• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Thrax wrote:
    Yeah. :D
    Il sort something ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    10k characters! :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I now need to go off and do some SQL stuff, some general maintenance

My Dear Shorty,

Did you and Mrs. Shorty have opportunity for Christmas joy and cheer today? I feel bad, considering I've had a day of dining and family, wondering if you've been slaving all day at the keyboard. Seriously.

Leo
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Nice work!

However, every time i refresh i have to login again. After i have logged in, i'm getting pushed to my control panel.

This is with the old style. Slimbrowser used.
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited December 2003
    :respect: Shorty, you da man! :rockon:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited December 2003
    All very nice, I like it, But, When I move my mouse over a forum a box keeps popping up telling me what's in the posts, Bloody annoying, it's like the dreaded paper clip. How can I turn it off? I can't find an option in edit options.
    Well done though.

ps, just saw this post, I have no idea why it's bold?
    edited December 2003
    Ok... Ive slept.. so lets answer some posts ;)

Leo my good man...

Mrs Shorty is unfortunately required to work all over xmas & new year. The joys of dating a police officer. She worked from 7am till 4pm.. then 7pm till 11pm yesterday and is doing the same again today. We had our xmas three weeks ago ;) along with my family xmas two weeks ago.. as my parents are away enjoying their first xmas without us kids around :)

Mack matey...

Clear all your cookies. Some have reported cookie clashes, so clear the temp internet & cookies.. and all will function as it should :)

Bothered sir..

It's bold because some people's sigs have bold tags in it and haven't closed them properly. I have already fixed around about 9 sigs that have bad tables/tags and bbcode in them. Il find who the next culprit is in this thread.. in a moment :)

EDIT:: Fixt Macks sig. He hadn't closed the bold tag in his sig :)
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited December 2003
    madmat wrote:
    OOPS...my bad, found it under quick links. Nice setup, great, great GREAT!!!

Why not just use the link called NEW POSTS in the menu on the top of the page?

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log out
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited December 2003
    Ok, thanks, but, how can I turn off the pop up box?
    I have a brother in law who's a police officer, great guy, so I understand the work thing, Bless em all for being there though eh?
    And by the way, what was in your big box?
    edited December 2003
    You can't turn off the popup box. It's a dynamic HTML alt tag...

Il look and see if I can hack in the option to turn it off in your userCP :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    EXCELLENT, Shorty!

Um, in one of the posts in this thread, the bullets are outside the post text frame. Somebody fed an unordered outline, and there was no minimum left margin in post display box???

Like this a LOT, though.

Hint to Wugaroo: Has `tk disappeared as ID??? About time VoE appeared???

John.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2003
    Ageek: VoE is BlackHawk dumby.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Looks like some people need a lesson in code closing...

Anyway, found something else I don't like, when you look at the time someone posted, it isn't a date or anything anymore, it's like "3 Days ago" or "7 Hours ago" etc...
  • edited December 2003
    Ohh, ohh!

How about having the forum tree (You know... "Short-Media Forums > Short-Media > Feedback > Forum Upgrade") at the bottom of the page, as well as the top? I always valued this in V2's setup.
    edited December 2003
    The VB2 version was a hack I did. Im looking to repeat it. Give me an hour or so :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    You could also make the text of that tree thingy a bit smaller.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited December 2003
    I use to be able to click "View New Posts" and save the URL in my Favorites so I when I come back later I always see the latest posts but it doesn't work anymore. Am I doing something wrong or is it something that needs to be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

PS: the new layout looks good but I hate change... :shakehead
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    edited December 2003
    Thanks but it doesn't work. If you click that link an hour from now you'll see the same posts...
    edited December 2003
    Works by indexed search via sessions. I still dont know why they did that :wtf:

Im looking to try and code the old style back EQ.
    edited December 2003
    Thanks Shorty and keep up the good work! :respect:
    edited December 2003
    I know alot of us use that as a direct link. It's bugging me already, so I know its gotta be bugging others :)

Ive already got the code open in Dreamweaver..

/me rolls up sleeves..

Ok.. lets see what we can do here..
    edited December 2003
    EQ... try now.

I _think_ it'l work now using Blackhawks link.
  • edited December 2003
    When I click on a thread which I have never read before, I am taken to the last post. Shouldn't I be taken to the first?
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2003
    Well done shorty. The site looks great with the old style listings and the new colorsheme. BTW why does blackhawk sometimes use the name vitues of evil as previously stated in this thread. Isn't there plenty of mods anyway. And at the bottom of this page there's a part that says similar threads. What is it.
    edited December 2003