SimCity

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    d3k0y said:

Tushon said:

Any reason you didn't build on the existing IC region that has 5 or 6 slots still open? Lack of invite due to not being Origin friends with one of us?

What server is it on? The only server we were finally able to get this working on was one of the Europe West ones.
    I am on NA East 1 in Icrontic Woods. I think that is where most of us are ATM.

I am currently attempting to be an oil baron and I am not sure how successful I am because it seems to be going really slow, and my city smells like butt apparently. I however just started the first Great Works, the Arcology. But stupidly of me I realize I am the only one in the region that actually connect to it ATM. When built it will benefit everyone, but I don't have any help until someone else joins in. But then again it has to actually be approved and the servers keep dropping.

Is there an easy way to coordinate the city hall upgrades? I believe they all provide regional benefits, so it would be nice to ensure that we have all of them available.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    As far as I can tell we have every upgrade possible for the city hall. I know I personally got Utility, and Transportation. I can however build anything so I am sure across all of us, everything is unlocked.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Lincoln said:
    IGN wrote a semi-negative article? That's fairly shocking.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    No matter how hard I try, I cannot join the game that I clearly have an invite for.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

No matter how hard I try, I cannot join the game that I clearly have an invite for.

Hmm, maybe we just need to "reinvite" you? I can do this in about an hour and see.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Treating paying customers as potential thieves is a good way to run a business right?
    JBoogaloo
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Installed it and went through the tutorial. I'll probably just mess around with it tonight. Jboogaloo on origin for adds.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    I
    Lincoln said:

http://www.gamechup.com/ea-refuses-to-refund-user-for-simcity-threatens-account-ban/

Customer: "I'd like a refund since I can't play the game I bought"
    EA: "No, and we'll ban your entire account if you do a chargeback"

FWIW, Steam/any online e-tailer for downloadable games can theoretically do the same. It's a shame that this is the stance the digital distribution system has taken.

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Canti said:

Treating paying customers as potential thieves is a good way to run a business right?

I dunno, seems to work for airlines. Until you've passed that scanner, and approved for boarding, you're a terrorist in their eyes.

• NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    Not sure if real, but I did find this:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/03/09/ea-simcity-free-game/1974865/

Lulz and nerdrage aside, I'm still sorry to see this happen to a title with alot of promise of a series that has been dear to me.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    The game is actually very enjoyable if the servers are up and running.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Not sure if real, but I did find this:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/03/09/ea-simcity-free-game/1974865/

Lulz and nerdrage aside, I'm still sorry to see this happen to a title with alot of promise of a series that has been dear to me.

Yeps:

Here’s a quick update on the problems we were experiencing with SimCity – and a little something extra for people who bought the game.

The server issues which began at launch have improved significantly as we added more capacity. But some people are still experiencing response and stability problems that we’re working fast to address.

So what went wrong? The short answer is: a lot more people logged on than we expected. More people played and played in ways we never saw in the beta.

OK, we agree, that was dumb, but we are committed to fixing it. In the last 48 hours we increased server capacity by 120 percent. It’s working – the number of people who have gotten in and built cities has improved dramatically. The number of disrupted experiences has dropped by roughly 80 percent.

So we’re close to fixed, but not quite there. I’m hoping to post another update this weekend to let everyone know that the launch issues are behind us.

Something Special for Your Trouble

The good news is that SimCity is a solid hit in all major markets. The consensus among critics and players is that this is fundamentally a great game. But this SimCity is made to be played online, and if you can’t get a stable connection, you’re NOT having a good experience. So we’re not going to rest until we’ve fixed the remaining server issues.

And to get us back in your good graces, we’re going to offer you a free PC download game from the EA portfolio. On March 18, SimCity players who have activated their game will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free game.

I know that’s a little contrived – kind of like buying a present for a friend after you did something crummy. But we feel bad about what happened. We’re hoping you won’t stay mad and that we’ll be friends again when SimCity is running at 100 percent.

SimCity is a GREAT game and the people who made it are incredibly proud. Hang in there – we’ll be providing more updates throughout the weekend.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I took the plunge and picked it up this evening. Hopefully its still not a shit storm to play
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I was able to get in and play today, no problem.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    Nice cities guys. @midga Streets are pretty ready for a density upgrade.

edit: actually I can't be sure, maybe those streets are dense and the residents just don't feel like building denser.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Nuclear power plants. Don't use them.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2013

Nuclear power plants. Don't use them.

COAL POWER FOREVER.

(sponsored by the Pennsylvania Coal Energy Association)
    shwaipUPSLynxRahnalH102
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    So, the AI in this game... it's kinda shit.
    edited March 2013
    So what region is everyone playing on anyways? Add me on origin (it's JudahSavahna88)
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Origin id Ilriyas
    @Ilriyas ID not found. @MrTRiot I can invite you to the IC region right now if you accept my friend request. Server is North America East 1.
    ah try Pvt_Gamey, display name is Ilriyas
    @EMT I never got a request from you
    Maybe something is broken. Try adding me, my Origin is strotlog.
    We need some TVs for our Arcology if anyone is planning on going into Electronics.
    I added both Ilriyas and MrTRiot. You have to open up the Origin overlay and add them to friends that way. Then open friends in SimCity and invite them to the region.

PS. Origin is tirreeb
    edited March 2013
    What server are we on again? If the server isn't completely full I'll join up and go for electronics
    Ilriyas said:

What server are we on again? If the server isn't completely full I'll join up and go for electronics

NA East 1. I think we have at least 2, maybe three spots open. I claimed two cities because my first one is being hateful. I can give up the 2nd however if we fill up.