Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe stability problems

Comments

• edited July 2007
    Yea thanks I'll give that a go. After the 1001 flash I've not had a single BSD so far and they got quite regular. My symptoms are the same as other people appear to have experienced but in my case it seems to be connected to the bios. Hope I find a solution soon.

Kurn :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2007
    Well that theory was wrong. Now my PC is just crashing with all the usual symtoms, if the bios is flashed or not. The PC just crashes out and I get the usual memory beeps, which is getting more regular all the time.

Considering I have swapped out every piece of hardware and tested the memory, it has to be the motherboard. My only option is now to RMA the motherboard and hope they allow me to chose a different model. :(

Kurn
  • edited July 2007
    I've read with great interest the information in this thread- but sadly I'm not quite as far on as most of you. As I cant even install Windows XP (sp2) :(

Sorry for the long psoting, but I wanted to provide as much info as possible.

My spec: (all just a few days old except the GPU, HDD and DVD/CD)

M2N32 sli deluxe - updated bios (using USB drive) through BIOS to 1201
    AMD 65 X2 6000
    Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB
    ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT
    SATA 300Gb Maxtor DiamondMax10
    Corsair 2x1Gb DDR2 TWIN 2X2048-6400C4DHX G - Both memory chips are in the black sockets
    Case ANTEC NSK 6500 (with 430W PSU built in)
    ps2 keyboard
    usb mouse
    IDE DVD/CD drive

Intially I suspected the error was due to overheating of the CPU, hence I have replaced the stock cooler with the Zalman. This has reduced the temp (according to the BIOS report) - It reports the
    CPU temp at approx 40C -
    mobo = 33c

cpu fan speed 2721 rpm

Vcore 1.45V
    3.3V = 3.23V
    5V = 5.02V
    12V = 11.96V

CPU-Q fan and chasis q fan control are both disabled

I have also followed the advice in this thread and run the Memtest86+ - this reported no erros with my corsair DDR2 RAM.

I have disabled PEG.

I have also changed the Ram timings to various values as suggested on this board namely to both 4-4-4-12-2T, and 800 5-5-5-15

Could anyone please confirm the timings and voltage for the Corsair 2x1Gb DDR2 TWIN 2X2048-6400C4DHX G? Im assuming it should be (800 4-4-4-12)

Both memory chips are in the black sockets

Despite all my efforts Windows currently will still not install. It permits me to format my sata drive (I'm not using RAID) and then copies the files from the XP SP2 CD.

The system then restarts as expected and boots into the Windows setup GUI.

At this stage my system simply stalls during the "installing windows" , "detecting devices " or the "registering components" stages...

Ive only ever got to the registering components stage once (this occurs shortly after setting up the admin password and regional settings.

My current guess is that the

(1) memory config/timings are wrong
    (2) power supply isnt working correctly (not powerful enough)
    (3) Ive got a faulty mobo

My next moves will be to try one stick of RAM (memtest suggested they were both ok though)
    Will also try installing to old IDE drive rather than SATA. ive read that the DiamondMax 10's can also be problematic...

The default/setup profile BIOS settings list the current DRAM timing as 800Mhz 5-5-5-18-2T - Ive looked at the DIMMs and they list (800 4-4-4-12) - should I change this value to what it says on the chip?

Any help would be really useful guys...

cheers

a newcomer
    "marchban"
  • edited July 2007
    im new to these boards but have found this thread while searching for a solution to the random crashes and system lockups im getting with this motherboard. asus was no help having me first replace the power supply and secondly telling me im using incompatible memory. after hearing this i called ocz about my memory and they had me go into the bios and go into the advanced voltage settings and change the CPU to NB HT voltage from auto to 1.45v

he said the default is too low and when the cpu is faster than the info getting to the ram it will cause the system to go into a permanent state of sleep or just lock up. so far ive had no issues with my incompatible ram after doing this. i hope this helps some people that are having similar issues..

m2n32 sli delute
    amd 64 x2 6000+
    4gig ocz 6400 ram (2 gig x2)
    seagate 7200.10 500 gig drive for o/s (sata 2)
    seagate 7200.10 750 gig drive for data (sata 2)
    geforce 7950gt
    sound blaster audigy 2
    ocz 790 watt power supply
  • edited July 2007
    i would also like to add that asis said this mobo needs atleast 650 watts to function properly. but the real killer for me was making sure each rail of the new power supply has enough amps. some of the brand new power supplies still dont have enough amps per rail to meet the asus requirements.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks for your advice guys.

