Throwing out the challenge!

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    How can we tell how much this "call" is helping? Last I checked we're still not going to be passing anyone up anytime soon. We're in 12th or 13th place I think.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    RWB wrote:
    How can we tell how much this "call" is helping? Last I checked we're still not going to be passing anyone up anytime soon. We're in 12th or 13th place I think.
    Hopefully we'll see some stats action in the next week. I, for one, don't plan to end this challenge/call/blitz in the near future. We're cranking it up a notch and leaving it in overdrive for a while :cool:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    It takes a little while for the stats to show a new trend. Kind of like a baseball player coming out of a slump; first you start hitting the cover off the ball, then the old batting average rises. (Can you tell I'm excited about Opening Day already?)

The surest sign that we're on the right track is found at the bottom of this page - check out the sections marked "New Users In Past 7 Days" and "User Milestones In Past 7 Days". Keep in mind that EOC doesn't keep track of the 2K, 3K, and 4K milestones. We've had gobs of those lately. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    First there was the sitewide email, but wait until you see what we've got up our sleeves NEXT :ninja:
    edited March 2005
    First there was the sitewide email, but wait until you see what we've got up our sleeves NEXT :ninja:
    The best part is... there are enough things up our sleeves I don't even know which one he's talking about :D
    edited April 2005
    The best part is... there are enough things up our sleeves I don't even know which one he's talking about :D
    I'm not even sure which sleeve! :vimp:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    With you guys, I am not even sure if you're speaking of the same sleeves I am thinking of :wtf:
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I have been tweeking my new clawhammer 3500+ on an ultra d board. I got it running prime stable at 2700mhz ( With a little help from Mac )

Unfortunatley I had to bump one of the older rigs in the farm, no more open slots in the lan. But I have already sent Prof a pm about donating the old K7S5A 1ghz rig to SMX.

I have had my best month ever about 37,000 pts and should be at a steady 1200 a day here on out.

Scott
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    Additional ports is an easy thing to fix. A decent switch can be found on ebay for cheap.
    edited April 2005
    scott wrote:
    I got it running prime stable

:wtf: what's your secret. I wish I could get prime running stable.... :crazy:
    edited April 2005
    My new heatsink and fan will be here tomorrow.

Lets see what else do I need -- oh maybe a case, a real hard drive. And when I can swing it I may even replace that 8meg pci video card ;)

I told myself awhile ago 10 machines is my limit. The wife helps enforce it :D

Scott
    edited April 2005
    A different Prime and a different "Stable" :rolleyes:

We all wish our "Favorite" Prime was stable!!
  • rc1974rc1974 Grand Junction, CO
    edited April 2005
    Please welcome the newest addition to the folding team... computer that is. :thumbsup: A Compaq Presario 6000 series with an Athlon XP 2200+.

I've finally added my sister/brother-in-laws computer tonight. :) Since it will be on dialup after next Friday, I have it doing deadlineless WU's in batches. Low points per WU, but at least it's another machine folding.

Hopefully it will be folding for a long time, although I don't know for sure as I have to clean spyware crap out of it all of the time after repeated "lectures." You all know the type, "Oh, this antivirus makes my computer run slow... let's disable it.... now why is my computer even slower and dialing pr0n sites in Bangladesh?"
    edited April 2005
    Scott - that is a terrific offer. :thumbsup:

Team - look for an announcement concerning the SMx Project soon. There are so many things in the works that it's gonna be William Shatner Priceline BIG. :D
  • floontfloont Texas
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Scott - that is a terrific offer. :thumbsup:

Team - look for an announcement concerning the SMx Project soon. There are so many things in the works that it's gonna be William Shatner Priceline BIG. :D

{shatner}
    IIIII..........aaaammm...........sssooooo......sssstttoookkkeeddd.
    {/shatner}

floont
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    RWB wrote:
    With you guys, I am not even sure if you're speaking of the same sleeves I am thinking of :wtf:
    Don't worry... it's when he starts talking about what's up his pant leg... Then start worring. :D

Re-added a AMD Barton 2800+ She died last month. Very sad.... smoke and little sparks, but say "she's getting better... thinks she'll go for a walk."
  • redchiefredchief Santa Barbara Member
    edited April 2005
    can't be anything THAT big..
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Added a P4 3.2 GHz HT.....
    edited April 2005
    Added a p4 1.8ghz today, and upgraded one 1ghz celeron to a sempron 3100+ (that's a helluva upgrade :wtf: )

-tk added FOUR computers today, ~athlon 1600+'s
  • MrNiceGuyMrNiceGuy Denmark
    edited April 2005
    Adding a 1700+ @ 2300 MHz as soon as my #2 NF7 arrives :)
    And upgraded a 12/7 P3 1 GHz to a P4 2.4 GHz.

I found a Duron Applebred 1600 MHz lying around aswell.. I honestly have no idea where it's from (it was sitting in a 8RDA+ I thought I sold.. I should clean up), but it doesn't work sadly :(
    edited April 2005
    Great work, guys! :D

WEEK 3! :rarr:

We need more new users. Spread the work! :rockon:
    edited April 2005
    I've gone and done it now... I put it on my laptop :rarr:

I'm also about to reboot my desktop... because I just realized it hasn't been folding for the past week! :bawling:
  • redchiefredchief Santa Barbara Member
    edited April 2005
    I put it on a laptop too , but we converted it to gentoo
    edited April 2005
    :rarr: More! More! :D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2005
    Won't go into detail here, but my RMA'd DFI is folding again as of this morning, with an AMD64 3500 and a Gig of OCZ ram. Been out of action for a few weeks even though it never had a good start to life. (hope she keeps going).

Sally got another addition on top of the one above.
    Also put together yesterday and folding today. :D

A Celeron-M 350 on a MicroATX DFI 855gme-mgf with a Gig of ram for the hell of it. Runs @1303 for now.
    edited April 2005
    Added a P4 1600 today
    edited April 2005
    Added a P4 1600 today
    What a coincidence - so did I! (Sort of... ;) )

MSI is teh 1337. :cool:
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited May 2005
    Added 2.4 GHz of celeron power today ;)

Should be adding 3GHz of P4 power in the next couple of days :thumbsup:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited May 2005
    Added a P4 2GHz today :)

Downfall is that it only has 256MB of mem
    edited May 2005
    I'm putting together two more systems in the next week :rarr: