Yup, you know me and my excuses and my highly detailed comics. 0/10 troll.
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad you like it! I hope that you're still knitting and stuff, otherwise my present is useless....

Lol... actually I've only ever learned the basics of knitting, but now that I have a mug to live up to I think I need to step it up a notch :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    To my santa, I no longer live at the address I was at when this started. Contact me and let me know if you shipped my gift out or I can give you my new address if have yet to ship.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Anyone who hasn't gotten a present please PM me (other than magic and lynx).

Anyone who hasn't sent a present...doitnao, srsly.

Anyone who sent a present and it wasn't received, please PM me (other than bobbydigi).
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Finally got back in Scotland to find the other part of Snarky's gift waiting for me:

normal_DSCF0209.JPG

:rockon:
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Nice!

What medium is that Snarky? Tablet magic?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    They were not drawn by me, sadly. Or gladly, for Basil. These are from an artist friend. Figured I couldn't get him any of his actual favorite cars (VAT is a bitch), so I opted for representations instead. :p
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Still waiting for my gift.
    edited January 2011
    This infuriates me. I think that if people fail to send out gifts before Christmas Day, they should be banned from participating next year.

The magic is gone, the fun is ruined for those who participated but never got anything. It's a month later, and some people still haven't gotten their gifts? That's just goddamned rude. It's rude to everybody who participates, and it's rude to Shwaip, who does so much to coordinate this every year.

There are all kinds of excuses as to why things are showing up 2, 3, and 4 weeks late, but in the end what matters is that it doesn't matter. Your secret santee just got plain unlucky by drawing a slacker for a Santa.

It ruins the spirit of the entire event.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    A simple explanation would have gone a long way. Forget it, Drew. You don't need to send me anything. I'm sorry for your loss.
    edited January 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    A simple explanation would have gone a long way. Forget it, Drew. You don't need to send me anything. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Dude, it's cool. I'm just pissed at Brian for his complete lack of understanding. There was no way in hell I was going to let you down. I would've liked to spend a little more time on it, but I'm putting it in the mail tomorrow.
    edited January 2011
    First of all, I wasn't calling you out specifically, Drew, because I didn't know you were Seth's Santa.

Second, as he said, an explanation would have been fantastic.

Third, I'm sorry you had a death in the family, I wasn't aware.

That doesn't change the fact that I feel that way about the secret santa program. If people have big life changes coming up (a move, a new job, etc.) they shouldn't participate if they can help it.

Seriously though, Drew - and I'll forgive you the "fuck you" because we're friends, even though I think that's kind of shitty of you - think about it. IT's JANUARY FUCKING 21ST. How is that not crappy for Seth?
    edited January 2011
    It's really not anyone's business but my family's that my situation is what it is, so forgive me for not previously publicly accounting for the delay. I had hoped that my continued assurance to Seth that I hadn't forgotten about him would've been sufficient but it's entirely understandable that he's getting impatient without something more convincing.

Brian, I guess you'd forgotten, but I had PM'd you about it back in November so I made a bad assumption about your intentions based on that. So yeah, I agree that it sucks for Seth and I don't feel good about it, but the blanket "excuses, excuses" under the circumstances was insulting. I apologize for my language and I'm going to delete that post, but I'm glad that the point of how I felt reading it has gotten across.