You Are Cordially Invited... Guildwars 2 Release

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I definitely got the impression that people were ignoring guild chat. It was good during the first beta weekend, but got progressively worse thereafter. I'm not sure why.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I often just completely missed that stuff was being said with it situated way down in the bottom corner. I'm going to see if it's still an issue this weekend, or if I can move it.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Thrax said:

I definitely got the impression that people were ignoring guild chat. It was good during the first beta weekend, but got progressively worse thereafter. I'm not sure why.

I wasn't even on the same server as the guild the last few BTW because I missed the free world transfers.

• I was ignoring guild chat. A large mix of seeing nothing worth responding to, not noticing the chat box in general, and not having a clue who most of the people were at the time.
  • To rectify this problem, you can make a second window and filter it to only show guild party and tell chat. It helps tremendously.
    Or you can be like me and disable everything but guild and quest.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    Yeah, but then you'd be like Thrax. <3
    WHAT ARE YOU TRYIN' TO SAY
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    That Thrax is a cool guy?
    Stress test in 10 minutes for an hour. All toons have been wiped.. GO GO GO
    Also, a huge patch was just pushed.
    edited August 2012
    They cranked the graphics up with this stress test and both @Thrax's and my video cards crawled on ultra settings.

Gon be gud!
    SSAA+FXAA!

/me came.
  • Thrax said:

Or you can be like me and disable everything but guild and quest.

I don't think this would have addressed any of my reasonings for ignoring the chat. Why? Because I done did that.

Also, let me streamline that list: 1) nothing said worth responding to
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    fatcat said:

They cranked the graphics up with this stress test and both @Thrax's and my video cards crawled on ultra settings.

Gon be gud!

Oh my ...
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2012

Also, let me streamline that list: 1) nothing said worth responding to

That's a pretty dick thing to say when most of guild chat that I saw was along the lines of: "Is anyone else online? Is there anyone interested in running hearts together? I'm having trouble staying alive, any pointers?" Mad props to @Thrax and @SpencerForHire for being the only people I ever saw provide advice for the third question. Even saying a simple "No, I'd prefer to solo right now" or "No, I'm PvPing" would've at least been polite.
  • Yes, I do believe our guild name is going to be glorious... (Tis a secret to everyone).
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2012

Yes, I do believe our guild name is going to be glorious... (Tis a secret to everyone).

Pst, everyone has heard of Icrontic.
    fatcatCBTheironhand
    MAGIC said:

Yes, I do believe our guild name is going to be glorious... (Tis a secret to everyone).

Pst, everyone has heard of Icrontic.
  • drasnor said:

That's a pretty dick thing to say when most of guild chat that I saw was along the lines of: "Is anyone else online? Is there anyone interested in running hearts together? I'm having trouble staying alive, any pointers?" Mad props to @Thrax and @SpencerForHire for being the only people I ever saw provide advice for the third question. Even saying a simple "No, I'd prefer to solo right now" or "No, I'm PvPing" would've at least been polite.

Yup. I am pretty much worse than Hitler. :p
    drasnorThraxSoda
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    What time will the server be live on saturday?
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Zanthian said:

What time will the server be live on saturday?

I think It's 2 AM when all the servers go live. and the game gets released for Pre-orders.
  • They have said things may begin to come online starting up to 3 hours early. The officially stated time is 3am EST.

For reference there is a countdown here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/
    ZanthianTheironhand
    My plans for it is, play from 2 hours at night, then go to sleep for 4 hours, wake up and play through the 25th-26th all day and night.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    I’m debating whether or not I will get up at 2 am to play this. I really like sleep, but I also really like gaming.
  • Be a man. Do the right thing.
    "Officially" 00:00 PST 2012-8-25

ArenaNet has mentioned they "may" turn on servers as much as 3 hours earlier.

Take it how you want.
    My body is ready

After watching that video, I've came to an conclusion, WHO NEED'S SLEEP ANYWAYS?!?!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

After watching that video, I've came to an conclusion, WHO NEED'S SLEEP ANYWAYS?!?!

This is something I find myself saying when I have to work in an hour but find myself reading comics anyways.