TF2 Gun Mettle Update

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Hopefully taking them to the 9th level of Hell.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2015

They are indeed just skins on some of the default weapons currently. There is a chance that it will be strange or unusual coming out of either of the Gun Mettle Weapons Cases.

Edit: Each weapon is supposed to have a unique paint job also. Each at least slightly different from any other.

-Digi

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2015

The Community Market can bite my ass, tried to buy some stuff from it this mornin, requires me to have bought a game within the last 30 days, Valve, the money still ends up with you eventually, stop whoring! Nvm, the purchace must be at least 30 days old, I iz smurt.

oni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

These contracts are addicting, they're really fun. I'm having to play classes I don't normally play, and in ways I don't normally play them.

PirateNinjaBobbyDigi
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

edited July 2015

Nice Oni. I really like the Battle Scarred weapons. They seems to be third in line for demand behind Factory New and Minimal Wear.

Also, not civilian grade huzzah!

-Digi

_koni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

Sold a couple crates, already made back the ticket money.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Picked up the Antique Annihilator Minigun (Field-Tested) off the market, looks sweet.

all i want is the Purple Range (Concealed killer sniper).
    i need it.

if you didn't noticed, since the update Badwater Basin Pl map is glitched.
    sometimes the cart is invisible and the last point is already capped. it makes for a funny game but it's weird...

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Yeah barnblitz and upward are the same way. It has to do with picking up weapons and dropping the old one so the old weapon goes through the final cap. You'll hear the loud explosion that the final point has been capped, then the second to last point will be the last point and the cart will be invisible. I think it can also be done with teleporters. Novelty wears off after the first 9 times people do it. I've just been playing gold rush, hoodoo, and thundermountain now.

@Signal said:
    I've just been playing gold rush, hoodoo, and thundermountain now.

Oh you poor soul. That would be a personal hell.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Gold rush is meh, but the other two are fun. I do miss upward.

Hoodoo is literally my least favorite map in the game.

• StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

@Karma said:
    Hoodoo is literally my least favorite map in the game.

I used to feel the same way, but when I put aside my 15-second opinion and actually tried it, I found that (at least on pub servers) it turned out to be pretty fun! Lots of variety, reasonable enough routes.

Twofort though... twofort is irredeemable. /opinions

Gun Mettle's been great, although the buy-in was a little high I think (although I have different opinions about F2P than I do about normal models). It's given a ton of players good excuse to try new classes, and I feel that's been a very positive thing for gameplay the last few weeks. I may scream if I get another field-tested Reclaimed Reanimator though.

oni_dels

@Strikes What? Are you saying that I haven't played enough to have formed a good opinion on it?

@Karma said:
    Strikes What? Are you saying that I haven't played enough to have formed a good opinion on it?

I didn't take it as such. Sounded like to me he was saying initially he made a quick opinion before he had given it a chance. Then after giving it a chance his thoughts changed.

I have too many weapons. I'm not going to use them because I have Stranges, but I can't stop buying them. Though at the rate I am going, my Steam wallet should balance out and I will have a large handful of new weapons. Playing Steam Market is too much fun :-P

-Digi

PirateNinjaRahnalH102oni_delsStrikes
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Everyone is doing contracts in TF2 and here I am with a bicycle saddle stuck up my butt.

@BobbyDigi said:
    -Digi

That's kinda how I took it originally but I dunno. Any insinuation of me not playing enough of something in tf2 is kinda hilarious to me.

• @BobbyDigi said:
    Playing Steam Market is too much fun :-P
    -Digi

It is fun when it is this immature to new product. I bought the only specialized killstreak minigun on the market, which happens to be commando. I bought it for $2.20 and I expect it will sell for around $10-20. We shall see :) No matter what it is fun.

BobbyDigioni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian

@_k said:
    Everyone is doing contracts in TF2 and here I am with a bicycle saddle stuck up my butt.

If you get in now, you'll be able to make the money back in a week or two. I did it soley to get better at new classes. Since doing the spy contract I'm able to sap buildings and can even knife people. Something I hilariously failed at before.

oni_delsStrikes
    edited July 2015

@Signal said:
    If you get in now, you'll be able to make the money back in a week or two. I did it soley to get better at new classes. Since doing the spy contract I'm able to sap buildings and can even knife people. Something I hilariously failed at before.

@_k has been in before I was. He's just been shit on for drops from what I understand. k's gunna k.

I've also yet to get on and accept/do this weeks challenges, too busy playing market.

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:
    I've also yet to get on and accept/do this weeks challenges, too busy playing market.

i know the updates said weekly challenges, but it seems to be a new 1 every 24h. (with an initial 3 when you buy it)

• @oni_dels said:
    i know the updates said weekly challenges, but it seems to be a new 1 every 24h. (with an initial 3 when you buy it)

Damn, I'm not getting that many. I get 2 per week from what I can tell and they don't come in at the same time.

@oni_dels said:

Wat? How many contracts have gone through?

-Digi

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

@Signal said:

I am already in and have covered the cost with the first case, made sure to buy in fast when I saw you could pull a 24 hour return. Simply been too tired after I get done riding for the day to do anything besides watching an anime about cycling.

Really wish I had the energy to play more since my contracts are stacking up but I needs my sleeps. Might try and cram a spy contract tonight around 9.

• StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

@Karma said:
    That's kinda how I took it originally but I dunno. Any insinuation of me not playing enough of something in tf2 is kinda hilarious to me.

@BobbyDigi had it right. I just thought it was funny that I had felt the same way until I examined my expectations of the map.

@BobbyDigi said:
    Wat? How many contracts have gone through?

my sixth today. i bought it last tuesday (the 7th). so i'm technically wrong i guess it's not once every 24h

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited July 2015

Actually, I think what is happening here is something that was stated in the FAQ (I was curious about the details a little while ago and read through it.)

The first Q/A says that there are 2 contracts per week.

One of the following Q/As is as follows:

Q: The Gun Mettle Update started a few weeks ago and I just heard about it. What happens if I buy a Campaign Pass now?
    A: **Purchasing access further into the campaign **will still earn you the same number of contracts as someone who purchased access on day one. Access will no longer be available for purchase through the last month of the campaign.

So Oni bought his on last week and the event started the week before, so he had 4 contracts that week. Now the two from this week.

That's a pretty nice move overall. I'm more inclined to join this since I now know I'll have the same opportunity as the beginners and will be able to make my money back most likely and have fun regardless.

oni_delsStrikes
    edited July 2015

so, this is my 3rd medigun. Medic being my 2nd least used class. (although, in the last week i used it more than in the last 3 years)