Thinking this was a problem due to over heating, I replaced the stock fan with the Zalman - I now cant use the cool n quiet system and more importantly this didnt resolve my issue with XP install. Nice cool system though! cost additional £35

I changed the memory timings and voltages of Corsair before swapping with my reatiler for OCZ 800 DDR2's - This didnt resolve my issue with XP install.. gutted. (same price)

At this stage I genuinly believed the problem was my PSU. I therefore purchased a 700W OCZ Game X Stream - This didnt resolve my issue with XP install and cost me an additional £75

This pointed to either a faulty mobo or CPU. But then I discovered a discussion board suggesting issues with Maxtor Diamond Max 10's and the M2N32-SLI Deluxe. I prompty purchased a 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 16MB (ST3320620AS) ......................................... cost another £50.

Oh my god! XP now installs. I swapped back to the MAxtor 300Gb sat drive and bang windows XP fails to install. I am really surprised that this mobo struggles with a certain brand/model of HDD.

So it has cost me £160 (in components) to install XP becuase of an issue with the mobo and disk.

Happy that this issue is resolved but this has cost me £££$$$$ and lots and lots of time.

Please add this information to the top of this thread, I dont want anyone else going through the same pain.

cheers

marchban
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2007
    gchamblee wrote:
    i would also like to add that asis said this mobo needs atleast 650 watts to function properly. but the real killer for me was making sure each rail of the new power supply has enough amps. some of the brand new power supplies still dont have enough amps per rail to meet the asus requirements.
    I haven't read all this thread but...
    I had an Asus board that was giving me BSODs. Eventually every piece of hardware was swapped, and I mean everything except the PSU and case. In the end I asked another SM member to build it for me and then it worked. The only conclusion I could come up with was how the PSU was connected. I thought maybe I had too many components on one rail and the other person connected the PSU differently? I can't see any other reason as everything else was eliminated. It has worked for nearly two years since with no problems.
  • edited July 2007
    Hey everyone, I'm new here. I just put together a new computer using this motherboard. I connected everything and turned it on but the system wouldn't POST. I wasn't sure why so I troubleshooted everything from top to bottom but to no avail. I reset CMOS lo and behold it posted but I encountered another problem, the system will only post when I reset CMOS.
    I went into the BIOS and set the RAM from DDR2-800 to DDR2-667 and the system worked perfectly stable after that. I am wondering if this could possibly be a compatibility issue with the RAM and motherboard? I'm not really comfortable setting the RAM to that. (It's an obsessive thing I think :P) Other then compatibility issues is there any other reason why I would have to change the RAM to DDR2-667? I know this board is known for some RAM compatibility issues and I was just wondering if I could have any advice on this because the board states it's compatible with DDR2-800

Any help would be appreciated.

System Specs:
    M2n32-Sli Deluxe Wi-Fi
    AMD Athlon F-62 2.8Ghz Windsor
    4GB G.Skill 240 Pin DDR2-800 PC6400 (2x2GB)
    Evga Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 640mb
    750W Rosewill Sli Ready Power supply
    Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 64 bit
    500Gb WD Caviar SE 16 (SATA)

Thanks again.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    What bios version are you using and which slots are the ram modules plugged into? Read the first post and make sure you're on the same page with the current "best" setup.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks for the fast reply! :)
    Bios version 1201 which I flashed the other day and kept having the same problem. My RAM is currently in the yellow slots as stated in the manual. I previously tried them in the RAM slots but the same problem when it was set at DDR2-800. I will try again and let you know how if it works or not because I didn't try the black slots after flashing the BIOS to the newest version. Currently at work so I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Thanks
  • edited July 2007
    Hey, I'm home just tried everything you suggested. First I switched the RAM to the two black dimms, system posted twice but then stopped. Also tried the bios settings, setting everything in manually and changing the voltages. Upon changing the voltage to +1 above reccomended the system hung on boot and POST gave an error so I reset CMOS and am now back to where I began except the RAM is currently in the two black dimms.

