Throwing out the challenge!

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
Ever since MacOS blew by us and forcing us out of the Top 10, I've had a bad taste in my mouth and you know what? I realize it's time to take back our rightful place and then some.

We've been drifting about for far too long now, it's time to take back our rightful place and then some.

We need to try and recruit new members, it's time to take back our rightful place and then some.

We need to welcome our newest members and let them know we appreciate them taking the time and effort to Fold with us, it's time to take back our rightful place and then some.

We all need to come together to support a gallant project and to take back our rightful place and then some.

And most of all, we need to have fun doing it and believe me, it's a fine feeling to be knocking Teams out of the way. I hope it hasn't been so long that we've forgot how to do that.

If each of us can can at least convince one person to join, we're one person closer to kicking the Macintosh? Granny Smith? Gala? Or whatever kind of apple they are back where they belong, behind us eating our dust. :rarr:

What do guys say? MacOS is 35,000 points/day ahead of us but we can close that gap and we better because p2p is coming up fast.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    The call has been issued :rarr:

I'm on it. :ninja:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I'm giving all she's got, captain! I've installed F@H on every decent machine in my office. We just got a couple of PIII 1GHz machines, so I'll be adding those to the mix. We should have about 8GHz folding at my office soon.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    2 PC's added today.
    edited March 2005
    a64 3200+ added today
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    im finally over 500pts/day with the addition of a 2500+. I'll see if I can round up some more!

WTF!!
    :fold:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    :rarr::rarr::rarr: Let's get moving!!
  • VolvoVolvo Eureka, Ca on the Pacific
    edited March 2005
    I've added a 3.4 Gig P4 and a 3.2 Gig Athlon 64 in the last month that's more than we can afford but darn it I just need to fold, fold, fold.
    Perhaps I can get some people at work interested too. :D
    -=Volvo=-
    5 boxes foldin 24/7
    edited March 2005
    Global announcement: check.
    Revised SVT sticky: check.
    Plug at end of HSA thread: check.
    Mass e-mail to members: in progress.
    SMx Project: in process of moving all parts to the tireless profdlp for organization and distribution.

More ideas?? :rarr:
  • edited March 2005
    One click installers
    Inner Team Challenges (maybe some prizes/incentives?)
    Get Mudd back?
    Brainstorm on ways to reach out beyond our walls of the internet
    edited March 2005
    I'm not sure if we can change Stanford's program to add an easy installer, but I just pirated prime's quick-and-dirty guide and posted it as a thread.

Link potential folders here: The Prospective Folder Guide
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29803
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    In about 3 weeks I'll have a dual xeon with HT (4 consoles running).
    While I'm thinking about it, is 2gb of ram enough to run 4 large WU's?
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited March 2005
    Nuts! If anyone can figure out this blasted sending problem, I'd have an HT 3.1whateverit'sabletoholdnow going. And I'll get the 2.4 (single) up again. I may be able to convince my brother on his @3.2 HT. Maybe his friend...

All it takes is one (by one I mean three or four 500 pointers) WU sent...
    edited March 2005
    www.teamshort-media.com/join now forwards to that Prospective Folder Guide thread in case you want to use an easy link to send people :)
    edited March 2005
    you rock. it's true
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Let me read up on what the license allows on a one click installer..

/me cracks fingers and opens Visual Studio :cool:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    You guys rock! :cool:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Good job guys. Glad to see this happening. I'll see about getting my bro-in-law and my sister to fold. My production has been horrible ever since I left college and I have a small rig (Lazarus, whom was brought back from the dead) just sitting in my room not being used. I'll see about moving him to my sister's house and I'll talk to her about getting folding set up on the computers they have.

I'm inspired, how 'bout you?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    As far as the one-click installer, no. An exe with a window, enter user ID and a few other options, maybe yes if the license allows. Someone got into some crap because he made a .msi file and it got out of his hands. People came to stanford wondering whe this process was taking all of its CPU when they didnt install it. Account removed of ALL of its points, member in dead shyt with Stanford.

So if the license allows maybe a GUI where they can enter a few options or some pop-ups but NOT a one-click installer.

And some of this lack of interest is my fault. I have not been very active at all. Full-time school and full-time employment really got to me. I am back to full time and all this talk has lit a fire under my ass! :rarr::rarr::rarr:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2005
    OK this is just sick. See this pic. Who can tell me what the heck is wrong with it???

All the milestones are high numbers. Very few low milestones IE 1k, 5k 10k and such. In the next month, I want that 1k, 5k and 10k, list to be as long as the entire list is now. It would be even better if those milestones took up 2/3 of the list or greater.

Thats the goal! Now lest get to it.
    edited March 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    I am back to full time and all this talk has lit a fire under my ass! :rarr::rarr::rarr:

That's what I like to hear! :vimp:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited March 2005
    Keep F:fold:ldin', F:fold:ldin', F:fold:ldin'

:smokin:

Now, thats what I like to see. Everyone fighting for the rightful position of this team :thumbsup:
    edited March 2005
    Anybody on the team talented in photochop wanna make a sig background to commemorate this and rally members? I was thinking of something that had a good propaganda feel to it.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I suppose I'll make the switch from E@H to F@H once again... but I'll sure miss being on top of the team :shakehead

Just wish there was an eaqsy guide to know what tags we should have setup for each CPU, like in a spreadsheet style setup.
    THIS CONFIG SHOULD USE THESE TAGS...
    etc...
    etc...
    etc...

Not some crazy ass explaination I wouldn't understand unless I studied how this program worked.

Also... I'd like to make fun of the typo no one else has appearently seen. Unfortunatly, I cannot think of anything at this time but perhaps something about "thowing" or "thawing" out the challenge? :nudge:
    edited March 2005
    iths cuths wur speshul
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    ...All the milestones are high numbers. Very few low milestones IE 1k, 5k 10k and such. In the next month, I want that 1k, 5k and 10k, list to be as long as the entire list is now. It would be even better if those milestones took up 2/3 of the list or greater.

Thats the goal! Now lest get to it.
    This is a great challenge!

March has been a great month for new members. Keep an eye out for them around the forums and let them know how glad you are that they're here. As the saying goes:
    "Make new friends but keep the old
    One is Silver, the other Gold"
    edited March 2005
    Anybody on the team talented in photochop wanna make a sig background to commemorate this and rally members? I was thinking of something that had a good propaganda feel to it.

I'm getting better at PS, maybe I'll have a go at it.

GEEZ RWB, I totally overlooked that. :O
    Oh and thanks for giving us a hand. :thumbsup:

We'll also see what we can do about those tags but personally, i haven't used any since we started using version 5.xx.
    edited March 2005
    Yeah, version 5 kinda made all those flags/tags irrelevant I thought.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    I'm all in.

What's up with the Folding Pineapple lately? :scratch:
    edited March 2005
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I'm all in.

What's up with the Folding Pineapple lately? :scratch:

Pineapple, whaaa? :scratch:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005