Icrontient rail system management

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Where is it?
    edited January 2011
    The Mt. Icrontic stop is almost done. I'm having some problems with the launcher - the rails keep sticking the wrong way, and the launcher goes in the wrong direction. Will work on it when I can find some time.

An outbound rail is laig from Mt. Icrontic all the way to both NW grinders.

Thanks to whoever's been working on the fence, that side of the island is pretty dangerous.
  • edited January 2011
    Where is it?

It's at bedrock at -551, 416. There's a little glass tower outside to make it easier to find.

That being said, there is a tunnel system that includes a tunnel that runs from there all the way east to -14, -333, then south (past a tunnel to Bender's mountatin and skele grinder), then west, starting by Drasnor's ship.

I was thinking of building a station surface level due north of the current north line and putting access ladders to the tunnel that leads to the grinder.

I don't mind undertaking the work to get it there, though I'm not sure I have enough iron to make it (I'll dig for more though), and I need to look at the circuitry in the cart boosters, as I haven't got that part quite figured out.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I think something exploded the IC mountain stop.
    edited January 2011
    *facepalm*

I can't log in to check it out - connection timeout
    edited January 2011
    we are on Ardi's server now, are you using minecraft.ardichoke.info:25565 ?
    edited January 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    we are on Ardi's server now, are you using minecraft.ardichoke.info:25565 ?

:D

...yes. Now I am ;)

I blame old Vent info, which has since been fixed >.>
    edited January 2011

...yes. Now I am ;)

I blame old Vent info, which has since been fixed >.>
    Yep, I edited the vent info and the 1st post of the official thread (right AFTER I asked you this question :D;D )
    edited January 2011
    Mt. Icrontic outbound stop is functioning. It's crazy complicated, but we have our first working non-end-of-line stop.
    edited January 2011
    Mt. Icrontic stop is completed, both directions. Get out to visit Mt. icrontic, stay in the cart and hit the button to continue on in either direction.

Still ironing out some kinks. The delay circuits for both directions are the same, but for some reason the eastbound circuit stays open for 10 seconds or so, when the westbound one stays open for about 2. They're both supposed to stay open for 2-3 seconds.

CAUTION: Taking the West Line beyond Mt. Icrontic stop is into wilderness! (and the line is unfinished, there's no return booster)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I <3 the western road going to the Grinders. Is there anything I can contribute to making it safer? Wood for fences? Torches?

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I <3 the western road going to the Grinders. Is there anything I can contribute to making it safer? Wood for fences? Torches?

-Digi

I tried to keep it as picturesque as possible. I wanted to make it like an 1800's rail line, where there was as little disturbance to the landscape as possible :)

(because that takes effort)

torches, fence, rail, the entire return line... whatever people want to do.

edit: word to the wise. it's really hard to get a lot of work done in the short daytime. But working around the clock out in the wilderness at the end of a rail line is dangerous work - don't carry a lot of stuff. Guess how I know? :)
    edited January 2011
    The West Line extension to the Winfrey/Digi String Grinder is complete!

Now announcing full round-trip service to the String Grinder! (I just need to bring 2 cargo carts with me on my next trip down there... :) )

(will make the feather grinder stop shortly)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    T_T is Credit To Team!

As a reminder folks you can make cloth blocks by crafting 9 string. It's a lot easier to idle in the grinder then to run around hunting down and punching sheep.

-Digi
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited January 2011
    The West Line extension to the Winfrey/Digi String Grinder is complete!

Now announcing full round-trip service to the String Grinder! (I just need to bring 2 cargo carts with me on my next trip down there... :) )

(will make the feather grinder stop shortly)

Just took the rail out to the String Grinder. Just wanted to note that I had to walk after the feather grinder stop, because it seemed like the booster wasn't able to push me past the first turn. Also, it seems like when you arrive at the String Grinder, when you come in, you stop the booster. I might be wrong about that too, though, or it might just be something that happens on occasion. Not like it's too big of a deal, though, it's easy enough to just start back up.

Great job, though!
    edited January 2011
    Feather station is up

I'll check out the errors tomorrow
    edited January 2011
    Feather station needs rework, I'm trying to fix it but ran out of materials.

Went to string station to wait out the night and a creeper was waiting inside - half of it is gone :( oops.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    The IC town departure lane needs work. I noticed the boosters stall when a cart leaves the station.
    edited January 2011
    There's 2 boosters in the back that make the "engine", and there's one booster that acts like a "turbo" to send the launcher cart back into the "engine" at full speed.

Did someone steal the "turbo" cart again? This makes it so the launcher cart doesn't have enough energy to return to the "engine".

Not at home so I can't check.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Apparently so, I only saw 2 carts in the loop. I threw an extra storage cart in the chest at the station because I couldn't figure out how it's supposed to fit in.
    edited January 2011
    yeah, when people are missing a cart they steal the turbo cart because that enables them to use grand central. But it keeps anyone else from being able to use the station without first starting the engine manually... which then dies as soon as they're launched.

I've replaced the turbo cart 2x so far. Someone's a dick.

I'll try to relocate the "engine" closer to the platforms and see if I can eliminate the need for the turbo cart. People don't steal the "engine" carts because that makes Grand Central not work for them. Not sure if I'll be able to do so.

In the meantime, I will kill anyone stealing booster carts. :rarr:;)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    cover the whole thing with obsidian.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Death might be overkill. If we ever get a system in place that allows it, I may just b& people stealing booster carts.
    edited January 2011
    I've spent way too much time mining iron for replacement carts that people are outright stealing due to laziness. Get a majority vote of everyone on the whitelist if you don't like it.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I've spent way too much time mining iron for replacement carts that people are outright stealing due to laziness.

thus why I said I'll probably just b& anyone stealing the booster carts.
  • edited January 2011
    Regarding the turbo cart. A few days back I had a weird glitch. I was restarting the little perpetual motion machine in the back, and I bumped the turbo cart. The cart left the rail, went through the fence, and ended up outside the station. Had to mess around for awhile to get it back where it needed to be (couldn't punch it, had to relog before I could touch it again), but I did get it fixed. It may be possible that a similar glitch happened to someone else and it ate the cart.
    edited January 2011
    I've had things like that happen, they seem to be client-side rendering issues. Because the carts were still on the correct track, etc when I disconnected/reconnected.
    edited February 2011
    Is the west line broken?
    edited February 2011
    Details please
    edited February 2011
    The switch to continue to the grinder seems to be missing, and when I attempted to restart the "engine", an empty cart came up and got stopped on a track, and after pushing it back down, the "engine" died again.