The Official Folding Gauntlet Thread - Name your enemy!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    ...I haven't looked at other teams' production to see if there are similar trends...
    I checked and of the eight teams above us, six had pretty much the same downward-sloping graph that we do. Team Eggroll is way up (due to their recruiting push) and overclockers.com is holding their own.

I think it's project-wide. This comes as a relief (of sorts). I had added my sister new P4 2.26 (which I just rebuilt for them) but have seen my production dip about 10%. My stats at EOC show that April 5th and 6th were truly horrible days (less than 50% of average). Maybe once they're out of the weekly calculation things will look a little better.
  • edited April 2004
    Thanks prof. I was becoming alarmed at my production but am relieved a bit now. I wasn't liking the thought of our team production going down either.

KingFish
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2004
    Next Target: Alexander_Vandenberg. 5 days and counting
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Next Target: Alexander_Vandenberg. 5 days and counting
    Who is he, anyway? He keeps on churning them out like crazy. :rockon:
    edited April 2004
    Grr I forget that guys actual real username. Used to be more active.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2004
    I over took my first target, EyesOnly, earlier today, but all he's got folding is an older rig. I know I'm gonna make big jumps with my next two WU's, worth 135 points (p212) and 70.9 points (p693). The thing is, I don't know who ahead of me is really an active folder. So I guess my target is everyone 200-300 points ahead of me! :thumbsup:
    edited April 2004
    Click the bottom 2 links in my sig. They show users production so you can check if they are active.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited April 2004
    I'll be back. :rarr: Sometime :(. BTW now i'm chasing you. hehe. :)
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2004
    dexter is still square in my sights despite his extra 2.8c (i still have 2 of them damnit!!!!) i'm gonna add an extra axp today
    edited April 2004
    Dangit, you guys taking about adding boxes to you arsenal that are equal or better than my computer just makes me feel so inadequete. :banghead: :bawling: You guys suck! :rant:
    edited April 2004
    Almost hate to say it, Terry is next on my list to pass. Its almost wrong to pass him...almost.;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Yeah, I'm sure you feel REALLY bad about it :rarr:;D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Given enough time before I start my next career and move, I see number of dominoes that will fall. :eek2::D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Another 2360 days and you're mine!
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited April 2004
    Cam. I haven't counted it out but it's several months away yet. Slow, creeeeeping creaking conquest. I'm like 9,000 behind and gaining 300/wk or so. Cya around Halloween *BOO*:Canflag:
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited May 2004
    TheBaron wrote:
    dexter is still square in my sights despite his extra 2.8c (i still have 2 of them damnit!!!!) i'm gonna add an extra axp today

You are getting smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror, buddy, and you've dropped off my threat list for several days now :)

Jon's Handbrake slid past me though :mean: Nice folding JH :)

Dexter...
    edited May 2004
    I've got a new threat! SFHS (aka entr0py) is right behind me! I passed him up easy a couple weeks ago I think, and I was almost doubling his production. Now he's about 28 days from passing me. All that's between me and him is 16 ranks (soon to be 18, the p3 just turned in a 44 point WU) and a certain milestone. ;D I ain't through yet! I was thouroghly surprised to see anyone there, especially him. I haven't had a threat since phoenix, and none before that, i think. :thumbsup:
    wtf.JPG 122.7K
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    As you get higher in ranks, competition tightens down and gets more intense. Dexter, for instance, has some machines really rocking right now, so he might pass me about (slightly before or afer) the same time I move up one position in rankings. Jonshandbrake DID pass me.

Part of the fun is egging each other on, purely as a metaphor, machines do not like egg inside.... Not enough safe flat surface to fry them on.... :D

Look at week and month changes, not just days, is what I have learned. The kind and exact ID of WUs each of you get will affect things day to day versu each other-- since the goal ios learning, each project is not first tuned for points prod, it is tuned to inform researchers and help them get results faster that can be used. This results in p212 taking forever on my box, but p568 runnign REAL fast, for example, and different boxes will probably have different WUs that they each do best... Look at longer term trends for an idea of how efficient your box or boxes are at folding overall. and take into account what other things you get done on the boxes also. THAT Total is how good your box is for YOU.

Thanks for hanging in and folding with us, all of you who are commited to this team. From ME. You help make it fun and egg ME on... :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    As you get higher in ranks, competition tightens down and gets more intense.

