Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe stability problems

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Yeah I snagged that from their ftp last night (ftp.asus.com). It's not up on their website yet, but there it is - I'm running it now and my machine seems stable.
    edited January 2007
    Hey Marcus:
    he board is (was?) incredibly picky with ram. It actually took two or three bios revisions before half of our ram worked properly and we had constant spd testing. After we consulted Asus, they implemented an option in the -32 board called SKEW. Set it to Advanced 450 on both channels and use +.1 more volts on the ram than specified. Also setting the timings manually to 5-5-5-15 or whatever the ram is specified for, instead of just running auto, helps a great deal. Note that the non -32 board does NOT have the SKEW option. In case you still have ram problems with the non -32 board, i highly suggest you rma the board and purchase another. The -32 board however, is a very good board once you have done the changes i mentioned above.

I tried this tonight and suddenly was getting hard locks, etc. Perhaps this is something that is not good to do with the newest bios revision 0811?
  • urdurd
    edited January 2007
    am going to repeat my above question, since nobody read it in that heap of words :p

are all of you running on 2T Command Rate with this motherboard?
    edited January 2007
    I'm running on 2T
  • urdurd
    edited January 2007
    i see ..

well ever since i've removed IDE Drivers, i haven't ventured on running the Rams on 1T. Last time when i tried to run em at 1T, it would crash on Post.
  • urdurd
    edited January 2007
    an excellent board indeed .. i've been running my processor from 2GHz to 2.70GHz @ 1:3 5-5-5-16 ..

awesome board indeed when it runs stably that is :D
    edited January 2007
    They released a new official BIOS!

Bios 0903
    Asus wrote:
    Enhance memory stability
    Enhance compatibility with FX62 CPU if setting AiBooster overclock option at Standard
    Support new CPUs.
  • urdurd
    edited January 2007
    thanks for the heads up.. :)
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    They released a new official BIOS!

Bios 0903

Yeah! my FX is finally given some lovin'

hmm...linkage isn't working for me.
    edited January 2007
    Keep trying. That's a link to only one of Asus' FTP servers. If its full, you have to try again in a few minutes.
    edited January 2007
    cool just worked :)
    edited January 2007
    More good news on the M2N32-SLI front. I gues ASUS is finally coming around to updating this beast.

FRESH off the Asus FTP, I just noticed it now and grabbed it. You can download it from our server:

The newest Soundmax 1988B driver (win32): version 5.10.01.6100
  • edited January 2007
    More good news on the M2N32-SLI front. I gues ASUS is finally coming around to updating this beast.

FRESH off the Asus FTP, I just noticed it now and grabbed it. You can download it from our server:

The newest Soundmax 1988B driver (win32): version 5.10.01.6100

Great news :)
  • edited January 2007
    Its rather funny how ASUS havent updated this new audio driver onto their site yet!! Glad your a regular FTP spy primesuspect!!

This is the last time I'm ever purchasing an ASUS board! I think I'll go Abit or DFI next time, as this support is rather disgusting! :Rocker:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Warpy, to each his own concerning motherboard purchases. I don't doubt at all that your experience with the M2N32-SLI Deluxe has been just short of traumatic. Don't dismiss Asus, though. I have used many different brands, and as a group, Asus is the best compromise of stability, reliability, quality, and performance out there. Unfortunately, the M2N32-SLI Deluxe has been their juvenile delinquent.
    edited January 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    Unfortunately, the M2N32-SLI Deluxe has been their juvenile delinquent.

Thats an understatement :wink: . I think that next time I'll get a more "tried and true" board rather than a "cutting edge" one. Just to be safe :thumbsup: .

BTW this board still delivers as soon as you deal with its many wicked stepsisters.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited January 2007
    Warpy wrote:
    Its rather funny how ASUS havent updated this new audio driver onto their site yet!! Glad your a regular FTP spy primesuspect!!

This is the last time I'm ever purchasing an ASUS board! I think I'll go Abit or DFI next time, as this support is rather disgusting! :Rocker:

Yeah, but I've never seen a motherboard manufacturer update the drivers on their website when the original supplier of the IC's updates the drivers for them.
  • edited January 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Thats an understatement :wink: . I think that next time I'll get a more "tried and true" board rather than a "cutting edge" one. Just to be safe :thumbsup: .

BTW this board still delivers as soon as you deal with its many wicked stepsisters.

Hi FreeC8675, i totally agree with u! Although when u have this beast running, it's a very fine device :).

1 Month ago I had my Corsair memory replaced because one of the pieces was defect when i used it at the 4-4-4-12-T2 timings (2.1 V). Since the replacement i have had no blue screens of DEATH anymore.

But i do have remaining or new problem. It occurs when i have multiple downloads or rar extractions running on a disc. What happens is that i get a report about a writing error. After that everything crashes or hangs. When i reboot my system is fine again.

When i look in my log's it says one of the following messages:

The devicedriver has found a controller error in \Device\Harddisk2\D.

(translated from dutch: "Het stuurprogramma heeft een controllerfout gevonden in \Device\Harddisk2\D")

Or

Programpop-up: Windows - Delayed write executions have failed : Can't save all data for file F:\$BitMap. The data has been lost. This error can be caused by an error in the computerhardware of networkconnection.

