Icrontic Mafia 2 giveaway

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    So did Shwaip win all 8 copies yet?
  • boasistboasist Troy
    edited November 2011
    Why no love for Tim on the song selection?
    <EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/vMUbj5wLWKs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always">
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    1. It sucks
    2. See #1
    3. It's not an Icrontic song
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    1. It sucks
    2. See #1
    3. It's not an Icrontic song

QFT
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    So I'm guessing no winners yet? I guess I'll try random choices then.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    November 14th!
    edited November 2011
    It would be like a late birthday present

/me bats his eyelashes at prime
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    That was a bit harder than I thought it would be. Keebler question stumped me, the Folding one (which surprised me), and the country one. Then again, I only briefly searched around.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Jeebus, I thought I could just breeze in and answer these without Googling, but damn, 6-8 multiple choice answers? This is harder than college.

FINE. I'll study up.

Proposal: we add Icrontic drunken trivia as an Epic event.
    edited November 2011
    take a drink every time you get an answer wrong?
    edited November 2011
    November 14th!
    edited November 2011
    5pm EST
    edited November 2011
    November 14th!
    5pm EST
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Bump, meow. I really want to see who wins and what the answers to the survey are :D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    35 minutes overdue!!! :D
    edited November 2011
    omgomgomg everyone panic.
    edited November 2011
    IT'S BEEN BUSY DAY. I'm working on it :p
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The last guy that complained mysteriously went missing.

concrete-shoes.jpg
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    They should have used hydraulic cement; it cures underwater.
    edited November 2011
    November 14th!
    Sometime after 5pm EST
    edited November 2011
    I clearly made this too difficult, although every answer was available if you searched Icrontic and/or Google.

So, to the answer key:

Why did General Keebler ask if there was a bathroom at Sarcnet HQ back in 2003?

Fifteen of you got it right:

Because he wanted to come to the first Short-Media LAN

But six of you thought he had to pee, two thought he applied for a job at my old company, Sarcnet, and FIVE of you thought he was making a chart of member bathrooms for a prank. This says a lot about Lincoln ;)

The trickiest question, judging by the sheer number of wrong answers:

Which one of these countries has NOT been represented in person at an Icrontic event?

Five of you got it right: South Africa. Three of you said "Sweden", but Marcus (Mackanz) came to visit in 2006. Somebody said "United Kingdom", which boggles my mind and leads me to believe you were just guessing. Here's where it gets tricky; nine of you said China, but Leishi85 is from China and he was at Short-Media LAN 2004. TEN of you said Kenya but Mondi is from Kenya, and he's been to several LANs.

When did Short-Media.com turn back into Icrontic.com?

How could you get this wrong? A simple Google search would tell you this; still, six of you got it wrong, which to me is just sheer laziness.

Which one of these games does Icrontic NOT offer an achievement for?

Again, four of you got this wrong. LAZY. A glance at our achievements page is enough to answer this one.

Who wrote and recorded the "Short-Media Song"?

Strangely, a lot of people said "DJ Quack", which means they just saw the "DJ" and guess that it must be him. Wrong. It's Spinner, derp.

Which one of these has NOT been the name of an Icrontic webserver?

A bit tricky, to be sure, but spending some time with the site search would tell you that the correct answer is, of course, snuffie.icrontic.com. bart was named after deceased Icrontic member Bart Williams, and mortin. and keith. both refer to deceased Icrontic founder Keith "Mortin" Whitsitt.

The folding mascot question was another one that tons of people got wrong. The answer is the Folding Crawfish. Again, methinks you people need to work on your Google-fu.

Three people got the last question wrong, which is just inexcusible. I mean, all you need to do is search for Icrontic Subscriber and it leads you to the answer.

That said, here are the eight winners of the game:
    • Snarkasm
    • Buddy J
    • cliff_forster
    • allenpan
    • Black Hawk
    • KingmanRoss
    • pirateninja
    • basil

Respond here with your acceptance of the prize, and we'll get your codes out to you via email. Congrats!
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Awesome!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    wait, which one did I miss, because I got all the "hard" questions right.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Winfrey wrote:
    wait, which one did I miss, because I got all the "hard" questions right.

"Enter user name" :vimp:
    edited November 2011
    Winfrey, you said "Kenya"
    edited November 2011
    Fixed! How did shwaip not win????
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Winfrey, you said "Kenya"

Son of bitch i put South Africa first and then must have talked myself out of it :mean:

speaking of South Africa, I miss Winga.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    First thing I've won in years. Speaking of which, the last thing I won was at the '08 lan. I hereby accept the prize on behalf of all those that are glad Prime's kids, his dogs and the dishwasher didn't win all the prizes.
    edited November 2011
    Right on!
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    That is incredibly cool! Thank you to prime for the difficult, butt fun! contest and the anonymous member who donated the games.
    I can't tell you how excited I am to play, and how much I enjoy fun little games and trivia like this.
    So much ^5 and <4.