Thanks
  • edited July 2007
    metalmofo wrote:
    Hey, I'm home just tried everything you suggested. First I switched the RAM to the two black dimms, system posted twice but then stopped. Also tried the bios settings, setting everything in manually and changing the voltages. Upon changing the voltage to +1 above reccomended the system hung on boot and POST gave an error so I reset CMOS and am now back to where I began except the RAM is currently in the two black dimms.

Thanks

did you change the voltage setting for the CPU to NB HT setting in your bios. try setting that to 1.45v because that fixed everything wrong with my system and i am not using recommended ram. let me know if that works.
  • edited July 2007
    Just tried that, didn't work though. :( Starting to run out of patience ;/ any other suggestions would be helpful though, thanks.
  • edited August 2007
    This is one of the strangest things that ever happened to me since I use computers (and it's 20 years now...). I too run the Asus M2N32-SLI and never had a problem for 6 months... Then one day I had to leave and left my PC turned off for a week (plugged behind a "surge arrest" plug to provide that BIOS battery would not wear down).
    So after a week not used I turn on my PC again and Vista starts freezing after few minutes. But what's worse is that any time
    I reset, the BIOS doesn't load up anymore and I can hear one long and two short beeps. They usually (on Phoenix BIOS) means a video hardware failure (and in fact the monitor is black). So I started with resetting CMOS (following the asus support guidelines and manual) and testing both the video cards just to discover they works. I've managed to reload Vista and have a single flawless session.
    The next day, here we go again. OS freezes again after few mins and when I reset the mobo starts beeping (always same beep 1 long, 2 shorts)... What's
    terrible now, is that CMOS takes longer and longer to reset...
    So looking for a solution I stumbled on this incredible post. I switched my ram modules on black slots. Tweaked voltages an skew on BIOS...
    No matters what of the two banks of RAM I try or what slot on the mobo I choose, the PC works fine *only* when a single module is slotted(tested every single bank on different slots).
    But... as soon as I slot the other one inside...
    Hell again, OS load and freezes after 5 mins or so, returning every time different BSOD and BIOS doesn't load anymore... and BEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP
    Here some notices that you can find helpful (I hope so...) BIOS is updated to latest version (2 or 3 weeks ago), I have no Windows auto-update turned on and I choose what to install (I left out latest WHQL certified drivers for graphics & mobo, as when I tried them I had to rollback - they didn't work good to me). I run a RAID 0 configuration and never had a single problem.
    Actually my RAM was running to 1.8V (standard) and was auto-configurated by the BIOS at 5-5-5-18. Now I have brought it to factory specifics 4-4-4-12 at 2.4V.
    I have not installed any harmful software in the last month (except for itunes) and never changed initial hardware configuration.
    I used to keep the cpu slightly overclocked (between 5-7% just to reach 3.0Ghz frequency) and I'd like to say once more that it was working great. I use my PCs intensively and for long periods of time 3-5hrs per day, multitasking too. I used it without flaws or abnormal behaving from march til last monday when hell broke loose.
    Before I think to something desperate like changing my mobo, I'd like your opinion on this.
    Heres my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64X2 5600+ @ 3.0Ghz
    ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe
    2 x 1Gb CORSAIR Dominator DDR2 6400C4EPP @ 4-4-4-12
    2 x ASUS nVidia GF8800GTX SLI-enabled
    2 x WESTERN DIGITAL WD3200YS SATA2 16Mb RAID 0
    CREATIVE X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    SAMSUNG SH-S182M 18x DVD-RW
    COOLERMASTER Stacker T01 Aluminium Tower
    ENERMAX AL-064 Galaxy 850W power supply

Thank you
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    You stated the computer runs well with only one stick of RAM. Will it run well with either stick of RAM, or is it just one of them?
  • edited August 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    You stated the computer runs well with only one stick of RAM. Will it run well with either stick of RAM, or is it just one of them?

Now the situation is:
    1) I can *only* run a single stick of ram (black or yellow slot is the same) becasue as soon as I insert another one (whatever slot I try) ans I turn on the pc I have the beeps and cannot even access the BIOS;
    2) I have "tweaked" manually the single stick of ram from the BIOS as suggested in the main post and following factory specification. And it's running like hell and I do not feel like I am only on 1 Gb instead of two.