(translated from dutch: "Toepassingspop-up: Windows - Uitgestelde schrijfbewerkingen zijn mislukt : Kan niet alle gegevens voor bestand F:\$BitMap opslaan. De gegevens zijn verloren gegaan. Deze fout kan zijn veroorzaakt door een fout in de computerhardware of netwerkverbinding. Probeer het bestand ergens anders op te slaan.")

Does anyone of u have any idea what can be the problem?

Connected to the M2N32-SLI Deluxe i have these discs:

WDC WD740ADFD-00NLR1 (Raptor OS disc)
    WDC WD3200KS-00PFB0 (data disc)
    WDC WD3200KS-00PFB0 (data disc)

The drivers for the SATA discs are:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PartMgr.sys

Each disc is connect to this own SATA controller (u know the 6 SATA connectors on the mainboard, two banks form 1 SATA controller i assume?)

The drivers for the SATA controller are:
    NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA Controller

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nvatabus.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\idecoi.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\idecoiins.dll

(fileversion: 5.10.2600.0666 built by: WinDDK)

On each SATA controller connected to a disc i have use the following settings (each disc is connected to the Primary Channel)
    Let BIOS select transer mode (on)
    Enable read caching (on)
    Enable write caching (on)
    Enable command queuing (on)

Does anyone have any idea what can cause this problems? or does anyone have similar problems?

Thanks!
    edited January 2007
    Ilandor wrote:
    Many thanks to you all.
    I have had the same Problem:

- MB: ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless
    - HD: 3 x WD - SATA-2

- Error: Kernal data inpage error

=> Tryed to solve the problem to change my RAM from A1/B1 to A2/B2
    => No bluescreen but error messages in the eventlog: controllererror /dev/hd1/D ...

To solve this Problem => NForce-IDE-Driver deinstallet

And now, it works :celebrate

Thank you all!!
    :p

Try this out erik (unless if you already have). His problems seem very similar to yours.
  • edited January 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    Try this out erik (unless if you already have). His problems seem very similar to yours.

I wish, but i don't have the IDE nvidia drivers installed. So it cannot be that.. Which drivers did u use for the sata controllers?
    edited January 2007
    Here's mine, it looks like we got the same ones?
    Presentation1.gif
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, but which drivers did u use for that?

This is my screen there: (see attached picture)..
    pic.PNG 37.4K
    edited January 2007
    What do you mean? the SATA controller drivers I used came straight from the cd, My hard drives were recognized by windows so I didn't do anything special with them.
  • edited January 2007
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    What do you mean? the SATA controller drivers I used came straight from the cd, My hard drives were recognized by windows so I didn't do anything special with them.

Yeah, i tried that last night again. For some reason all SATA controllers disappeared and only the shark thing remained.

But i also don't know yet if it's a 1 controller/disk problem or more spread. So i guess i'll start testing each disc & controller seperately.

Strange thing is though, that when i was using the BETA 0810 bios version i didn't have those problems. AND since i flashed the new 09** bios version i have these problems. Maybe it's a BIOS setting?

Thanks!
    edited January 2007
    Good luck mate:thumbsup:
  • edited January 2007
    Hey guys and gals, hope you guys can help me with this one. :D

I recenlty built a new rig over the holidays, of course going with the M2N32 SLI Deluxe Wireless. Stabilty wise, its fine.

4x 512 OCZ ram
    WD 80 gig HD
    AMD 64 X2 5200+ 2.6 dual core
    Geforce 7950 OCGT 512 mb.
    Performance cooling as well. Zalman for all my cooling.(air based, no water.)

My issue isn't with the actual PC stability, its my network stability useing the Nforce 590 network controller.

Im a gamer, mostly online, so the best way i can throw examples is what games it mess's with.

World of Warcraft, never have an issue, im usually below the servers avg. ping.

Its when i play my FPS's that things get really wierd.

I can log into a game, connect to the server and usually play 1 or 2 rounds, till i start getting huge packet loss.

Im still connected, my connection won't get lost completely, i have lagged out for over 2 minutes in battlefield 2 but was still able to come back after the "lag spike" and keep playing, until it happened again.

I updated the asus bios to 0903, but it gave me some issues, and i went back to the 07XX one. I updated my nforce drivers to the 93.71v as well as my sound, GFX and my linksys router firmware.

I do have first packet on, but i even diabled it and i get the same issue. I DO NOT have TCP/IP acceleration on due to the fact that it won't let me cause i have a "firewall" on my system, even when i exit my firewall program and disable the "basic" windows firewall it still does not let me activate TCP/IP acceleration.

Im rather confused. I can ping fine, i can browse the internet fine, there is a small issue when i boot up, it takes at least a minute for my network to initialize where i can't even go on the internet when i first boot up. ( i keep my startup programs to a minimum) AI booster, SoundMax, and my virus protection and firewall program, and no its not nortons and mcafee's.

Is anyone else haveing issues like this that could point me in the right direction. I have been on asus and nvidia's website for any type of help, but there is nothing about the 590's network controller at all.

thanks again

Teno
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I have seen issues related to the nVidia firewall software causing network instability. On a friend's PC, we had to install only the network driver and go without nVidia's firewall in order for his PC to remain stable.
    edited January 2007
    My friend had to remove the Nvidia firewall to even get his internet working on our college network.
  • edited January 2007
    as in the Network Manager and the Bus controllers?
  • urdurd
    edited January 2007
    yes remove those two..