The Official Folding Gauntlet Thread - Name your enemy!

Comments

• edited August 2004
    You have a couple of days left MM. Looks like Jack has anywhere from 8 months to a year at the moment for me to catch up to him depending on how production falls on a particular day. I'm sure you'll have an answer within these next few months as you always do eh Jack? Oh well, may as well dive right in....jihad on witenoiz (whew, never thought I'd ever hear myself say that one).

KingFish
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Holy crap, I didnt realize you were gonna pass me in 4 DAYS!!!!
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited August 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    You have a couple of days left MM. Looks like Jack has anywhere from 8 months to a year at the moment for me to catch up to him depending on how production falls on a particular day. I'm sure you'll have an answer within these next few months as you always do eh Jack? Oh well, may as well dive right in....jihad on witenoiz (whew, never thought I'd ever hear myself say that one).

KingFish
    I do declare you DID declare that challenge. I have watched my production decline so much in the past week I thought I was dead meat for everyone. We had a storm rumble through here last night and it knocked 6 blades off line. :rant: When I was setting everything back up I saw that I had a total of 8 other's that were not working - they were on but not folding! I'm not sure how long that has been going on - but I'm back up a little today. :topic: By the way, since I started F @ H a little over a year ago only 2 people have ever passed me. DesertFolk had access to over 150 machines and he went by me in an instant - but I am still #4 on that team. I am #1 on the team I started last April and as j-rok, still hold down #9 at EOC (RealBeast passed me over there - but I regained that position) Overall in a little over a year I have accumulated 441,644 points for 4 teams with 2 names. Good luck on the jihad - you can have me for lunch in a year. :thumbsup: Jack
  • edited August 2004
    I hope you never decide to consolidate your machines to fend off the challenge. Are all the machines you use to fold for all the teams at your house? BTW, awesome production. It'll be fun to see where this all winds up.

KingFish
    edited August 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    I hope you never decide to consolidate your machines to fend off the challenge. Are all the machines you use to fold for all the teams at your house? BTW, awesome production. It'll be fun to see where this all winds up.

KingFish
    For the record, I only fold for one team :) and that would be Team Short-Media. Yes, all 26 are at my house (2 of them are P4's with HT) I have 4 at unreliable friends houses so they won't count anymore. I hope to be here for a long time. If I can get past next April 1st, :whatever: things should be smooth from then on. :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2004
    LOL, funny you should say that. I was going to make mention of last April 1st but I didn't want to rehash that again. Take a vacation that week, or, better yet, we'll bound and gag Keebs or just unplug his internet so he can't pull any more shenanigans like that next time. I have about five of those unreliable friends myself, maybe they know yours.

KF
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited September 2004
    Well I am WAY off throwing down the gauntlet to those of you who have been folding for many months - but I am determined to stay in the top 10
    and I actually surprised myself today with this - have a little pile of 20 odd PIII's that do a WU in about 5 days - but it really does boost the stats

Look out big boys - here I come :mean:

:smokin:
    edited September 2004
    Heck yeah P3s will do the trick!!
    edited September 2004
    Well in 121 days mmonnin you better look over your sholder :grr:

Hehehehehehehe
    edited September 2004
    OMG is that it? That soon!
  • edited September 2004
    That's some awesome production you have going there, tcith. Keep up the great folding and maybe some day you can knock me off too, but don't expect me to just roll over and die for you to do it! :D
    edited September 2004
    muddocktor wrote:
    That's some awesome production you have going there, tcith. Keep up the great folding and maybe some day you can knock me off too, but don't expect me to just roll over and die for you to do it! :D

Um I don;t think I will set my sights that high yet - let's see I can overtake you in your 1538 days - not sure if 4 years+ is really something I can look ahead too :bawling:

So I think your safe from the Aussie battler
    edited September 2004
    WAY WAY :topic: While reading through pages 6 to 12 or so in this thread I was thinking I might get a new Plasma 42" wide screen to keep all of the posts on the page. I like the horizontal scroll once in awhile but I am more used to the verticle. This has been good for my mouse training skills.

OK- back on topic!! tcith I yam watching you speed up on me - I am helpless (make that hapless) At least you guys let me stay in the top 10 for a while longer. :bawling: Jack
    edited September 2004
    witenoiz wrote:
    WAY WAY :topic: While reading through pages 6 to 12 or so in this thread I was thinking I might get a new Plasma 42" wide screen to keep all of the posts on the page. I like the horizontal scroll once in awhile but I am more used to the verticle. This has been good for my mouse training skills.

