You Are Cordially Invited... Guildwars 2 Release

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    So, did they clear toons that were on eliminated realms? If so, then someone really did take one of my two favorite names. Otherwise, I missed the "where to transfer" option.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    all toons were wiped.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Grrr... So I rolled up an Asura Engineer and was having great fun shooting things with my pistol. But then I got kicked out and haven't been able to log back in at all in the past hour. Says login servers are unreachable or some shit. Oh well. Off to bed I suppose.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    installing the beta right now.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    one of us one of us
    yeah, you said the same thing about SWTOR XD
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    i'm curious. How far will people get in three days prior to the official launch? Part of me wants to wait until release date for a better deal, since I'm a bit low on funds, having not worked for a bit.

Also, I'll be building a spare PC for this so @teramona can use it for a while, but with the statement that the game is more CPU based, I'm curious whether I need to do a motherboard swap. It's an old Pavilion that I'd had around for a while with an AM2 slot - I think it's got an Athlon 64 X2... bit on the older side. I don't want to take the heat sink off and give it a gander, but I think it's an older Windsor chip - so about 2.0 GHz, maybe a bit under. At the very least I can bring it up to a 5900+, but I'm curious whether I should just get a mobo/cpu combo and swap it out.

Another reason for a mobo swap would be to take care of the RAM - it's still PC6400. Old shit.

Can I get recommendations from someone with a similar setup? I'd be able to get this thing in working order for the cost of a PCIe 2.0 video card, unless I have to do the mobo swap.
    I'll get past level 20 in three days, no problem.
  • Thrax said:

I'll get past level 20 in three days, no problem.

Anybody on the computer question?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    It would be worth trying the faster processor at least. What do you have for a video card?
    Trying a faster processor involves a mobo swap; this thing can only handle up to a 5900+. As for the GFX card - I have yet to buy one. It'll be PCIe 2.0, and that's about it.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    meh, missed free server transfer with life.guess i'll just play today on sorrows furnace
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    A little late but I am in as well! I've tried the Thief class and it was very entertaining.
  • We should play on Blackgate for launch
  • That was the plan but I'm waiting to see what organizations announce going where.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Are there like pre-established MMO orgs or something?
    Hundreds of them.
  • http://www.gw2guilds.org/ GW2 guild database

I'll be running with a guild on Blackgate so it would be awesome if I could be with them and Icrontic
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Nerds.
    TheironhandGarg
  • It`s one of our main choices.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I took the week off, so I can do ridiculous shit like stay up until 9am with you Americans. Looking forward to it.
  • Very exciting. Regardless of where I am at I should have the week off too... Should be ridiculously tiring fun.
    I wish I could take the week off.....
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Playing on a launch day is usually not enjoyable. I might try to log in and see, probably wont start until a few days later.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Just placed my preorder, here's to hoping I'll actually have time to play it I loved GW
    Theironhand
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2012
    I'm going into guild wars 2 blind, I've never played the original guild wars nor any of the Beta weekends, so I can't wait until the 23rd!
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Just so I know is the majority of people playing on the 25th or the 28th?
  • 25th here.
    Theironhand
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    25th bar work.
    Theironhand