Come play SWTOR with us!

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Or ask! Or sit there for a bit and analyze your skill tree. The tree you choose buffs certain things and omits other things; how everything interplays really does help inform your rotation.

fatcat

Makeb weeklies are getting removed in 4.0:

We wanted to pass on a heads up about some Achievements which will be coming out of the game with Game Update 4.0.
    Category: Citizens of Makeb
    Mass Exodus
    Hero of the Citizens of Makeb
    Making the Connection
    Category: Makeb Imperial Forces
    Contain and Control
    Hero of the Makeb Imperial Forces
    Well Connected
    All players who complete Making the Connection and/or Well Connected achievements before they are removed will be receiving a Makeb Gazebo decoration in the mail around the time Game Update 4.0 launches. If you don’t have those achievements but you are looking to get them before they are retired, now is the time! We’ll see you all on Makeb.

We should do them before they're gone and get some decos!

fatcat

PS: requires two weekly resets, or to do them on multiple chars.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

PAX Prime cantina code!

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/2kwa46

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:

We should do them before they're gone and get some decos!

We're in!

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3065b4
    Another Pax Prime Code

edited August 2015

Non-spoiler summary of changes coming with KotFE (4.0)

• Primary stats (Strength, Willpower, Aim, Cunning) are going away and replaced with Mastery
    • This means collecting datacrons goes from meh (+50 primary stat) to pretty much must have (+200 Mastery stat)
    • Bioware wants to bring Legacy datacrons with 4.0. Might not happen until later in expansion
    • Surge is going away and rolled into Critical stat. I don't know the math yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Absorption is also rolled into Shield stat
    • Companions will no longer have roles. Every companion will have a Tank, Heal or DPS stance.
    • This will be in Vanilla SWTOR as well
    • Treek and HK51 will still be available in 4.0.
    • Companions will no longer receive stats from gear. Their performance will be based on your character level + Presence stat
    • This means the companion gear slots will basically become Outfit Designer for companions
    • There will be a new set of permanent companions introduced with 4.0
    • Vanilla companions will be available to use during game play mode. 4.0 companions will be required for story mode (you need Companion Bob for this story instance)
    • After 4.0 is released in October (with the first 9 story chapters) there will be no new story content until after Battlefront and TFA have been released (so no chapter 10 until at least January).
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

I just transferred my old BH to the server! I am happy.

fatcat
    edited August 2015

I like these changes. I'm sure hardcore players are going nuts over the simplified stats, but as a filthy casual I like it.

I love that the companion's DPS/Heal/Meat shield will now be based on your level and a single stat (Presence). Time to max those companion affections. +10 Presence for each at 10k, giving you a +400 Presence bonus at level 1 lol.
    I'm also for Mastery. This solves all the Cunning tank gear in the game haha

really cool gallery of player's characters

http://swtorista.com/experiments/swtor-reddit-gallery.html

if you want some milti-monitor SWTOR wallpapers, look no further

http://imgur.com/a/9PIGZ

PSA: 32 days left of 12x class story XP -Digi

edited September 2015

omg they're putting in keybind import/export with 4.0

fucking finally

@Snarkasm said:
    omg they're putting in keybind import/export with 4.0

fucking finally

you mean Bryan won't be cursing as much? that's....kinda sad really :)

watched the first 30 minutes of KotFE. The hype is real!

edited October 2015

NY ComiCon Cantina code for freebies

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/2kwa47

edited October 2015

Tomorrow!

Predownloading while I'm at work. I checked in last night to make sure I was ready to go, and there are something like 7 characters at 60 waiting for me. Looking forward to EOD!

protip: if you have companions below 10k affection/influence, go talk to them on your ship before starting KotFE!

Yeah, all of the conversations unlock because it's based on story progress instead of affection now. Go talk talk talk!

It was actually kind of frustrating having to do all that before I jumped into the story, though. Took a little while, so I only got to the start of chapter 5 last night.

edited October 2015

@Snarkasm said:
    Yeah, all of the conversations unlock because it's based on story progress instead of affection now. Go talk talk talk!

It was actually kind of frustrating having to do all that before I jumped into the story, though. Took a little while, so I only got to the start of chapter 5 last night.

I did it last night with 13 companions. before i was 24/40 with the +10 presence bonus, now I'm 37/40 lol

So, I thought I read somewhere that your free level 60 character comes with legacy gear, but for the life of me I can't find it now. Whenever any of you use your free level 60, let me know please if it is legacy armor, because some of the classes' armor is pretty cool

edited October 2015

just a note on the "Free level 60"

Please note that creating a level 60 character will not complete Legacy Achievements for that class, and the class storyline of that character will not be available to you. If you’re downloading the game for the first time and plan to start at level 60 you will need to allow the full game download to complete before hitting Play.** If you’ve created a new level 60 character and find that the playstyle of that Advanced Class does not suit you, you may delete that character before they reach level 61 and create another without having to buy a token from the Cartel Market.**

so those level-sync flashpoints, we should do those

Man, I need to even start KotFE. Still talking to some companions, and there are Halloween events happening in other games. First world gamer problems?

fatcat