Ongoing changes to Icrontic in 2015

LincLinc BardDetroit
edited July 2015 in Community

Just a place for me to log what we're doin' around here this year.

Comments

• LincLinc Bard Detroit

New Feature: Added Promoted Content module in the banner. This selects the most recent 2 discussions that have received 5+ Awesomesauces or a Bompz from an Icrontic curator.

This isn't the final placement or style for this; suggestions for tweaks welcome. Basically I am working out the kinks of the new Promoted Content module in anticipation of the new layout; lots of bugs in it.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX

The post title being secondary to the poster's username came off odd to me. Inconsistent to the layout in the discussions list. Currently the post title actually doesn't look alike a link at all.

I like the idea of the feature though.

-Digi

primesuspectmidgaRahnalH102Garg
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit

@BobbyDigi said:
    The post title being secondary to the poster's username came off odd to me. Inconsistent to the layout in the discussions list. Currently the post title actually doesn't look alike a link at all.

Done.

• LincLinc Bard Detroit
    edited February 2015

Improved: The "What's happening" will now order itself by the time it crossed the points threshold, rather than the time the discussion was created. This will allow a more orderly progression, and allow older content to join the list later.

Garg
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    edited August 2015

Completed: Artwork assets commissioned for a new theme (Icrontic XV).

Specified: How shwaipbot v2 will work under the hood (the framework for it will be named "Bot"; our implementation will remain "shwaipbot").

Specified: How cron (timed events) will be implemented via custom Vanilla plugin on Icrontic.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff

!beer @Linc

• IvanIvan

slides @Linc a fine beer from the Icrontic cellar.

slides @Linc a fine beer from the Icrontic cellar.

Garg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI

Vaniila cron tic

ZanthianGargGHoosdumStraight_Man
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit

Yo @Ivan, !beerme.

• IvanIvan

slides @Linc a beer.

slides @Linc a beer.

• LincLinc Bard Detroit

Someone has a new trick they want to show off.

ahem.

sup @Ivan?

RahnalH102
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI
    edited August 2015

#humblebrag

• edited August 2015

shave and a hair cut

UPSLynx
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    edited August 2015

I change the event name from shaveAndHaircut to shave without updating the config and of course that's the one this smartass tries right after I said I didn't break it. Well guess what @Ivan is gonna have a different opinion about it when you 'shave and a hair cut' him from now on, @PirateNinja. :pirate:

PirateNinjaStraight_ManRyderGHoosdum
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit
    • Created a bunch of open source repositories for upcoming changes and moved existing "stubs" of plugins into them from the main Icrontic one.
    • Stubbed out some code for Tock (scheduled tasks).
    • Wrote some docs for shwaipbot.
    • Added another image reply to shwaipbot (@Ivan)
    • Wrote a very rough v1 of "rep", which so far is simply a user leaderboard to track activity levels in a community for admins.
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit

@ivan show me ur game face

RahnalH102
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit

Created a new plugin that lets you theme a forum homepage with a different master template than the rest of the site. Required patching Vanilla because apparently plugins couldn't do that before. :D

@Ivan also appears in the Who's Online section now for ~15 minutes after someone triggers him.

BobbyDigiportzebietrooster89Garg
  • Is Ivan smarter than Siri?

HumerusMeg
  • LincLinc Bard Detroit

This profile URL format now works: icrontic.com/@linc

It will be the default once I work out the conflict with our old WordPress integration that's stopping me from doing it yet. #itscomplicated

• shave and a hair cut

:D

• @Linc said:
    This profile URL format now works: icrontic.com/@linc

It will be the default once I work out the conflict with our old WordPress integration that's stopping me from doing it yet. #itscomplicated

Could it be a .htaccess file issue? I always had trouble with that one when changing my permalink structure in WP.

• LincLinc Bard Detroit

@GHoosdum said:
    Could it be a .htaccess file issue? I always had trouble with that one when changing my permalink structure in WP.

No, it's very specific and Vanilla-related. The function that creates the user URL is already being overridden by Glue, the WP/Vanilla integration I made, so I can't override it again in this quick plugin I wrote to do this. Hoping to ditch Glue soon and/or get us onto a universal theme (same for desktop + mobile) so I can override it at that level.

Wasn't Glue just keeping Wordpress and the forums in sync? Given that we don't have a front page anymore (as far as I know)... why is Glue still in place at all? Was there more than just the integration?