OK- back on topic!! tcith I yam watching you speed up on me - I am helpless (make that hapless) At least you guys let me stay in the top 10 for a while longer. :bawling: Jack

I have a nice 42" Plasma - it's fabby for X-box

Now I hardly think 723 days is "speeding up on you" :rolleyes:

hmm I will be chuffed when I make the top 100 shortly - the top 10 is just a dream
    edited September 2004
    tcith wrote:
    hmm I will be chuffed when I make the top 100 shortly - the top 10 is just a dream

Top 100 indeed and congratulations - you are really moving! Now along with you I have KingFish right on my tail, Enisada coming on strong, and JonsHandbrake ( you Australlians know how to fold ) My production has dropped and I noticed a lot of units are out of date cuss.gif I have got to quit playing with this DVD stuff. Jack
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2004
    Eyesonly, I'm a comin for you. Took me a while but you're going down. :ukflag:
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Trading places with " TheSmj"

Since I added the last 2500 mobile earlier this week TheSmj and I have been trading places just about every points update. Judging from our weekly points this may go on for some time.

Good for the team .

Scott
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited September 2004
    I've got an awful lot of GREEN ahead of me! I am currently seeking out revenge on those who have passed me in months past. Including (but not limited to):
    SFHS (Entropy)
    CrazyJoe0813
    AZBigDog
    Missleman
    RADA

What happened to all of you? A couple months ago almost all of you had production to put me to shame! My biggest challenge right now is undoubtedly AZBigDog. I will go slightly faster for the time being (I started OCing again) but for now EOC estimates 155 days.

A taste of the people keeping me from the Top 100... :woowoo:
    Only two users on this page are going too fast for me to handle, and I can't scroll that far up to show them. :rarr:
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited September 2004
    First on the X list...

Shorty and Thrax... be afriad. Be very afraid.

:)
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    PressX please pass me already so I don't have to look at your crazy upslope on my summary :)

Gr81 you ought to kick it up just a bit, you've no chance of beating me and several others to top 100 as it stands.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited September 2004
    EMT wrote:
    PressX please pass me already so I don't have to look at your crazy upslope on my summary :) ...
    That's telling him! :buck:
    PressX wrote:
    First on the X list...

Shorty and Thrax... be afriad. Be very afraid.

:)
    PressX, considering your arsenal you shouldn't limit yourself to only two victims. The top 100 had better be prepared for a shake-up in the standings.

:respect: to all :celebrate
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited September 2004
    EMT... I suspect by this time tomorrow it will not be a problem for you...

Prof... Trying my best... need to perhaps spend some time tweaking the clients.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited September 2004
    EMT wrote:
    Gr81 you ought to kick it up just a bit, you've no chance of beating me and several others to top 100 as it stands.
    I know... :bawling: I wish I could add more, but I simply don't have any more processors available to me. :(

Just doing my best... with a HT P4 2.8C and PIII 600.
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited September 2004
    I never thought I'd be able to say this.....

CSIMON, I declare war on you!

:woowoo: :eek2:

Then he went and over double his production. Sweet...T1rhino should declare war maybe he'll double again.
    edited September 2004
    I'm not sure who to declare war on these days - I guess everyone is the top 50 :grr:

Quake in your boots and be cast aside by the mighty Australian advancement ... or er..um... words to that effect :rolleyes:

Fold on! :ausflag:
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited September 2004
    I won't declare war just to anyone on our team just yet.
    But here are some suckers that I should fly past within the next week. :rarr:
  • edited September 2004
    Yeah, the one thing that sucks about being in the top ten is that everyone up there tends to be an excellent producer and there are few pickings to declare jihad on. You tend to become a jihad target if your production slips. I like the idea of declaring jihad on members of other teams, even if they don't know it. Or, go to their forums and tell them, hehe.

KF
    edited September 2004
    t1rhino wrote:
    I won't declare war just to anyone on our team just yet.
    But here are some suckers that I should fly past within the next week. :rarr:

How about you stay with with the Goony up there.;)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited October 2004
    Eyesonly, change your sig mate. It's out of date. :(
  • VicodinVicodin Chicago
    edited October 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    Yeah, the one thing that sucks about being in the top ten is that everyone up there tends to be an excellent producer and there are few pickings to declare jihad on. You tend to become a jihad target if your production slips.
    KF

I feel like I have a bullseye painted on my forehead.

I hate when I lose boxes.
This discussion has been closed.