Icrontic Mafia 2 giveaway

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Community
Hey guys. We have a community giveaway for all of you, thanks to a generous Icrontic community member.

We have eight copies of Mafia II to give away to Icrontic community members; we're not advertising this to the rest of the world. We want Icrontians to win.

jmjwkgZckTEB0.png

In order to make this fun, we're having a sort of Icrontic/Short-Media history/trivia scavenger hunt. To enter the contest, you have to answer the eight trivia questions in the survey below. If you answer at least half of them correctly, you'll be entered to win one of eight copies of Mafia II for PC. The winners will receive their copies of Mafia II via Steam key through email, so make sure you put your Icrontic username and correct email address in the survey when it asks.

I'll pick eight winners randomly from qualified entrants on November 14th, 2011 at 5pm EST.

Have fun! Enjoy a bit of Icrontic history, have a laugh, and discover some of our amazing past.

Here's the survey!

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I fully expect Shwaip to win all the copies.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Only the ones that perry, kyle, matt, brian, nicole, farnsworth, and rocky don't win.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    This game is AWESOME. Mafia II really surprised me. It's worth the contest.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I still have 3 copies of Defense Grid: The Awakening that I need to give away.
    I also have a half-life2 and a portal that I'd like to give away.

Can we somehow add them to this contest?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I think I got a max of 5 right.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I think I made the questions too hard. NOBODY has gotten all of them right yet. I'll revise the rules to reflect this.
    edited November 2011
    New rules: You only have to have half of the answers correct.

Man, you people! Where are your Google-fu skills?
    edited November 2011
    what! I'm pretty sure I only missed 1 answer.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I still have 3 copies of Defense Grid: The Awakening that I need to give away.
    I also have a half-life2 and a portal that I'd like to give away.

Can we somehow add them to this contest?

Make people draw you pictures for them. That's always fun.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I entered just to see if I could get them all right without looking anything up. Since Mafia II is a single-player only game, please don't give me a copy if my name comes up, but please do notify me if I got the answers correct.
    edited November 2011
    The trickiest question is "what country hasn't been represented". Almost everyone is getting that wrong.

Hint: There are two Expo/LAN attendees that have lived in, or currently live, in those listed countries. It doesn't necessarily mean they came from those countries right to the event. Only one of those countries has never had a representative at an Icrontic event.
    edited November 2011
    I picked Iceland but that wasn't one of the options.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I hope you aren't counting me for China. :p
    edited November 2011
    hahah someone said DJ Quack wrote the Short-Media song. lulz
    edited November 2011
    New rules: You only have to have half of the answers correct.

Man, you people! Where are your Google-fu skills?

If I missed the folding mascot question I'm going to kick myself.
    Special request: When this is over can you post the answer key? :bigggrin:
    edited November 2011
    The trickiest question is "what country hasn't been represented". Almost everyone is getting that wrong.

Hint: There are two Expo/LAN attendees that have lived in, or currently live, in those listed countries. It doesn't necessarily mean they came from those countries right to the event. Only one of those countries has never had a representative at an Icrontic event.

If I understand correctly, the actual question is:
    "What country has someone not arrived from when attending an Icrontic event?"

This is kind of thing that drove me insane in school.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I think I made the questions too hard. NOBODY has gotten all of them right yet. I'll revise the rules to reflect this.
    I found 4 of the answers after the fact.. I didn't read anything before I started. I wanted to see if I could get the answers based on knowing you guys.. not google.
    edited November 2011
    Same here!

//edit: Dangit I just remembered something about a certain coconut lover who has lived in a certain country that I may have put as my answer to that question. :(
    edited November 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I entered just to see if I could get them all right without looking anything up. Since Mafia II is a single-player only game, please don't give me a copy if my name comes up, but please do notify me if I got the answers correct.

You got three answers wrong.
    edited November 2011
    :( <-sad panda
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The representative country one was tough. I think I know what the answer is now. How many did I get right?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Google aided me on a few. It was fun, but I know I definitely have not been around long enough to just plain know this stuff. Google helped a little. I think I at least qualified. I mean, forum name, email, that's two right!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I didn't know the representative country one or the server names.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I didn't have a clue about any of the questions. Searched the forums for hints.. Anyways, I already own Mafia 2, just wanted to see if I coud get any right answers. It was a fun challenge, there should be more of these, not neccesarily with prizes.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Think I found answers to all but the country one. The answers are there...some require more searching than others.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    All the answers can be found in the depths of IC.
    edited November 2011
    I'm still somewhat shocked I didn't get them all right, even with limited research I thought my memory was better. I've been lurking, but paying attention, for years.

Regardless, anybody who wants to get all of these questions right, and has the time to research, will get them all right.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, the country one had me vexed, as well as the Keebler one. I remembered the Sarcnet bathroom (and it's related thread and SM byte) but still dunno why Matt asked. Brian's answer is the best part of that whole story anyways. Looked it up and it wasn't entirely clear. Still, had fun with the survey.
    edited November 2011
    Bump!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I think I had an unfair advantage on the "server names" question.... but I DON'T CARE (cuz I probably got everything else RONG)