But...no holds barred for my "reign of terror". Get out of the way guys. It's Top 10 for me before I pack and move to Portland this summer.
    edited May 2004
    John_D wrote:
    As you get higher in ranks, competition tightens down and gets more intense. Dexter, for instance, has some machines really rocking right now, so he might pass me about (slightly before or afer) the same time I move up one position in rankings. Jonshandbrake DID pass me.
    Yeah, I expect that, but for now everyone's a doormat! :)
    edited May 2004
    Even the ones that pass you??? Come up and try to pass me, more power to you if you can-- because the bottom line is benefiting the folks who are hurting.... The more work this whole distributed network does, the faster that goal will be accomplished. So, please DO try your dangdest to pass me. :D

"No Man IS an ISLAND."-- I forget all the people's names who have said that.... I'll add, no man CAN be an island alone in the ocean-- the island will get eventually mostly destroyed by the ocean. Such is life.
    edited May 2004
    John_D wrote:
    Even the ones that pass you??? Come up and try to pass me, more power to you if you can-- because the bottom line is benefiting the folks who are hurting.... The more work this whole distributed network does, the faster that goal will be accomplished. So, please DO try your dangdest to pass me. :D

"No Man IS an ISLAND."-- I forget all the people's names who have said that.... I'll add, no man CAN be an island alone in the ocean-- the island will get eventually mostly destroyed by the ocean. Such is life.
    Well, uh... Half your production and I'll see what I can do! :thumbsup:;D
    edited May 2004
    There might not be anything yet but there will be. :rarr::fold:

Just hope you haven't forgotten about me. :wave::D
    edited May 2004
    Halve my production??? Um, the prime benefitter is Folding.... Just keep on a-folding, dude.... I will tell you, though, that I have only two computers folding.... Total.... AND, neither of them is dedicated to folding only.... :D
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited May 2004
    ah tis a shame. thegr81 jumped into the top 300. oh well .... soon's i get this 2.8c and 1.6 folding again (few days) i'll catch up. now to go smack my brother up n get him folding again! lol
    edited May 2004
    EyesOnly wrote:
    There might not be anything yet but there will be. :rarr::fold:

Just hope you haven't forgotten about me. :wave::D
    Lol I think that new rig of yours is just too little, way too late. :thumbsup: As for entr0py... I'm afraid I've just got too little. lol :banghead:

And john I thought you had a lot more folding?? :confused2
    edited May 2004
    TheGr81 wrote:
    Lol I think that new rig of yours is just too little, way too late. :thumbsup:

Time will tell. Untill then i think i'll soon have a large increase in points. :rarr:
    edited May 2004
    TheGr81 wrote:
    Lol I think that new rig of yours is just too little, way too late. :thumbsup: As for entr0py... I'm afraid I've just got too little. lol :banghead:

And john I thought you had a lot more folding?? :confused2

One prescott, two processing pipes in. One northwood, one pipe in. Prescott is one physical CPU. Northwood another.

HOWEVER, folding will show machine IDS as "processors" and that does not need to mean CPUs or physical computers-- it can mean number of folding clients. I use machine IDS by O\S and number of clients in O\S, not physical box. So, have three "processors" to 5 running in any one week, but two physical boxes, and three clients (all consoles) running at any one time. Prescott simply has two console clients running at once for its one CPU die and two processing pipes in the physical CPU each are working on one folding job at any one time.

They just run fairly FAST, usually. Right now, the boxes have one tinker going on the Northwood P4, one p212 running on the first console on the Prescott, and one p257 on the second console on the Prescott.

Every once in a while, I run something other than XP on the Prescott, play with different O\Ss. Those O\Ss fold too, on same Prescott box physically, but in a different O\S. The O\S folding consoles are set up as a machine ID that is not same as any other folding client on either box. I also switch operating systems on the Northwood now and then, same idea. So, folding could show 5 processors, but in my case it is talking about the number of installed clients on HDs that have turned in WUs in last 7 days, some of which are in carriers and not running. Normally it will show three, but Prescott runs two of them in one physical box from same O\S install.

John
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited May 2004
    I love the Guantlet Thread :woowoo: Jack
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited May 2004
    Whoa....welcome back, Jack - long time no see! Hope you're still folding (I strongly suspect so) ....wish it was for us, sorry we upset you somehow. Be well, bro.
This discussion has been closed.