SimCity

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    I'm on the US East 1 server. I was finally able to launch the game but that's as far as I have gotten. I am going to try and make a region called "Icrontic 3" seeing as so many of us are trying. Origin name is Onorous. I have no life so as soon as I get a region up I'll let everyone know :(
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    https://help.ea.com/article/why-cant-i-connect-to-simcity

Apparently they're working on the issue.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Buying tonight. Will probably try to figure out the game for a night, then I'll be up for something.
    So, I can't tell...if it fails to connect to a server after it's authenticated and you're in the main game menu, does it retry, or do you have to restart the game, or what? This is really bad about letting you know what's going on, or if it's even doing anything. It makes me feel like I'm playing a Mac, and that bothers me...
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    midga said:

So, I can't tell...if it fails to connect to a server after it's authenticated and you're in the main game menu, does it retry, or do you have to restart the game, or what? This is really bad about letting you know what's going on, or if it's even doing anything. It makes me feel like I'm playing a Mac, and that bothers me...

I seem to just get random Unable to connect messages. Or a message after I switch from Join a game to Create a game.

I haven't been able to get past the Play/SimCity World menu, except long enough to play the tutorial. Had to try loading that a good half-dozen times, too. Oh well, I knew this was going on, so I'll just keep trying. I've added most familiar names in peoples' lists, so if you see hippi3j00, it's not some random asshole, it's the asshole you already know. :)
    SonorousZanthian
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Yeah i am sure this will settle down after a bit. I was finally able to get 1 hour of gaming in.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Oh right. I'm not CB on Origin. CB is too short and CBDroege was already taken (by me I'm sure, but I couldn't get to it), so I'm Manawaker on Origin.
    @Zanthian Which server?
    @CB Request sent
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I sent everyone a request that posted their name so far.
    https://twitter.com/simcity

Good stuff here. Finally got in after deleting my user files as instructed. I have a region, will invite anyone on my list.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    midga said:

@Zanthian Which server?
    @CB Request sent

I started a private zone on North America East 2. I would still be up for a group zone though.

edited March 2013
    I almost got to log in yesterday... almost...
    @d3k0y @Tushon @Sonorous You have invites to Icrontic Woods on NAE1. I hope. It says you were invited, anyway. There's a few others on my friends list that were not listed as invite options. I'll check back again later today.

Once I learned to clear the user cache, I've been getting in a lot (relatively) easier (read: at all).

Observations:
    -city grid seems small
    -enough of the complicated mess happens on its own that I don't have to micromanage crap
    -curved roads are pretty (pretty DUMB) and difficult to place things on well and in a manner that allows for expansion (I think it'll just take more experimentation)
    -plop points are weird and you (I) have little idea of how to space things to allow growth because no grids
    -not having other cities in a region is a pretty sizable detriment
    -Sim language must be fun to voice-act in
    From what I saw on the streams I kind of gathered at the first point. The region sizes may be roughly the same as the middle size of SC4, the buildings all appear to be a lot bigger leading to a lot less space overall.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    One of the parents at my school works for EA Games so they're hooking me up with a copy. I should have mine by this weekend.
    mertesn
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    The core gameplay looks absolutely tits, but damn. Going to wait till it gets cheaper and more stable, just hope you cats are still playing when that happens. :)

Also, post some funny screen caps already!
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I would love it so much if this were real.
    RyderUPSLynxRahnalH102
    Submitted a refund request through Gamefly, here is hoping for the best.
  • Screenshots from my first region: http://imgur.com/a/fKR1y

@cannonfodder and I were able to start up a new region last night AND send an invite to play in that region. We've got a couple cities started that are going pretty well. More screenies later.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Screenshots from my first region: http://imgur.com/a/fKR1y

@cannonfodder and I were able to start up a new region last night AND send an invite to play in that region. We've got a couple cities started that are going pretty well. More screenies later.

Any reason you didn't build on the existing IC region that has 5 or 6 slots still open? Lack of invite due to not being Origin friends with one of us?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    d3k0y said:
    Over your head.
    TiberiusLazarus
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Kwitko said:

d3k0y said:
    Over your head.
    Or was it?
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    Tushon said:

Any reason you didn't build on the existing IC region that has 5 or 6 slots still open? Lack of invite due to not being Origin friends with one of us?

What server is it on? The only server we were finally able to get this working on was one of the Europe West ones.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    http://www.gamechup.com/ea-refuses-to-refund-user-for-simcity-threatens-account-ban/

Customer: "I'd like a refund since I can't play the game I bought"
    EA: "No, and we'll ban your entire account if you do a chargeback"

Tushon said:

What server is it on? The only server we were finally able to get this working on was one of the Europe West ones.
    I am on NA East 1 in Icrontic Woods. I think that is where most of us are ATM.

I am currently attempting to be an oil baron and I am not sure how successful I am because it seems to be going really slow, and my city smells like butt apparently. I however just started the first Great Works, the Arcology. But stupidly of me I realize I am the only one in the region that actually connect to it ATM. When built it will benefit everyone, but I don't have any help until someone else joins in. But then again it has to actually be approved and the servers keep dropping.

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited March 2013
    Lincoln said:

http://www.gamechup.com/ea-refuses-to-refund-user-for-simcity-threatens-account-ban/

Customer: "I'd like a refund since I can't play the game I bought"
    EA: "No, and we'll ban your entire account if you do a chargeback"

Any proof that is real? EA is denying that screen is real and there is substantial evidence they are issuing refunds to those who request them.
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/simcity/simcity-launch-hobbled-server-strain-ea-offering-refunds

Melissa hasn't had one problem playing at all the last two days.

Edit: I think I was wrong, there is not substantial evidence that EA is giving refunds, but they did publicly say they would and I have a lot of doubts about this chat log that is going around.

Edit edit:
    The community manager that said they would offer refunds edited his post and removed that statement. OK, I fold. EA sucks.