Yet I'd like to understand what happened and if I will be forced to use a single slot forever!
    Thank you for your quick reply
    edited August 2007
    Let me rephrase me question. I apologize if I was not clear the first time. OK, I understand that you cannot fill two RAM slots simultaneously and have the computer operate correctly. What we need to know is if BOTH of the individual RAM modules are good. Let's say you have one stick of RAM in the motherboard. If you remove that stick of RAM and replace it with the other stick of RAM (still with only ONE RAM module in the motherboard), will the computer work properly?

We need to narrow this down to see if it's a RAM problem or a motherboard problem.
  • edited August 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    What we need to know is if BOTH of the individual RAM modules are good. Let's say you have one stick of RAM in the motherboard. If you remove that stick of RAM and replace it with the other stick of RAM (still with only ONE RAM module in the motherboard), will the computer work properly?

We need to narrow this down to see if it's a RAM problem or a motherboard problem.

Thank you and sorry maybe I din't explain myself well. Yes, of course I tried both sticks separately and in every possible slot (a1,a2,b1 and b2). Every *single* stick works fine whatever slot I use. As soon as I plug in the other one (whatever slot again), I have one long beep and two shorts and cannot load the BIOS. The strangest thing is that I was running from the start with both sticks on the yellow slots and everything worked juts fine for about 6 months! DUH! :confused:
    Oh I'd like to mention that since I "clocked" the single stick of ram manually following the guidelines in this post, my single 1 Gb ram is running like hell and working much quicker that when I used both with auto (wrong) configuration.
    :bigggrin:
  • zokocxzokocx see home page
    edited September 2007
    Hello, I'm new on this forum.

I have some sort of problems like u guys but whit Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe/WiFi-AP it's the same motherboard like Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe just whit Wireless Adapter, em I right???

When i borrow pc (I pick parts myself) i had just 1gb of Corsair XMS2 PC6400 (single stick), i had some freezes in C&C TW and in some other games, but quite rarly, not so often, i was using 0706 bios. But when i borrow another 1gb of same memory (just chips are diffrent one have Elpida other Elpida E chips), the freezing become more often, even in games that don't freeze befor, the freezing is really anoing in Lost Planet for 1:41 of playing i got 3 freeze (complet, in place freeze even sound freez or loop) on C&C TW i got only 4-5 freeze for play time 20+ hours (I play whit 1gb & passed camp on hard), now my brother gets freeze when playing Company of Heroes... which is first time. I dont use much software (eg. for work or some other fun) but ingame freeze is my problem.
    My hand picked PC:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600
    Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe/WiFi-AP
    Corsair XMS2 PC6400 2x1Gb (buyed to be 100% sure for compatibility)
    MSI NX7900GTO 512Mb (really thankfull graphics card for money)
    Samsung 931BW (i love this monitor)
    WD WD2500KS 250Gb
    Pioneer DVR-111D
    Thermaltake Matrix VX VD3000BWA
    LC power Hyperion 700W
    Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard
    Logitech LX3 (mouse sucks, first brought, must get Razore Krait)
    Creative Inspire P580

