Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe stability problems

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Dear all,

I've been taking out my frustration on Norwegian forums where there seem to be nobody to help me. I stumbled upon this thread and I really hope my 2 years of freezing (the PC) hell could be over soon.

My problem is that the computer keeps freezing/hanging up at random. I can continue to move the mouse around on the screen but the computer is not responding at all. While this is happening the harddrive work light is pretty much not active.
    I also have experienced the computer stopping/hanging/freezing even before Windows loads. The computer are sometimes having problemes with detecting the harddrive and the DVD burner and I will then get a message that the system didn't find a system disk and that I need to insert one.
    Having experienced theese types of problemes I've concluded that it's not the OS that's the problem.

The event log in Windows are complaining about theese things:

* Source: Disk
    Event ID: 11
    The driver has found an error in \Device\Harddisk0\D.

* Source: atapi
    Event ID: 9
    Unit \Device\Ide\IdePort2 did not reply before timeelaps ran out (our something, translating from Norwegian).

* Source: atapi
    Event ID: 5
    An error accured on \Device\Ide\IdePort2

* Source: Disk
    Event ID: 51
    Found an error on unit \Device\Harddisk0\D under some kind of operation.

Ok, then... The above means absolutlly nothing to me but after reading several pages in this thread I guess my motherboard has something to do with this.

This is what I have done so far:

* Taking of the door on my tower so the warm air isn't the problem.

* Upgraded to the latest BIOS on the motherboard, did that yesterday.

* Installed the latest chipset drivers.

* Switched my two RAM chips from the yellow (A1, B1) to the black (A2, B2) on the motherboard.

* Bought a brand new power supply unit which was higly recommended.

* I've been runing MEMtest for about 10 hours and the RAM seems fine.

* Been runing Checkdisk in Windows as well as ES Tool on my harddrive. ES Tool is a special check disk program for my harddrive.

* Been checking for viruses and runned CCleaner.

Please you guys I really need help with this one! I've been putting so much time, effort and money into this that I don't just want to keep replacing all the parts to find the fault.

My build:

- ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe, nForce 590 SLI, Socket-AM2, DDR2, 2xGbLAN, ATX, 2xPCI-Ex16

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2,4Ghz Socket AM2, 1MB, Typhoon CPU fan

- Samsung SpinPoint T133S 400GB, SATA2 16MB 7200RPM

- 2 units Gainward GeForce 7600GT 256MB 1.2ns DDR3, PCI Express

- Corsair Value S. PC5300 DDR2 2048MB Kit

- NEC DVD burner ND-3550

- Vantec USB2 multicard reader

- Corsair HX 620W powersupply

• edited July 2008
    Anyone?

I hate considering this but if I can't sort the problem out I have to sell the parts and lose a lot of money.

And I really can't sell the whole machine to someone and just push the problem over on somebody else.

Please, do anyone of you have any solutions to my problem?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    If you diagnosed the ram, replaced the PSU, swapped ram slots, ran checkdisk, etc... It sounds like you covered almost all the diagnostic bases. I'd say either your motherboard or CPU is actually defective. The only thing left I would recommend is rebuilding (thus reaseating) everything, re-apply thermal paste to the CPU, reseat the CPU, RAM, and video card, and even re-mount the motherboard in the case. If that still doesn't work, I'd say that your motherboard or CPU is defective.
  • edited July 2008
    Hi, i have a big problem. I have just bought a new cpu: AMD 64-X2 6000+ and it doesnt work on my ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe/Wireless. My components are: 3 GB of ram, the old cpu is AMD 64 3500+, tagan 530W and Radeon HD4850. All this components work normally with the old cpu, but when i put in the new cpu (6000+), the computer wont start. What should i do!?

PS: I have already tried to clear the cmos/bios, but still doesnt work. My bios is 2001, i think this bios is the latest and the cpu should work.

Thank you for your answers!
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited July 2008
    I'm not sure on this one, but be sure to check that all your power is plugged in. There is another 4-prong molex receptacle on the mobo that can get overlooked. The 6000+ uses comparatively much more power than the 3500+. You may try to play with your PSU rail distribution or try another PSU of greater rating.
  • edited July 2008
    What is mobo?!
    edited July 2008
    "mobo" is short for motherboard which is your Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe. The receptacle I'm referring to, if I get the picture right, is close to the copper chipset heatsinks that are around your CPU.
  • edited July 2008
    Sorry but i dont understand what do you want me to do?!
  • edited July 2008
    Are you asking me if i have connected the 4-pin connector of the fan or what?!
    edited July 2008
    Identified at about the upper middle part of the picture-

attachment.php?attachmentid=25788&stc=1&d=1217425580
  • edited July 2008
    So, you were asking me if i have connected the 4-pin CPU power connector?! The answer is: yes i have, it has been already connected before, with the old cpu (3500+).

