Artistic Photography

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    awww, i thought u were gonna say you loved the picture with me in it....
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I managed to get some macro shots in between the drinking and gaming. Click on the images to see full-sized versions.

DSC_0404tn.jpg

DSC_0405tn.jpg

DSC_0416tn.jpg
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    I like the last one best.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Funny, others said they liked the last one also. The first two are kind of drab. The colors need more punch.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Kwitko wrote:
    Funny, others said they liked the last one also. The first two are kind of drab. The colors need more punch.

eh?
    edited June 2007
    Eh what?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    He tweaked the saturation.
    edited June 2007
    "Ask me about my wiener!"
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    They look great Kwitko....they look like they don't belong in a city suburb, which makes them even cooler, IMO.

What the first 2 may lack in color, they make up for with detail, I like where the camera focused and the blend of fuzzy/sharpness that was achieved.
    edited June 2007
    no. I tweaked the levels and curves.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2007
    Psst. That increases the saturation of colour in the image by enhancing luma levels.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2007
    Got a new Speedlite today and went out to the backyard to try it out. It's amazing what a difference a good flash makes.

CRW_0891.jpg
    edited July 2007
    one more

CRW_0901.jpg
    edited July 2007
    It's amazing what a difference a good flash makes.

Indeed. I'm surprised it took you so long to get one. Regardless, very nice macro shots, prime.
    edited August 2007
    The Cyclone at Coney Island.
    cyclone2.jpg
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2007
    Superb rollercoaster shot.
    edited August 2007
    Some pictures I took at our churches 4th of july get together. They are pretty noisy because my cam doesn't do so well at ISO800 with a long shutter...Its just a canon point and shot. I'm saving up for a D40x, D80, or EOS400D. I can't decide between them. 400D == Cheaper, but D80 == I want more. and D40 is like the D80 just cut back on features to be closer to the canon's price, but without the canon's feature set. hrmm.
    edited August 2007
    Can't speak for the EOS, but between the D40x and the D80, go for the D80.
    edited August 2007
    I know, but the only thing holding me back is the size of it and even more so the COST...sux to be a poor college student. I might have to get the EOS just because of the economics of the situation. It takes great pictures, its just that the interface/control is a tad different than I like.
    edited August 2007
    Took this at the New York Aquarium. It's my current desktop wallpaper.

jellyfish.jpg
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited August 2007
    Nice! I like it. :)

LIN
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Here is a shot of some flowers i found. Room as almost pitch black.
    12 min, F16, ISO 100

Canon 30D, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 lens at 50mm.
    edited February 2008
    After a whole week of poor raining, some sun showed up today and i ran out with the camera. Spring is in the air even though i am sure it will be more snow soon. This place i usually shoot for birds in the spring is alongside the fjord that gors through Trondheim. The snowcovered mountain is approximately 3 miles away from where i shoot.

1/100th of a second shot at f9, ISO 100 and 1.33 steps extra since i pointed at the light snow. Lense at 175mm on a Manfrotto tripod.

Sigma 70-200 APO 2.8 lense, EOS 30D. Adjustments made in Photoshop as well.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited February 2008
    I'm enjoying your photos, TLSwede.

LIN :)
    edited February 2008
    I'm using Prime's camera for a project, here's one of the photos from it:

BW.jpg
    edited February 2008
    OMG Its The TRANSFORMERS BLDING!
    edited February 2008
    GET TO TEH BILDING, SAM!
    edited February 2008
    I've a question, what color space do people save their JPG previews in? I have problems going from RAW format to JPG without a lot of saturation in colors when I upload them.
    edited February 2008
    Here's another couple of images though.
    edited February 2008
    I use DxO Optics Pro to download and pre-process the RAW files. Then I open them with Photoshop CS3 and save for web.