Artistic Photography

Comments

• WISKINITAWISKINITA san antonio, TEXAS
    edited December 2006
    i just want to take a sec. to brag and give myself some love for bringing this thread out of a 6 month hibernation period! it was left in March of 06, and I was a newbie to this site in Sept of 06 and from the looks of it, brought it back to life! yeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaw
    edited December 2006
    oh, and sorry to triple post and all, but I posted a while back in this thread about a site I found listed over at video maker that would work for those wanting protecion when sharing photos online or whatever. anyways, I said I would update when I knew more about it. Well, it hasn't gone live yet, but I did see that they added a video sharing thing for Christmas cards with your own video added to the cards. Not sure if you can set it to your own photos, but I'll check. For those that didn't see that post, the site is at http://www.*******.com. Still waiting for the full photo/video thing to open up. Let me know what anyone of you finds out. Happy Holidays if I'm not back soon enough with my pix.....
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    There's an edit button wiski. Photography is probably about my only hobby that I'm really into. Computers are more of my life than a hobby. Because I don't feel safe calling something that I spend half of my time with a hobby.
    edited December 2006
    here is one I call "Heart of the Texas Sky" because, well...i guess that is what it is. The moon is hidden just behind it. Please don't copy or repost it, it is my most prized pic that I took for my hot lady! enjoy. and get MORE PIX UP EVERYONE! oh and here is one from the top of Sandia Peak in New Mexico

heart in sky ed.JPG
    sandia peak sunset ed.JPG
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited December 2006
    That second one is beautiful, wiski - nice work!

Don't know if these really qualify for this thread, but I bought myself a wacom graphics tablet for christmas the other day and I haven't stopped playing with it since. This thing is awesome when you use it with photoshop. I highly recommend anyone who uses photoshop as a painting medium to get one.

Anyway, here are my best results so far. The first is a self portrait and the second is of some chick with an exceptionally nice arse. Unfortunately, she was a bit of a munter, so I gave her a new face. The drawing is all done freehand but I have to admit that the colours are lifted straight off the source images with the eyedropper. It's cheating, I know, but... well... who cares?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2006
    lewicron wrote:
    ...I bought myself a wacom graphics tablet for christmas the other day and I haven't stopped playing with it since...
    After I saw the second picture you posted, neither have I! :celebrate
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    This is a work in process, since I have to work on adjusting the levels. It's a shot of the Empire State Building as seen from near my office. The sun was just setting, and the orange in the sky was just amazing. There was something eerie and beautiful about it at the same time, with the cemetery in the foreground.

DSC_0126.jpg
    edited January 2007
    That is a great picture, Kwitko. :thumbsup:
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited January 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    That is a great picture, Kwitko. :thumbsup:

I agree :). If it were mine though, I'd crop it next just to the left of the church steeple to tighten the composition.
  • ThermalfishThermalfish Melbourne, Australia
    edited January 2007
    lorenza.jpg
    Canon EOS300 SLR (film)

broke-inlet_03.jpg
    Nikon D200 SLR (dig)

november.jpg
    Thats the aussie Pilbara folks.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Cropped and lightened up the cemetery a bit. Although I kind of like the headstones darker rather than lighter. The crop I like. Good suggestion, lewicron.:)

DSC_0123.jpg
    edited March 2007
    very very interesting pic Kwitko! that's a different yet really cool combo: the sky, the empire state building, the cemetery, the church. good eye and good shot!
  • edited March 2007
    Well, here are a couple of frames from me. After today's camera thread I just remembered the days I was taking pictures.
  • edited March 2007
    and several more
  • edited March 2007
    last one, promise :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    The little boy picture is outstanding!
  • edited March 2007
    Thanks Leo. He is my oldest one, now 11.
    edited March 2007
    Nice pictures, mirage. :)
    edited March 2007
    I could not discriminate over a few good ones, so I just tossed in a bunch of shots that are emotionally strong for me. Please forgive the excess. I have lived in California and Tennessee and several states between, resided abroad in Europe for eight years, traveled to far lands as different and distinct as Russian and Thailand, but my chosen home of permanence is The Great Land, Alaska.:cool:
    The spirits of peace descend upon Eagle River Valley

mountains19february2007gz5.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007uo1.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007na4.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007fw8.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007lq1.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007as8.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007qi3.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007dy3.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007kq9.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007am8.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007mw8.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007ie3.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007bp4.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007ip7.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007kp5.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007ry4.th.jpg
    mountains19february2007jr9.th.jpg
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Nice, Leo :thumbsup:. I especially like that last one.
  • edited March 2007
    Very nice pics, Leo. So uplifting ...
    edited March 2007
    Leonardo wrote:
    The spirits of peace descend upon Eagle River Valley

Absolutely fantastic. Makes me want to move to Alaska!
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited March 2007
    lovely pics, everyone. :)

what can i say, Leo, - absolutely stunning. :cool2::)

LIN
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Someone at the lab snapped an awesome early morning rainbow over the plutonium facility. Full res version available here.

Has a Dr. Strangelove-esque element to it :D. The distortion (I'm not sure if it's from the lens or from stitching software) kind of adds to the effect, I think.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23218&stc=1&d=1180730261
    edited June 2007
    That's a sweet pic, Garg.
    edited June 2007
    Keeping the tread alive with great pictures.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    i guess i will add my latest creation.
    I had these pictures for a while now.

This picture is West Lake in Hangzhou, China.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23368&stc=1&d=1182223375

This second picture is me relaxing at a private resort in the mountains outside of Beijing, China.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=23369&stc=1&d=1182223375

both of these pictures, i edited it with photoshop to give them the old film feel.
    edited June 2007
    Here are some picture that I've taken. The heart cd one has some photoshop in it. The rest are just long exposure pictures that I was playing around with. Nothing spectacular. Just me and my boredom. Most of these shots were taken with a 15 second exposure. The keyboard one was actually ten seconds.

Que thrax and or Nomad to rag on the heart cd picture in 3... 2... 1...
    edited June 2007
    And two more.

The second one didn't turn out how I wanted. My poor little desk lamp wasn't powerful enough for what I wanted to do and I was too lazy to grab my tripod.
    edited June 2007
    leishi85 wrote:
    i guess i will add my latest creation.
    I had these pictures for a while now.

This picture is West Lake in Hangzhou, China.

Love that first pic. Really does feel like a still frame from a movie.