The Official Folding Gauntlet Thread - Name your enemy!

Comments

• edited June 2004
    I'm watching it too. I see you are sneaking in another box. Have you been notified of "onshandbrake" yet? I've done that before with "KinFish". Oops :) I'm thinking I'm about to have to more nodes up and running. Actually one is a node that has been down for a while now due to an unstable motherboard. Hopefully some additional chipset cooling will take care of it. If not I have another board scoped out on ebay. Time to put this production swapping to rest. You do keep us all honest though. Keep on folding.

KF
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    Yeah I sent Sally a message on MSN. She blames it all on Jon.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited June 2004
    mmonnin wrote:
    Yeah I sent Sally a message on MSN. She blames it all on Jon.

Unfortunately that is true. That was the morning after we had all those problems. No switch, swapping lan connections, so i could send finished WU's on their way.

Had that 68 pointer ready to go, just did not have the time to wait 30 min for the next attempt. it's on a console and typed too lightly. Did not notice the mistake.

Now i have to live with it for the rest of my natural life. :bawling:
    edited June 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    I'm watching it too. I see you are sneaking in another box. Have you been notified of "onshandbrake" yet? I've done that before with "KinFish". Oops :) I'm thinking I'm about to have to more nodes up and running. Actually one is a node that has been down for a while now due to an unstable motherboard. Hopefully some additional chipset cooling will take care of it. If not I have another board scoped out on ebay. Time to put this production swapping to rest. You do keep us all honest though. Keep on folding.

KF

Yes thanks KF. As per above post. That one will come back to haunt me, lol.

Folding@Home shows we have way more processors than we actually have. Sally and i looked at it and realised with the changing of the mobo's, doing reformatting, etc, it will take a week to come back to normal.

We did add an XP2500 to the arsenal. Going quite nicely too. Not too sure what that lot will do to the electric bill. Might use a few old kero lamps to save on power, lol.

Must say i do get a kick out of this thread with the friendly rivalry. As long as it stays friendly. Enjoy a good stirring session, lol. :p

Keep on F:fold:LDING

Jon A.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited June 2004
    Well Missleman, looks as if you're finally gonna overtake me. But I'm not going without a fight! If my production keeps up I think I can hold out for just a few more days. Heh, I think I may even hit the next milestone (7.5k) before you! :)

Good job! :thumbsup: The race is on, now go for it!! :rarr:

Now that my production's way up recently, I may have a shot at Armogeddon00 after all. (Not included in pic because production may not hold for long)
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited June 2004
    Oooh better make that Race to 10k!! :thumbsup: I didn't realize I'd hit 7.5 so quickly. That old PIII turned in a big tinker without me knowing.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Well I hereby declare my victory and present a new challenge:

t1rhino and jumpin' jack - i declare a challenge.... I am now gunning for top 3.
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited June 2004
    I'm racing Sally to 70K and she has a head start. Jack
    edited June 2004
    Bit like a racing car vs a pushbike, lol.

I'll be sure to pass it on. I'm flying back home from work this morning, so i will wake her with a nice cuppa and your challenge, hehehe.
  • edited June 2004
    I'll be sure to wave as you both pass me. Looks like dancer is about to jihad all over me too. How many nodes do you have on your farm now Jack? You had six last count before your exit.

KingFish
    edited June 2004
    I'll get my feet wet in the top 10 before you all can kick me out.
    edited June 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    I'll be sure to wave as you both pass me. Looks like dancer is about to jihad all over me too. How many nodes do you have on your farm now Jack? You had six last count before your exit.

KingFish
    I think I had 17 or 18 at the beginning of April. I have 26 (2 of them are P4 HT boxes) so 28 consoles. Jack
  • edited June 2004
    Wow! That's fantastic. How many of them are at your house and how much is your electric bill if you don't mind me asking...

KF
    edited June 2004
    They are all in my house and I figure they add about $6.00 each to my electric bill. Most of them are in my very warm basement. Jack
    edited June 2004
    I never thought I'd be able to say this.....

CSIMON, I declare war on you!

:woowoo: :eek2:
  • VicodinVicodin Chicago
    edited June 2004
    Oh my.

Lofty lofty.

Fold on.
    edited June 2004
    Only 4 1/4 years to go! ;D
  • edited June 2004
    Only 4 1/4 years to go! ;D

Just wait until Chris finds the problem in his WiFi network, so all his machines stay online turning in work. Then he will be back to :Pwned: you again. ;)
  • edited June 2004
    Whoa, is this the mother of all jihads now?

KF
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    This epic battle deserves its own thread. No, wait, it deserves its own motion picture!
  • VicodinVicodin Chicago
    edited June 2004
    Damn you, Mudd.

Just when I thought I was closing the gap you seem to be coming back to life.

I'm going to get you... and your little dog, too.

Fold on.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited June 2004
    Well it's time for a jihad again. In 10 days a certain australian will be eating my dust and i couldn't care less for him. :Fold: :rarr: Sorry dragon.

Now on to my main challenge. Geeky i hope you keep a close look in the rearview mirror because i'm going to be in it for about a month and a half and just keep getting larger by the day. After that your as5 will belong to me. :Rarr: ;D
    edited June 2004
    Well now young man. Sally is asleep......me looking at a heap of puters just ASKING to be put into the name of dragonV8. ;)

I can imagine what would happen if she woke up too early. :rarr: (Hell has't no fury like a woman scorned) :rant:

Best i leave them alone and just lose the race graciously, lol. :thumbsup:

Way to F:fold:LD EO.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    My current target(s) is everone who has past me in the past few months (except maybe Sally :D). Production is up and going to get a lot better real soon! :D
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    I have arrived!!! I Just need a catchy name for this and all future rigs... Perhaps I could update my avatar and signature line... I am just glad to be back in front of my PC. How the heck is everybody?
    edited August 2004
    Justin wrote:
    I have arrived!!! I Just need a catchy name for this and all future rigs... Perhaps I could update my avatar and signature line... I am just glad to be back in front of my PC. How the heck is everybody?
    Hello Justin and welcome :) I am the heck just fine -and I don't care what you name your rigs as long as you stay away from the names I use. That would leave you with all but J1 through J28 ! :thumbsup: Jack
    edited August 2004
    Welcome back, justin! Long time no see :D
    edited August 2004
    This poor guy was commenting on the new-new 5.02 release of F & H
    You and me both. I'm stuck with a bunch of v4 clients that I'm not going to go back and change. I'm not enabling big wu on the office machines anyway so hopefully things won't affect me that much.

KF
    :rarr: Man I have a 50K lead on him and he is pushing me hard!!

KingFish - you gots too many machines! Jack
  • edited August 2004
    The number is a bit bloated right now. It's probably five more than what it actually is due to crashes/reinstalls I've encountered the past week and a half after installing an OS/apps and FAH. I did install it on two decent machines yesterday (a 2.2 celeron and a 2.4 celeron) and will be installing it on an amd 2400+ today. I have yet to tap the armada of laptops our detectives use. The v 5 is a boon to laptops as I wasn't going to touch them before. I'm hoping to be solid in the top five for steady production within the next couple of weeks. I'm only flirting with it now and have been going in and out of the top five the past week. Your farm packs quite a mean punch. You're the only one that has passed me and kept ahead of me so far. I could never dream of running that much folding power from my house only. I do want my position back hehe. It'll be quite a while before/if I pass you. Not quite ready to declare jihad though. You'll be hearing more from me haha.

KingFish
    edited August 2004
    Oh great, The Fish is mad and I am in his way. Everyone clear a path.
This discussion has been closed.