Mann vs Machine Match Planning

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    Ok. Let's do this. Anybody up for another attempt at a run tonight?

1. primesuspect
    2. Koreish
    3. Signal
    4. BobbyDigi
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    boom
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Meh, what the hell. I'm in.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I wouldn't be me if I wasn't

-Digi
  • but ponies

butt ponies

Yup, Butt Ponies

-Digi
    Brutal. Just absolutely brutal. I am beginning to despair.

I started at 930 CST and ended at 430CST and I still walked away a failure. We did manage to get to Wave 5/7 but the Rapid Fire Soldier did me in. I have however learned that the Heavy's Rage upgrade is completely worthless and $1050 sink.
  • Well, we passed it. Now sleep.
    Fuck... fucking fuck you guys beat it? Goddamnit.

Well, we passed it. Now sleep.

Shit, verified he has the diamond badge so he got a win at some point. Well done sir.

Did another Engi step up or did you just get more DPS? I honestly felt useless as Engi on most of those waves.

-Digi
    I feel conflicted about Spy on Expert. I KNOW that we need a cash class because goddamn, who else can get that done other than a front-line class that can stay alive for longer than five seconds. I KNOW the max sapper is super useful, and I KNOW that backstabbing medics is essential for certain waves. That said, the spy puts out pretty shit DPS, even with max armor penetration, and I felt useless on certain waves (four tanks? lol stab stab)... I just don't know. I feel like spy or scout is necessary but man... it was just brutal last night.
    Bobby, I still feel like Engie is max useful on Expert, but I think the front-line strategy that works in Medium doesn't work so well in Expert. I saw your sentry go down like butter under a hot knife from any giant robot. I think having the sentry at the point for rear clean-up is probably the best. You did your best work when your stuff was at the bomb hole.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

You did your best work when your stuff was at the bomb hole.

#twss

• Last night was crazy. Some guy came on and tried to vote kick me because I was using the black box. He told me I didn't know what I was doing, and that he has 6 tours blablabla. I got uber defensive about it. I was exhausted and relatively intoxicated. That guy later left. 30 minutes after @Koreish left we won. It's all cloudy to me, but I swear I was kicking ass. I just got on a streak and got way lucky with some crits. Round 7 was easy compared to round 6, I think there were 6 tanks but at that point I had fully upgraded the damage on the black box and had tons of crit canteens.

Honestly, I don't remember what classes were playing but I'm relatively certain we had two soldiers at the end pounding on the tanks. The thing that pushed us over the edge was some guy who came in named Sir Derpsalot. He just dominated, I can't remember what class he was.
    When I left we had a Demo, Engi, Soldier, Scout, Pyro, Heavy, and another Soldier I think; I can't really remember the sixth class. I was probably holding the team back the most since I had invested in the Heavy rage instead of Bullet Penetration, and I was still running Natascha instead of Brass Beast. I thought bullet penetration allowed you to shoot through enemies and hit others behind it but what it actually does is negate a level of the bots' bullet resist.

The engi that we had was really good we was moving his sentry constantly he made sure he was aware of where the wave was and where our stopping point was. Lescuoraci continued to dominate as Pyro I don't know how he was airblasting the Giants so well but damn he put in a lot of work.

I know the spy is good but I think the scout is better since they can pick up money from twice as far away and also get overhealed from it. Our Scout would run in and collect the money as a cluster of guys died collect the money and get out. He didn't participate in the fighting much tbh but it was working out. The one thing he did do however was use the uber canteen to run in and mark giants with his Fan-of-War.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Bobby, I still feel like Engie is max useful on Expert, but I think the front-line strategy that works in Medium doesn't work so well in Expert. I saw your sentry go down like butter under a hot knife from any giant robot. I think having the sentry at the point for rear clean-up is probably the best. You did your best work when your stuff was at the bomb hole.

I think the Engineer is almost a required class, and I agree the sentry cannot be placed on the front. Mid or rear is probably best to mop up the bots that get through the line. I'm going to stay out of Expert mode for a while. Too big of a time commitment.

However, my roommate and I have both had crappy weeks and are going to get some beer and (attempt to) play through a tour of Easy mode. Starting around 8:30 or 9:00 CST. Anyone interested?

I'll do an easy map, sure.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Samesies
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    beep boop brb
    Canti said:

beep boop brb

*Turns on Canti translator*

"I might be down for a bit of sporting after I get back from the polo game. I expect it to be a quite a fine match up, but my pounds are on Brighton taking it all. Then, I'll have a few cigars and some brandy, and meet you chaps up for a round."
    Tushonprimesuspect
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    The trouble with Brighton is, they always try to walk it in.
    Tushon
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I don't remember being so British.
    Tushon
    In magic Jackieland all men are British and never wear shirts, unless they are wearing a crisp three piece suit.
    CantiTeramona
    Trust me on this, you want British Brian to wear a shirt.
    All men also have six packs and really nice arm muscles.
    And they are constantly rescuing kittens from trees.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    I'm already part British, and I'd definitely enjoy becoming more British. I had two coffees instead tea today and I regretted it. Good thing I came prepared with British money.

edited October 2012
    DIGI'S HEROES

I want to beat an "expert" mission damn it! I've tried PUGs to no avail. I might get with 1-2 other good players but you need all 6. I'm done with the rage quitting and not getting through the mission fast enough so people have to leave.

So here is what I am looking for: A group to start ASAP, All work together. Communicate, and be better than average level at one of the following class specific tasks:

Engi - {BobbyDigi} Keep the buildings up
    Soldier - {PirateNinja} Lots of damage, stay alive
    Demo - Snap Damage, specifically uber medics
    Scout - {Primesuspect} Dat Milk, Dat Fan, Dat Money
    Heavy - {Koreish} Constant Damage
    Pyro - Juggle giants, send back bomb carriers as often as possible

That is what I think it takes, If this can come together, excellent. If not, I would rather trade for the next 8 hours and play some other time when I can.

Along with my Surplus Voucher, I am offering a free hat to each of the five that step up for this and succeed.

Do you have what it takes to be one of Digi's Heroes?

-Digi
  • I'll be your soldier if you will have me oh captain my captain.