I start to read this thread and see that people are coming quite close to solving this problem (I hope so), i get on page 3 :o, it's late i get sleepy.
    I have all latest drivers and bios 1201, and i try to set memory SKEW on Advanced 450ps and MemV on 2.0v from 1.9v suggested by manual, and 5-5-5-12 T1 timings, i had massive crash on POST and even report of missing files,I clear CMOS. I notice that when on Auto AI SKEW shows Advanced 150ps (gray) so i set it to Adv 150ps manualy and , it's BOOT fine but restart on windows tray program starting, when i set to Advanced or Delayed 450ps and 2.0V or 1.9V freeze on boot up.
    Now I try on 1.9V and Delayed 150ps works fine just for now i need to do some serious testing especialy games. I will try this FOLDING like test util morning... see ya for 6-8hours.
    Also I never had BSOD just freezing...
    edited September 2007
    Folding works all night, everything fine, but when i start Lost Planet in game freez after few minutes ... must tri some thing diffrent in bios. Strange is that i had one freez when plaing Guild Wars in window and surfing on FF...
    For Lost Planet i OC graphic to 700/1600 all ways... also i notice more programs in try greater chances of freezing.
    Any tips for bios? :confused:
    I allso plan to adjust some fine timings manualy.
  • edited September 2007
    Oh, how I wish I'd found this forum sooner. I think I've almost worked all the instability out of my system, but the solution I've used might not make the most sense, and I was hoping to get some feedback. My setup is: M2N32-SLI-Deluxe with wireless Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 2x 250gB Seagate Barracuda SATA Sapphire ATI X1950GT PCIe 256m Thermaltake Kandalf LCS Case Enermax Liberty 620w Modular PS And of course, where I cheaped out: 2x 1gB Kingston Value RAM Dunno why I really went with cheap RAM. I suppose at the time I started purchasing things, the plan was to just forklift the MB and CPU from a Athlon 64 3700+ in a different case. It was only at the store that I realized that the Socket 939 chips only use DDR1 that I had to add the cost of RAM to my budget. I wasn't planning on overclocking or tweaking, so I figured I didn't need the more expensive stuff. I haven't tweaked much in the BIOS (in fact, I've gone the other way, turning off a bunch of stuff I don't need). The only memory change I've made is to boost the VDIMM from 1.8 to 1.9 as suggested earlier in this thread. The timings are auto, and detected at 5-5-5-15-1T. I've had the same general instability issues described here - moving to the liquid cooled case helped a lot, so I definitely had other issues, but even now that the CPU runs at ~33 degrees under load I still get frequent blue screens under XP. I finally ran Memtest86+, and have found that I get failures on test #7, but only when I have both chips installed. I've tried putting them in A1/B1, A2/B2 and A1/A2, and each time I get failures, always around the 1500-1750 mB mark. When I run the individual chips in A2, they pass. Is there a timing change I could make in BIOS to let me use these modules together, or should I just write off the cost of them and go spring for something better? Given that it's Labour day and I can't go purchase any replacement memory, I'm going to try to get XP installed and patched with just one stick installed. If that goes off without any random crashes, it will be a huge improvement over the last 18 times I've installed it in the last 3 weeks (no joke). I'd still like to have a stable system with 2gB of memory though. If I do go and get other modules, what timings should I look for? I've found some OCZ sticks that do 4-4-4-15, and a Crucial pair that do 4-4-4-12. Thanks for any insight.
  • edited September 2007
    jf647 wrote:
    Oh, how I wish I'd found this forum sooner.
    Apologies for the lack of line breaks. vBulletin hates Mac browsers (I've seen this before). I'd fix it, but the only solution I've found is to edit it from a Windows browser, and the Windows PC is obviously borked right now.
    edited September 2007
    I succes to play Lost Planet for 3+ hours, i set Delayed 150ps and MemV on 2.0 and it seems to get better, i also get some pauses between playing Lost Planet and then CPU automaticly statrs folding...
    I will do some more test and try to fine tweak memory but frist i will write all setting on paper, just in case that something goes wrong... for fine tweake i will use SysTool v1.0 Build 730, is this program good for this work, becouse it can't detect my MBo.
    edited September 2007
    Folding works all night, everything fine, but when i start Lost Planet in game freez after few minutes
    Folding@Home stresses the CPU core by running it at 100%. The fact that your computer froze after game play is an indicator that the problem might be an overheating video card. When was the last time you checked the video card heatsink and fan for dust and lint? Maybe it's clogged. Check it. Also, trying running and the freezing game simultaneously with the case side off. Let's see what it will do under cooler conditions.
    edited September 2007
    I check gpu cooler it's clean , exept little dust on vent , heatsink is fine, overheating is impossible , max temp for GPU which i see once was 66C when outside was 40C and in my room 30C... Also I say i never had freeze in windows when runing some small memory demands programs (Folding is not soo small but current is) also i say some games never freeze even when i played on it on normal GPU and Memory Clocks 650/1320.
    But it seems I am on way of solving the problem, becouse i don't get freeze until i set AI Clock Skew (both) on Delayed 150ps... and MemV 2.0.
    Anybody know what it is actualy AI Clock Skew and whats better Delayed or Advanced? I supposed Advanced but my sistem is very unstable on Advanced (on memV 2.0 i don't try 2.1 becouse i thinj that it's too much).

And i dont set FOLDING on both Cores, i try this beta 5.91 SMP Client but can get it to work, current Folding is only on 50% (one core) but in Taks Manager it's 66% on one and on second is 33% (strange its' FOLDING multi-threding)
  • edited September 2007
    My single 1gb stick of Corsair Dominator is working great with the manual tuning I did, following the guidelines in this forum, basically voltage +0.1 and timing set accordingly to Corsair specifications (no bios auto conf!) and skew advanced +450.
    But there is no hell of a way to make it load even the BIOS when I slot the other Gb or RAM. I really cannot understand why it worked so good with 2 Gb of ram (bios auto-conf) for 6 months and then one day doesn't work with more than 1 gb. The bios alarm beep is strange too, according tho phoenix award, that means a graphic error. But the gpu works really fine.
    Anyway, a couple of sticks of new ram are arriving, I'd like to see what happens with all 4 slots filled.
    Let's keep up with tries and work.
    I want my mobo working back fine asap!
    edited September 2007
    Eidur wrote:
    My single 1gb stick of Corsair Dominator is working great with the manual tuning I did, following the guidelines in this forum, basically voltage +0.1 and timing set accordingly to Corsair specifications (no bios auto conf!) and skew advanced +450.
    But there is no hell of a way to make it load even the BIOS when I slot the other Gb or RAM. I really cannot understand why it worked so good with 2 Gb of ram (bios auto-conf) for 6 months and then one day doesn't work with more than 1 gb. The bios alarm beep is strange too, according tho phoenix award, that means a graphic error. But the gpu works really fine.
    Anyway, a couple of sticks of new ram are arriving, I'd like to see what happens with all 4 slots filled.
    Let's keep up with tries and work.
    I want my mobo working back fine asap!

Becouse u put your nasty fingers where it's not needed... :D just kiding.
    I thing befor u use [Auto] for AI Clock Skew and now u try Adv 450ps , try like me to put on Delayed 150ps and then ad second 1gb , and then try seting on 450ps, and one thing how u can change AI Clock Skew when u have single channel (one modul of Dominator is 1GB?)...
  • edited September 2007
    hey guys! i purchased this board back in late june after hearing so many good things about it and was really looking forward to the increase in performance over my old nf7. anyways, i have not had much of a problem with it until recently. It ran flawlessly for the first few weeks I had it, but then whenever I tried to startup my computer I would either get no signal to the monitor (no post beeps either so im not sure if it was even starting) but i would let it sit for a few minutes and then restart it, and it would be fine and i wouldn't have any other problems with it until i had to start it up again. Recently though it has started blue screening and I have been getting alot of random restarts and freezing. As of right now I cant even get it to run for more than a few minutes without some sort of problem. I have tried several of the tips in this thread including:
    -moved the ram to the black slots
    -set the skew to advanced 450
    -changed the cpu to nb voltage to 1.45v
    -changed the ram voltage to 2.1v
    -uninstalled the nvida ide drivers
    -updated to the 1201 bios
    -set the ram to the manufacturer recommended timings
    and if anything it has just gotten worse. I have also ran memtest86 several times and have had no errors. Here are my specs:
    -M2N32-sli deluxe motherboard
    -AMD X2 4800+ (idles around 45c)
    -2x1gb Mushkin DDR2-800
    -Geforce 8800gts
    -2x250gb seagate barracuda sata hd's
    -550w ThermalTake psu
    Any and all help is appreciated! i really hope i can get this thing running right again, because it was fast when it did work. Thanks in advance!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Look up your BSOD's online to see if there is a separate problem involved, or post them here and let us help you out.

Also when do your problems occur? Just using Windows(I assume XP and not vista)? Playing a game?
  • edited September 2007
    the bsod i get doesnt have any error messages (like irql less or equal) but the error code is 0x0000007f 0x00000000 (rest are zeros as well). The crashes occur both in while running games, and while just using windows (like surfing the web, etc.) It also sometimes freezes while booting, but its almost always during the asus splash screen. Oh and it still does the thing where it wont start up on the first try. I hit the power button and all the fans speed up to their highest settings and then nothing happens, and if I wait a few minutes and restart it all the fans once again speed up to their highest settings, but they then slow back down and it boots fine.