My PSU has two ways to supply power: combined and split. Which shoud i use?!
    edited July 2008
    Before we go much further, you'll have to say more about the behavior you are seeing when you try to turn it on and "it won't start". Does it "die"- i.e., does nothing? Do fans come on at all? Are there any sounds/lights? Are you able to get into BIOS?

Another thought: Check the pins on your CPU- any bent or broke?
  • edited July 2008
    It starts for a few seconds, all the fans start, including the cpu fan, but i cant get in bios. After about 4 seconds it shuts down. There are no sounds. On the monitor is just black screen. I think the cpu is o.k., pins are not bent or broken. I can take a photo of cpu, if you want?!
    edited July 2008
    Okay. The combining and splitting that I know of with a PSU has to do with the connectors (like the 20+4 connector for 20 and 24 pin ATX board power sockets). Simply put, a mobo or card will let you know what connectors it needs by having a socket or receptacle for it. The manual should identify clearly what those are.

Try a couple of simple things if you can.

Disconnect power from non-essential pieces of hardware like CD/DVD drive(s), hard drives, sound card (this will require removing it), etc. Do you have another video card that doesn't use as much power as the 4850?

Turn on the power. Is there a change in behavior? Can you get into BIOS now? If there is a change, I think you need more power for the CPU. Otherwise, my thought is that you may need to RMA that CPU if there is no sign of handling damage.
  • edited July 2008
    This sounds oddly familiar to what happened to me with my current setup. I have an M2N32-SLI DELUXE/WI-FI with a 6000+ X2 and had to RMA my power supply in that instance. That CPU is 125W and the 4850 is a little bit of a monster at peak load.

Good possibility its the Power Supply Unit (PSU). Try swapping it out if at all possible. I'm running a 730W Hiper with a 8800GTS and it runs fine. With that kind of setup I would recommend at least 600W from an efficient PSU (SLI or Xfire Certified couldn't hurt). If the green power light is not glowing you know its either mobo or PSU.

Good luck man!!!

And when you get to change your BIOS I would. Even though 2001 is the newest, I have heard many complaints and issues on the ASUS forum. BIOS is not ASUS' strong suit. I am using 1603 (stable) but most use the good ole' reliable 1201 or 1701 I believe.
  • edited July 2008
    My CPU is 89W and the green power light on the motherboard is glowing.

What means to RMA the CPU or PSU?!
  • edited July 2008
    I have my old video card Nvidia 7600GT.
    edited July 2008
    RMA means "Return to Manufacturer Authorization". It is the honoring of your warranty. Generally, you have contacted the manufacturer and they agree the component is suspect and authorize an exchange of the defective unit for another one.

Also, weewoo87 states an excellent idea I should have restated also. If the trial fails, I STILL would try another PSU of greater rating if you can. If it isn't obvious by now, we both have a strong suspicion that your PSU simply isn't cutting it and you should go after it from that angle. CPUs are, for the most part, a most reliable component and rarely do we see them fail.

EDIT ADDED: The 7600GT should use less power.
  • edited December 2008
    Hi, im new to the fourms but not to the computer world.
    my system specs:
    - asus m2n32 sli deluxe (updated 2101 bios)
    - amd x2 5000+ be (was oced now back to stock)
    - evga geforce 8800gts 512
    - corsair 2gb ddr2 6400 - ram default 2.1v 4-4-4-12 - mobo default 1.9v 5-5-5-18 - have tried ram in both slots and no huge difference
    - wd sata 500gb hdd
    - abs tagen bz 700w psu
    - ZALMAN CNPS8700 heatsink
    - asus sata dvd-rw lightscribe drives (forget specific model) x2

i have a m2n32 sli deluxe, that has been giving me problems for a while now. my comp will randomly black screen crash, that is my screen will go black like i just shut down my comp, exexpt that the comp is still up and running. this doesnt seem to happen at any particular time. its happened while gaming, while doing mem tests, while in bios, and while just sitting idle. when my comp crashes while there is sound 95% of the time the sound stops also, the other 5% sound continues. also i have noticed that my comp usually crashes when i bump it or when my uncle walks by (his walk is basicly stomping around), i dont know if this would cause crashes, just something that i noticed.

i have swaped out the ram for 1.8v default ram and crashes continue. i have run mem test on current ram and no errors. i have replaced my 8800gts with my old x800, and no changes. i have taken my psu out and tested it in another comp, and it didnt crash. this only leaves the hdd, mobo, and cpu that could be at fault. i am going to be replacing the mobo soon, and want to hear from people if they think that the problem is something else.

also today it took 5+ hours to reinstall windows, comp wouldnt be stable long enough to get through the install. and to clearify with the ram, i have tried 2 different sets of ram in both slots, with v ranging from 1.8 t.o 2.1 in .25 increments. finally the the crashes seem to be random when not occuring when vibrations are happening at the same time, i have crashed while booting up and have been stable for 8+hours.

edit: os is win xp sp2 - dont know specific build
  • edited December 2008
    maaudio12 wrote:
    Hi, im new to the fourms but not to the computer world.
    my system specs:
    - asus m2n32 sli deluxe (updated 2101 bios)
    - amd x2 5000+ be (was oced now back to stock)
    - evga geforce 8800gts 512
    - corsair 2gb ddr2 6400 - ram default 2.1v 4-4-4-12 - mobo default 1.9v 5-5-5-18 - have tried ram in both slots and no huge difference
    - wd sata 500gb hdd
    - abs tagen bz 700w psu
    - ZALMAN CNPS8700 heatsink
    - asus sata dvd-rw lightscribe drives (forget specific model) x2

We both have the exact same Mobo & BIOS version. Exact same CPU, heatsink, Video card type, and same Memory brand and I left mine at its default memory timing too (2GB total).

My system has been pretty stable since I built this about 2 years ago. I've disabled the integrated sound in the BIOS as I've use Sound Blaster instead which I bought separately. Also, I disabled the Mobo's built-in wifi as that integration is just garbage.

Problem: I recently bought two more 2GB memory sticks from Newegg for about $39 compare to about $350 two years ago. Now I have a total of 4GB but my system is pretty unstable. I get random crashes just like you. But when took off 1 of the memory stick down to 3GB total, it behaves pretty well again. I run XP Pro and it only sees 3.5 GB anyway so I'll just leave one out for backup. I'm still not a happy camper as I like to fill up all memory 4 channels since I have the resource. I don't believe ASUS fully tested the 4 channel with our version of the Corsair memory rating. Any update on your system?
  • edited January 2009
    Hi, I have a little problem with a MOBO M2N32SLI Deluxe the problem is just with Windows Vista 32 and 64 bits, with Windows XP all is fine; When I turn ON the computer all looks fine no message of error or bluescreen charge windows aparently fine but when I tried to do anything its to slowly and I dont have ethernet even if I re-install windows, the problem is fixed if just reset the machine, after reset all works perfect, the problem is just when I turn ON the computer; I tried to change memory to another SLOTS and didnt works I change the BIOS Version for 1903 but didnt work too I hope that somebody can give an Idea to fixed this problem
    Thanks!!!!:)

MOBO ASUS M2N32SLI Deluxe Wireless EDITION
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200
    6GB RAM 4 Corsair and 2 Kingston 800 Mhz
    ATI Vision Tek X1300 512MB
    2 SATA Segate 250GB
    1 SATA Segate 500GB
    Minithypoon Cooler
    Asus Sata DVD+-/RW
    Pionneer DVD-+/RW
    Actually Windows Vista 64 BITS
  • edited January 2009
    Hi, I have a little problem with a MOBO M2N32SLI Deluxe the problem is just with Windows Vista 32 and 64 bits, with Windows XP all is fine; When I turn ON the computer all looks fine no message of error or bluescreen charge windows aparently fine but when I tried to do anything its to slowly and I dont have ethernet even if I re-install windows, the problem is fixed if just reset the machine, after reset all works perfect, the problem is just when I turn ON the computer; I tried to change memory to another SLOTS and didnt works I change the BIOS Version for 1903 but didnt work too I hope that somebody can give an Idea to fixed this problem
    Thanks!!!!:)

MOBO ASUS M2N32SLI Deluxe Wireless EDITION
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200
    6GB RAM 4 Corsair and 2 Kingston 800 Mhz
    ATI Vision Tek X1300 512MB
    2 SATA Segate 250GB
    1 SATA Segate 500GB
    Minithypoon Cooler
    Asus Sata DVD+-/RW
    Pionneer DVD-+/RW
    Actually Windows Vista 64 BITS

Hi Betelgeusen,

I'll advise you read the 1st post and config your mobo according to the suggestions. 2nd, I don think mix brand of RAM is a good idea. If you want to have a good test, leave one of the brand RAM out; cosair or kingston..:D
  • edited February 2009
    Hi from SF Bay area,

Have had this MB and comp since jan of '08 ... worked fine for a bit... then after a month or so , i began getting BSOD... Lived with it for months thinking it was Ram. Found this forum. I ve noticed the scratching is speakers also btw, i dont mind.

Anyways After 5 full reinstalls, Ram testing, Ram switching, bios updates etc etc etc ... etc .. etc... I have gotten it down to 0 BSOD ... but it still basicaly is a BSOD because the comp hasnt been able to be astable playing games that require HIGH LOADS such as WOW ... this is why i bought the comp, now instead of BSOD i get WOW crashes over and over" ..

My remedy, accepting that my MB IS a POS and cant wait to replace it, temporary remedy is i go in BIOS switch ram slots, timings, voltage, skew etc etc for about 20-30 minutes , untill usually the 4th or 5th switch gives me a Stable WOW to play for ... about 3-7 days. I guess i should RMA , mayby to late for that iono, but i cant afford a new MB at the time and im in a top 10 US guild and raid 4 times a week, cant afford to lose my spot... this is my QQ post ... ive given up on fixes and just accepted temporary stability untill i can afford another MB. (Asus is never getting another penny of mine...which probably screws me way more then them
    seeing as all the products are Fing awesome ... except the fluke ones like this POS MB)

Asus M2n32-sli Deluxe
    2x 1024 Corsair at 4-4-4-12 2T 2.1V Manual timing
    8600GTS - Nvidia drivers
    Vista 64 - 2x 3.3ghz AMD 64
    Nothing overclocked etc...
    Latest bios update (Asus updater doesnt support Vista64 updates from windows only xp, i have no floppy and no burner... so i cant update bios so im very hesitent to flash them)(Updated them when i had XP and used nvidia updater to do it while still in windows so hesitent to flash bios seeins as i cant update them now that i have vista
    Every driver updated to newest including 590sli nvida, IDE nvdia, soundmax, etc etc. dont even remember anymore, done with trying to fix this

IVE ACCEPTED THIS BEING A TRASH MB( almost bald from pulling out my hair trying to fix this for months!! :rarr:)

GL to u guys.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Welcome to Icrontic Dachicas. What power supply are you running? A generic PSU could be causing your problems if it's not feeding your system good clean, stable power. Also you might try dropping your RAM to DDR2-800 speed, slower timings, and 1.8v. It shouldn't impact your WoW playing too much and might net you better stability. One further thing to look at is your temps. If your CPU is getting too hot, you will see re-starts.
  • edited February 2009
    Well you encouraged me to start trouble shooting this again for like the 3rd month now. Seems the stability is getting bad, i used to go through 2-4 Ram setting changes(volate / timing / skew /) then i would be stable for a few days. Since posting I tried the 1.9voltage change and it stablaized for 2 days. Well it started crashing again, wow that is. Im running a purepower500w power supply. And my ram is ddr2-800 4-4-4-4-12 recomendation.

Ive been reading the forum and changed the cpuv to 1.45 . I guess i should be gratefull seeing as how i have managed to fix alot of issues , regarding BSOD, then Freezeup's , then blackscreen restarts. My comp is stable in terms of staying on, but just the issue of highload programs such as WOW , instead of bsod/freeze/crash WOW(online game with high load) just crashes , over and over and over.

Also tried upping the cpuv to 1.45 , started getting Comp freezes and restarts, took it back down to auto, had to use reset pins for default MB settings. Set skew to 450 , ram 4-4-4-4-12 1.9v 2t manual. Have run WOW for 2 hours without a crash, but ive been here before , it will start crashing again in a few hours, days etc... somone please assist :(

(And though I understand the people here wanting me to check other hardware issues, i have done this over the past few months extensively, and have come to the conclusion that the MB is just JUNK, i just need a fix to get it stable under high load gaming)
    PS: Thank you very much for the help and the countless others posting on these forums. Ive went from BSOD - FREEZE - BLACKSCREEN RESTARTS to WOW crashing constantly. A huge improvement over the past few months to the stability of the comp. But as stated before, i purchased this comp for WOW playing Specificaly. Somone please assist me in getting my comp to full stability under big loads.

also - How would i check my bios version* When i updated it was to the newest version about 1 month ago. I didnt flash the bios so i know it didnt reset, and i have skew options, just curiouse as to where the bios version can be viewed
  • edited February 2009
    Well you encouraged me to start trouble shooting this again for like the 3rd month now. Seems the stability is getting bad, i used to go through 2-4 Ram setting changes(volate / timing / skew /) then i would be stable for a few days. Since posting I tried the 1.9voltage change and it stablaized for 2 days. Well it started crashing again, wow that is. Im running a purepower500w power supply. And my ram is ddr2-800 4-4-4-4-12 recomendation.

Ive been reading the forum and changed the cpuv to 1.45 . I guess i should be gratefull seeing as how i have managed to fix alot of issues , regarding BSOD, then Freezeup's , then blackscreen restarts. My comp is stable in terms of staying on, but just the issue of highload programs such as WOW , instead of bsod/freeze/crash WOW(online game with high load) just crashes , over and over and over.

Also tried upping the cpuv to 1.45 , started getting Comp freezes and restarts, took it back down to auto, had to use reset pins for default MB settings. Set skew to 450 , ram 4-4-4-4-12 1.9v 2t manual. Have run WOW for 2 hours without a crash, but ive been here before , it will start crashing again in a few hours, days etc... somone please assist :(

(And though I understand the people here wanting me to check other hardware issues, i have done this over the past few months extensively, and have come to the conclusion that the MB is just JUNK, i just need a fix to get it stable under high load gaming)
    PS: Thank you very much for the help and the countless others posting on these forums. Ive went from BSOD - FREEZE - BLACKSCREEN RESTARTS to WOW crashing constantly. A huge improvement over the past few months to the stability of the comp. But as stated before, i purchased this comp for WOW playing Specificaly. Somone please assist me in getting my comp to full stability under big loads.

also - How would i check my bios version* When i updated it was to the newest version about 1 month ago. I didnt flash the bios so i know it didnt reset, and i have skew options, just curiouse as to where the bios version can be viewed

Continued reading up on this on other forums, seems like the forums are dieing, so im assuming people have found solutions to keeping there comps stable. Well im still in the process of doing so, seems with updated chipset drivers, bios, and sound drivers, only tweaking with the voltage and dram timming seems to provide some stability for a few hours or days , nothing truly "fixed". Ive began researching bios versions and noticed no one stating updating to 2101 or anything near new. Seems like everyone solved there stability issues a while ago with older bios versions, im currently trying 6 diff versions ranging from 603 - 2101, reseting default on bios then flashing to newer version and changing voltage to 1.9v and 4-4-4-12 2t 450skew with each version. Hopefully this will work.

Seems like the forums dead , somone assist? :D
  • edited May 2009
    Hi everyone. I'm facing some problems with a m2n32 too, hope you guys can help me...

my build is:

athlon 64x2 4200+
    Zalman NT9700 cooler
    4x1gb DDR2-800
    m2n32-SLI Deluxe
    Corsair vx550 power supply
    1 IDE DVD drive
    1 Sata-II seagate barracuda 7200.11 500gb HDD
    8800GT GPU
    windows Vista x64 Ultimate SP 1

I have this build for 2 years now, and didn't change any piece of it for more than a year, and didn't update any drivers for some months also.

Last week I started to have some stability issues, with my machine getting extremy slow, and when I try to reboot, it sometimes stop during boot time, before the mouse cursor appears, and when this happens, my HDD won't detect in BIOS until I change its SATA port. when I change, sometimes it will boot, sometimes won't. I have been searching for any causes of the problem, and thought it to be the nForce drivers (i have ForceWare v15.25 installed for some time now), but even when I try to reinstall vista, during the loading of files it takes forever to finish, and never gets to the graphical interface.

I know my HDD is ok, since it still boots ocasionally, and when it does, I can access any files for about an hour, and then it gets really slow, and I have to reboot, and then it won't detect my HDD until I turn off the PC and change SATA ports, and keep doing it until I get lucky to boot...

I suspected faulty hardware, but before it got this way, I kept my PC running without even rebooting it for weeks, whitout any single error.

I also suspected overheating, but all my coolers are clean, the case is open now, and neither the HDD nor the CPU/GPU gets hot. the only part that gets hot is the chipset, but it always did get hot before, and my pc never showed any overheating problems, even in hotter days (here in my region is winter now)

I've read this thread, and tried all the suggestions in here, none worked. my BIOS is flashed to the latest version also, but the problem continues.

anyone has been through this, or have any suggestion?

thanks in advance
  • edited May 2009
    Just for kicks, I uninstalled the soundmax driver, and the two microsoft HD audio hotfixes.

I rebooted, and reinstalled the latest soundmax drivers... And during the install, a bluescreen IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_NOT_EQUAL blah blah blah... :wtf:

conflicting or missing files/updates software/hardware related issues/errors means things got messed up(especially if its a virus trojan or what have you not)in any case nothing can help you now try a reinstall and try then again.
  • edited May 2009
    let me know if this work's for any one of you people.

first try a reinstall back up all data .
    that is ofcourse if want to get this over with right away.
    this is what i suggest....if that doesnt solve it then follow this for issues of similar types errors etc(easy ways to get around hardware troubles)

Reseating everything from scratch helps espeicialy out of the case for maximum sucess rate

Try removing the motherboard from the case and test on a piece of cardboard or something non conductive with just the motherboard, CPU, RAM and vid card. Do not hook up any drives or extra cards.
    If that doesn't work, try using only 1 stick of RAM and move it to different slots then try the other stick(s) in different slots.for other similar relatedcomputer issues shutting down etc also a short circuit can cause random shuttdowns decreasing speeds help's sometimes ,in the bios clear cmos /battery out for 1 or 2 minutes.

also try lowering the cpu speed in your case.reset cmos.etc...

Dont forget every riser on the mobo and case for good clean contact. inspect all parts and so on... take your time.be careful.turn the switch of the powersupply to off or better yet unplug.

And finnaly follow the installation of xp/vista etc very carefully.if anything misses during installation(you gotta reinstall again and again if you have to) it could be the disk(try cleaning) or hard disk or optical drive.tune up utilities is also a good program to have for disk health issues defraging other cleaning helps.mildly..

this has got to help...for deeper troubleshooting

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83557

by the way it might not be the boards fault to early for you to make accusations. imho i have a similar board and so far it's the best board ive owned.(fingers crossed)
    besides the north brige heating up i think its a good board.(i use a small fan to keep it cool)sometimes outside honeywell fan as well when playing ut3...
    im at day like 12 on the internet with no signs of heat or signs of weaknesswith this board ocz 2 1 gigabyte pc 6400 vista edition memmory athlon 5200 windsor 1950 xt 1billion color supprted grapghics card and jvc 32 inch lcd monitor(crt killer) capable of displaying 1 billion colors at 720p thermaltake toughpower 600 watts bluray hddvd combo lexa red case western digital win xp.
    the system itself has been running solid for almost 2 years...never shutt down when it was working stable.never did no updates using all my original cds that came with the hardware.

when things in win xp get messed up there is sometimes no turning back only a fresh new install is the true simple remedy.unless you are really advanced, again these are simple but effective techniques that have worked for me hope it helps let me nkow ok gl.

when it fails start back at step 1 ...Reseating everything from scratch helps espeicialy out of the case for maximum sucess rate.and so on..:rockon:the array of doing things is hard for me to remember so i do this.its simple for me this way.this might not be for everyone but im sure it will help someone.cheers...

P>S>i just stand by my pc and it turns on lol
    now the only problem is that avg and zonealarm are not on the startup who nkows what happen to them again after a while i will start getting errors again thats the way it goes...but not yet ....
  • edited May 2009
    thanks for your reply, I tried as you suggest, removing everything and so, tested the disk from this pc I'm typing now, ran memory tests, and downclocked CPU, memory timings and all this sort of things. Only thing I couldn't change was my GPU.

The fact is, that's not the first time it happens. the first time, I thought it to be HDD problem, and bought another one. but the suspected HDD is still in use, as a general data drive, while windows was installed on the new HDD.

Now, I'm trying to reinstall vista with only the newest HDD on, from a USB device, so I can plug off my DVD drive too, but it also won't work...

With everything on, or everything off, after some minutes turned on, my pc will simply stop recognizing my HDD until I turn it off and on again.

During Vista Installation, it takes forever to load all files, and when it does, never shows the graphical interface background, or menus, just the black screen with the mouse cursor, trying forever to read the HDD, but with no success.

Zero-Filling any of the HDDs won't be possible, as I have sensitive data in both of them, and couldn't back up in time.

as I solved this problem once, I guess with a random solution, or something I did I can't quite remember right now, I'm searching for someone who has suffered the same problem, and maybe can help me solve mine

again, thanks for the reply, and sorry for bad english