Throwing out the challenge!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Added: P3/600 today. My goal is to add two new machines a week, regardless of how fast or slow it is.
  • Trash80Trash80 Calgary, AB
    edited March 2005
    Hi all, I haven't been around for a while but got your email regarding some help folding. So I just added my 3.8Ghz P4. I'll add my 3.0 and my 2.4 in the next couple of days. Hope it helps.

PS my mom died from Parkinsons 4 years ago, I should've been folding a long time ago.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2005
    Hey Trash80, thanks for throwing a few machines in for "The Cause". :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your Mom. :(
    I'm sure you are well aware what folding is about and the reasons we all do it. Lets hope eventually all the hard work everyone has put in by F:fold:LDING, a cure is found and life will be better than we know it can be now. :)

F:fold:LD on. :smokin:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    Good to see you join the project.

Thats why we are all doing this, we hate to see things like that happen to people.
    edited March 2005
    Welcome back! Long time no see, and I'm glad to see you folding! :D
  • floontfloont Texas
    edited March 2005
    I really think we should emphasize the SMX project more as well as a recruitment push. I realize that there is some rearrangement going on, but maybe we can get the ball rolling really soon. I think the SMX project is a great way to generate some additional excitement.

floont
    edited March 2005
    I agree! I think we should roll out a new one while all these new fellas are around to see what else we do around here.
    edited March 2005
    SMx is going to back on track VERY soon. Parts are being shipped to the new parts manager and he is motivated, excited, and ready to give away computers :)
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited March 2005
    just as soon as I get some time and some extra cash I'll probably be adding another machine. I may only have about 32000 points so far, but I've looked at the stats and I'm at #39 when it comes to 24hour production (440 points average as of today). :D

I'd add my brother-in-law's computer, an XP 2200+, but he's on dialup. I might try and get one of my friends to join up, but I don't know if he would or not. I got him to start doing Seti@Home when I was doing it, but he only lasted for about three weeks.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited March 2005
    Hi all,
    I to recieved the "call to arms" e-mail and now I feel guilty I don't have any more procs to add. :shakehead . The new duelly a couple months ago left me a little cash and space constrained. :D My wife is getting a little sick of looking at my rigs in the living room. (2 don't have cases! ;D ) Not to mention the drone of cooling fans as 4 of them are OCed.

But, I did order 3 gigs of ram for them, when more QMDs are released I'll be ready! :rarr:

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
    :smokin:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited March 2005
    rc1974 wrote:
    I'd add my brother-in-law's computer, an XP 2200+, but he's on dialup.

For what it's worth, i work away from home 2 weeks out of 3, living in a mining camp. I have a dialup connection in my room and when a WU is due to be sent and another downloaded, i dial-up, send/receive and carry on folding.

If you can talk him around, it would be worth a go.

Team number: 93
    Username: Jonshandbrake ;D;D
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, don't let the dialup be what prevents you from convincing your brother :D It'll just queue them until the next time he connects :thumbsup:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    SMx is going to back on track VERY soon...
    We're gonna be moving computers out the door at prices guaranteed to be the lowest anywhere. (Free to a good home.) :D

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS - - -

It's truly IN-SAAAAAANE!!!!!!! :crazy:
  • floontfloont Texas
    edited March 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    We're gonna be moving computers out the door at prices guaranteed to be the lowest anywhere. (Free to a good home.) :D

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS - - -

It's truly IN-SAAAAAANE!!!!!!! :crazy:

Cool! That Commodore 64 and TI 994a ought to be IN-SAAAAAANE folders!
    ;D

floont
    edited March 2005
    floont wrote:
    Cool! That Commodore 64 and TI 994a ought to be IN-SAAAAAANE folders!
    ;D

floont
    A little voltage tweak and some watercooling and you're good to go. :vimp:
  • redchiefredchief Santa Barbara Member
    edited March 2005
    Dude, I'm digging out my Timex Sinclair I still have the 128k memory upgrade. I wonder if i can find a cassette version of F@H.
    edited March 2005
    If I pass the sniff test, (for SMX)I have spare outlets. If not, I understand.
    edited March 2005
    The next time we send out a rig, sign up. I am not saying you will get it but at put your name in the hat.
    edited March 2005
    Believe me, all qualified hosts are considered. SMx rigs are going to start flowing out of here like water, I can feel it. Get your name in the hat and you'll have as good a chance as anyone :D
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Added 2 more prescott 2.8's and completed the last 3 instances on one of the dual xeon 2.4's for a total of 5 more cpu's. And I said yes to big WU's. Kinda scary to think about what may happen if I get 4 QMD's at once.... :eek:
    In case anyone else has been wondering, the F@H console does work on Windows Small Business Server 2003, as does TrayIt.
    edited March 2005
    Good grief, DanG - you're gonna shake things up a bit with that lot. :respect:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited March 2005
    DanG wrote:
    ... And I said yes to big WU's. Kinda scary to think about what may happen if I get 4 QMD's at once.... :eek:

2 QMDs and 2 gromacs slowed my duel xeon to a crawl,(or so it seemed) that's why I'm bumping the ram up to 2 gig. We'll see how that works. :D
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Donut wrote:
    2 QMDs and 2 gromacs slowed my duel xeon to a crawl,(or so it seemed) that's why I'm bumping the ram up to 2 gig. We'll see how that works. :D

This one has 4GB in it, so hopefully it holds out. It only gets use 2-4 times a week for 2-3 hours at a time, and it's just to run a simple sql DB, so the slowdown shouldn't be noticible at all.
  • floontfloont Texas
    edited March 2005
    I'll be adding a 2800+ AMD this week. Probably my last addition as I'm out of room. It will bring my total to nine fulltime folding rigs and one parttime P4HT, my laptop. Let's keep the momentum going. :)

floont
    edited March 2005
    I lit up a T-bird last nite, not much, but all it does is fold.
    edited March 2005
    redchief wrote:
    I lit up a T-bird last nite, not much, but all it does is fold.
    I've got a T-Bird 1200 doing the same thing. It averages 100+ points/day, which ain't too bad over the long haul. :mullet:
    edited March 2005
    maybe I can check the MB and see if it can be encouraged to run a bit faster.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Right on guys, you're definitely answering the call. :thumbsup:
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited March 2005
    Looks as if I'm going to get to babysit a computer for a while. :D

The computer is my sister's/brother-in-law's and they are in the process of moving this weekend and I've been dubbed the computer mover/heavy furniture mover.

:) Looks like another folding machine. Although for the most part, it will be on dialup after next week. I'm glad that F@H has cue-ing cabilities and can get/recieve work units in batches.

BTW- the CPU in it is an Athlon XP 2200+
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2005
    Haha, I love this stuff!

Added a P4 1.4 and a P3 933. The P3 will only fold overnight.