Mann vs Machine Match Planning

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I'll be your soldier if you will have me oh captain my captain.

10-4 Maggot!

-Digi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I am becoming increasingly convinced that I might actually be best as a scout in MvM. The damage output of the fully upgraded Soda Popper is insane, and dat moneyball is essential for Expert mode, as we know. You can count me in as your scoot.
    Speaking of which, does anyone want to do a normal mode practice run so I can master my scootwork? :D
    I could go for some screwin' around

-Digi
    Yes, I am confident that scout is my role for expert runs. Fan milk soda poppin scootaloo
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I could be your heavy, maybe pyro. I have a much better feel for what upgrades and when I need them as heavy. I'm not as confident about pyro but if you're really hurting for one I could give it a try.
    Scout and Heavy. I believe Brass Beast is clutch.

-Digi
    edited October 2012
    Tonight, 11pm with UPSLynx. For fun.

1. Primesuspect
    2. UPSLynx
    3. CB
    4. Koreish
    5. Bright
    6. Ilriyas

I'll get it going in a minute.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    sure
    I can play for fun tonight.

As for Expert I'm available from 16:00 CST Thursday until 00:00 CST Sunday at almost anytime.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    I will play as long as it's free.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I can play
    So I discovered that the Engineer's Pistol is incredibly powerful tonight. With out it's damage or fire rate being upped it was matching the sentry's damage output. Obviously it isn't as constant and the rockets add a bit more DPS but I was surprised. I think I might experiment with sentry and pistol combo's in the future.
    Get you a Wrangler, son.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    It looks like the Scream Fortress update this year is a MvM map. Any takers early this evening?
    edited October 2012

Beware it's a 25min vid.

I'm posting this here for a couple of reasons. One: it's one of the Expert modes for Scream Fortress. Two: It showcases how an expert run is played well and very efficiently.

Somethings I learned from this vid:
    That medic was putting in work. Serious fucking work. If you notice he is in the thick of things getting charge off the Ubersaw. This leads me to believe that he put money into his resists so that he could run in fill his charge then uber one of the damage dealing classes.

The Buff banner was clutch at holding off that wave of tanks that got very close. While it isn't as effective as the medic's kritzkrieg it was a nice way for their team to add damage while the medic was ubersawing his heart out. Other than @PirateNinja I don't think we've had a soldier at least not on Expert. I haven't seen him use Buff banner either so it might be something to try in the future.

Point one leads me to believe that resists and movement speed might be more important that upgrading primary weapons; at least for classes like pyro, scout, and medic that need to be in the thick of things. Yeah it's nice to do more damage but if the bots are killing you in one to two shots you're not on the field long enough to be doing that damage you've invested in.

The engie is leaving his sentry constantly. Whether to help add damage with his shotgun or pistol or to move forward and drop dispensers near teammates so they don't have to leave the fray.

I'm not sure on this one so @BobbyDigi can confirm this one for me. The Pyros melee weapon is the new weapon that does 100% building damage we only see the pyro take it out once but when he does he manhandles the heavies. Since the sapper works on bots I see no reason why the 100% building damage wouldn't work on them in a similar way.

When those tanks come the pyro is constantly moving around the tank making sure he is lighting everything he humanly can on fire while still focusing on the tank. If you pay close attention you'll notice the heavy's bullets and soldier rockets are alternating sides too. The players are keeping an eye on as much of the battlefield as possible. One of the problems we have as Brian has pointed out is we get pretty focused on the tank and will let other bots by.

Except for the time the three tanks almost hit the drop zone it at least one person was at the front lines. The Pyro does this several times and I believe the heavy does it once as well from what is seen in video. That one person also seemed to be single handedly holding the line as well. Granted these are incredibly skilled players but I see no reason why those of us hunting for Expert glory can't do this as well.

There are more points that I didn't cover but these are all I think pretty simple things we can change for our expert runs that can make it so very much easier to final complete and Expert run. For those of you in the hunt for Diamond Bot Killing glory please, watch the video and add some of you're own thoughts as well.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    I'm up for any MvMing if it doesn't cost tickets, and would love to try the new MvM map.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited October 2012
    I was playing the Halloween themed map .... it's only one wave, but oh my god.
    There is a HUGE surprise about half way through the wave. I'll just say your "team" multiplies by a fairly large number.
    it's really fun actually and I do recommend you join one sometime. Also start it early like the expert modes this will take awhile.
    edited October 2012
    Anyone down for some Scream Fortress MvM tonight?

*FULL*

1. Digi
    2. trooster89
    3. PirateNinja
    4. DocFrazier
    5. RahnalH102
    6. bright

-Digi
    Yes!
  • I'm in
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    So In
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    In
    what time bobby?
    Well it is a higher dificulty mission, they label it as "Nightmare" in-game so we should probably start early. I think we should be able to start as early as 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern if that works out for everyone.

If we need to push it back, I can switch around some things to do before hand and be available at 7:30 Pacific / 10:30 Eastern.

-Digi
  • brightbright Icrontian
    In if it's free scream fortress mvm.
    edited October 2012
    bright said:

In if it's free scream fortress mvm.

It is (there is no Mann Up mode for the Event map), so we have our 6.

I tried to get on some public servers running the mission yesterday and was sent to a server that times out 17 times out of 18 and then if we failed once the mission would change. Be prepared to play Lobby for a while.

-Digi
    Any way we could load up the regular IC server with it now that League 2 has ended?
    8 central, roger that.
    I mentioned it in my post earlier. I highly recommend starting early with it so you can learn each segment of the SINGLE wave. I didn't count the Zombie bot numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if their number matches the wave number (666)