[IC] EVE Player Names

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    lulz. EVE is a great game to play because a not-insignificant chunk on time is devoted to playing other games while waiting for something you need to happen in EVE to actually happen. Civ 5 friendly.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Also Dwarf Fortress friendly.
  • Tushon said:

lulz. EVE is a great game to play because a not-insignificant chunk on time is devoted to playing other games while waiting for something you need to happen in EVE to actually happen. Civ 5 friendly.

not insignificant .. your making me use spare cycles here tushy. So you mean you spend significant periods of time waiting on others? Did you guys let @ilriyas join your game? That could be the problem.

Tushon said:

not insignificant .. your making me use spare cycles here tushy. So you mean you spend significant periods of time waiting on others? Did you guys let @ilriyas join your game? That could be the problem.

He joined the game of his own accord and wish to extract tears via the legal bounty system, whereby you hunt people down for money. :smug:

"waiting" can be defined in many ways, but I usually mean waiting for some skill to train or a particular op to form up.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm on EVE multiple times a day, soon as I feel my ship is up to speed I'm going to try my hand at low gain bounties.

Tracking players down should prove fun.

Anyways on Civ, my lack of turn update comes from the fact that I always have GMR turned off which I should fix.
    Or waiting for enemies to show their cowardly heads.

I'm so glad we're fighting Gewns now... they're bigger and richer, they probably will actually fight!
  • Ilriyas said:

Anyways on Civ, my lack of turn update comes from the fact that I always have GMR turned off which I should fix.

http://www.labnol.org/software/add-programs-to-windows-startup/13013/

Ilriyas said:

I'm on EVE multiple times a day, soon as I feel my ship is up to speed I'm going to try my hand at low gain bounties.

Tracking players down should prove fun.

If you get bored trying to track them down manually, there is some ~system~ or corp or alliance or something that offers a service called "locator agents" where they find people and tell you for a fee, but that part may be half your fun.
    There you go ... very complicated I see /s

Thanks Ardi
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I'm hoping that I can get my pirating/playability decent enough to become an EVE bounty :D

I look forward to those days.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    Well, with the new expansion, you'll be able to straight-up by your way out of the inevitable security losses you'll incur. You could do so before, but it seems they are making it more staright-forward.

I'm looking forward to the changes and enhancements of exploration!
    As a side note, this is literally one of the best times to be in TEST. Huge fights happening ALL THE TIME. It's glorious.
    JBoogaloo
    Oooooooooh, tonight I may be able to hop my noobish self on and play. Of course, I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing, but at least I get to get on :)

Tush, if you're available I'll probably annoyingly pick your brain for info, tips, etc...just FYI. :)
    Typically available from 0000-0500 eve time. Skype/IC mumble/in-game chat
    Kinda bummed I missed a chance to EVE with ya over the weekend. But, I got a bit more into the game and started running some agent missions to grab some money and learn a bit more about the game mechanics before I hop into any pvp or what have you. I'll get my dreddit app started soon and be on a bit more frequently soon. My space warfare skills, blow. :)
    No worries. Eve is a long-term game, so there will be plenty of time to do whatever you want. There were over 2000 people in two different fights yesterday.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    Took the plunge with a shill code from @BuddyJ and I love Eve so far. Haven't done much but putz around in the tutorials but I'm constantly perusing the EveWiki and am just amazed as to how full the game is. Living in the cut-throat world of corporate America, I'm excited that I have finally found a game I can use skills like negotiations, strategic thinking, organizational planning and corporate espionage all in one place...

Pilot name - Lazarus Xero
    Ships - None of worth to speak of yet...

Can't wait to see you all in New Eden!
    BuddyJ
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    GRRRR...... don't make me come in after you.... noooooo
    LazarusXero
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    QCH said:

GRRRR...... don't make me come in after you.... noooooo

Come in after him :D

@LazarusXero if you get bored with high sec, I'll sponsor you into dreddit. We take pilots of any skill level and let them do whatever they want :D Haru even said he thought it sounded fun to fly with.
    BuddyJLazarusXero
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........................

Any code for me? I'll try...
    QCH said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........................

Any code for me? I'll try...

Linky
    edited July 2013

Qwar Ovaert
    BuddyJLazarusXero
    edited July 2013
    Just FYI @QCH - probably bad form to post your EVE login name on the forums. There's a reason you have a separate, not-publically-viewable name for login. It's an extra layer of security to keep your account from being stolen. No one here needs to know your login ID, just your in-game character name.
    BuddyJLazarusXero
    Yep, please to edit that out.
    done...
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

And I'm back....
    TushonLazarusXero
    I has bought a 3-month subscription... time to get real. I'm 9 days in and sitting at about 500k in skill points. I've learned that a destroyer is awesome... BUT still no match to a skilled frigate captain. I've learned quite a bit but feel still every bit overwhelmed as when I started.
    LazarusXero
    QCH said:

I has bought a 3-month subscription... time to get real. I'm 9 days in and sitting at about 500k in skill points. I've learned that a destroyer is awesome... BUT still no match to a skilled frigate captain. I've learned quite a bit but feel still every bit overwhelmed as when I started.

You will probably feel this way for a while. It's a big expansive game and it's hard to wrap your brain around at first. I still sometimes feel pretty omg wtf is going on and I've had an account for like 4 years now.