The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    OH GAWD MAKE IT NOOOOOO
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Yep. Nothing like getting emailbombed in the middle of a lecture.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    aaaaaaaaaaaand that's why i disabled email notification and just check Icrontic regularly...
    JokkeBasilJBoogaloo
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    oni_dels said:

aaaaaaaaaaaand that's why i disabled email notification and just check Icrontic regularly...

Because you expect the website to break? :(

-Digi
    oni_dels
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    oni_dels said:

This. :)

oni_dels
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Tushon said:

oni_dels said:

Never not read all the threads. Except ponies. Ignore ponies.
    Pretty much this.

oni_delsJBoogaloo
  • The point count in my profile is off. I can now post links again, but my point count in my profile still says 49.

Not that I care about my points but... shits broke yo.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    oh god timezones
  • Timezones, the bane of every programmers existence. (We never fail to have some new, exciting problem every leap second or DST related time change)
  • I don't know if this was brought up before or not, but is there a reason that private messages show up in your Notifications as well as your Inbox? It seems redundant and you then have to clear the notification by checking it in multiple places.
    oni_dels
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I'm amused that I'm still getting notification emails trickling in for things that happened quite a while back.
    ardichoke said:

I don't know if this was brought up before or not, but is there a reason that private messages show up in your Notifications as well as your Inbox? It seems redundant and you then have to clear the notification by checking it in multiple places.

So that you get a notification when you have a message...?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    midga said:

I'm amused that I'm still getting notification emails trickling in for things that happened quite a while back.

ardichoke said:

I don't know if this was brought up before or not, but is there a reason that private messages show up in your Notifications as well as your Inbox? It seems redundant and you then have to clear the notification by checking it in multiple places.

Except that it's redundant... there is a separate notification for my Inbox right at the top of the page, next to the "Notification" tab, you don't need to ALSO have an entry in the Notification feed. I feel like I'm not explaining this well...
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    ardichoke said:

midga said:

ardichoke said:

Except that it's redundant... there is a separate notification for my Inbox right at the top of the page, next to the "Notification" tab, you don't need to ALSO have an entry in the Notification feed. I feel like I'm not explaining this well...
    Ah, I see. Good point.

-edit-

Would also be cool if, when I viewed where my name was mentioned in a thread, it would remove the notification.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Very minor. When quoting a /me, instead of maintaining the original /me, it changes to the quoter. Example here.
    lulz, I thought that was a "ftfy" scenario.
  • The formatting on the profile page breaks if your browser window is not just the right width.

Too small:

Too big:

Just right:
    Zanthian
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    You know what I'd like? A space in my username.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    BlackHawk said:

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Ahahahahaha
    Huuuuuuuuuuu
    AhhhhhhhhhhHahahaha!

-Digi
  • Mark this bug as "Closed - be careful what you wish for"
    RyderErrorNullTurnip
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Why the space gotta be black?
    GHoosdum
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    shwaip said:

Why the space gotta be black?

Because you're color blind?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

I had space in my user name at one point. It's impossible to tag people @BlackSpaceHawk

BobbyDigi
    IC just randomly redirected me to http://www.javainstall.org/topic/java/download.php?country=NL when I was doing nothing - just sitting on the page. Popup alerted me that my Java was out of date.

I haven't bothered to check if it's legitimate or not (defaulting to no anyway), but figured IC shouldn't just randomly be serving other pages when doing absolutely nothing. Might be an ad provider thing to check into.
    midga
  • loooool.... javainstall.org

Registrant ID:CR147908377
    Registrant Name:James Stern
    Registrant Street1:3709 Taft Ave
    Registrant Street2:
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Alexandria
    Registrant State/Province:Virginia
    Registrant Postal Code:22304
    Registrant Country:US
    Registrant Phone:+1.7038880038
    Registrant Phone Ext.:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext.:
    Registrant Email:James@javainstall.org

Yup... that's TOTALLY LEGIT (notreally).
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @Snarkasm You're sure it's Icrontic that caused the popup?