Well folks here it is:

SHORT-MEDIA LAN #2

July 29th - 31st, 2005

Maximum capacity: 40 people, registration on a first come-first served basis
Registration Fee: $20 US per person
Games: TBA
Please PM primesuspect for registration and information

Lodging Notes:

We have limited room in the backyard for puptents, as well as floor space in the tent. Bring a sleeping bag! There are also lots of cheap hotels and motels nearby.

Bring your own food/drinks! Alcohol will be allowed, but only for people of legal drinking age. There will be a fridge provided outdoors. There will be a barbecue grill available.

PM primesuspect for confirmed registration. Paypal registration fees to accounts AT short DASH media DOT com.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    ygpm. omfg im in. :cool:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    represent!! hope we get a nice dry weekend nock on wood* :rolleyes:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited May 2005
    I don't know if I will be able to make it or not guys. Mustang Week is the same weekend :mad:
    edited May 2005
    Clutch wrote:
    I don't know if I will be able to make it or not guys. Mustang Week is the same weekend :mad:
    nooo.... :(
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    ygpm. omfg im in. :cool:

X2... Yea, that's right, X2
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    I intend to attend, comprende? :D
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited May 2005
    If you guys are playing Joint Ops-Typhoon Rising, I'm in!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Anyone wanna lend me the £894($1,632) for the frigging air-fare :mad:

Watch out any brits trying to get tickets around that week, it's peak time and damn expensive! Flying from London is even more!
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    You've got PM.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2005
    I will sign up but I am not sure if I will make it or not. Its the weekend after my 21st, I might be going out with some friends.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Is there a registration deadline/max # of people?
    edited May 2005
    shwaip wrote:
    Is there a registration deadline/max # of people?
    40 people; he didn't set a deadline yet.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    No deadline yet. Lets see if, and how fast, the 40 spots fill up. :)
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited May 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    I will sign up but I am not sure if I will make it or not. Its the weekend after my 21st, I might be going out with some friends.

Trust me.. You need to make your 21'st B-Day with Tex at the lan 2005.

The 21'st should be one to remember. I know the good strip clubs in that area by heart and the ones I have forgot Mcbain will know for sure.

Tex
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited May 2005
    Shorty wrote:

Watch out any brits trying to get tickets around that week, it's peak time and damn expensive! Flying from London is even more!
    You got to be kidding me dude? And I thoiught the $300 bucks I was quoted today was nasty.

Ok we all have got to get on the discount airfare sites and find cheap tickets for shorty.

I propose we start a collection to get shortys skinny little butt here for the
    S-M LAN 2005. I bet his sweetie can pack his skinny butt in a small enough box we can just overnight fed-Ex his butt here for way less if we send him some sandwichs to eat on the way. I mean come on now. We send beer and snacks and they punch some air holes in a big box?? Oh sure its sorta cramped but... I mean he is a computer geek? How big can he be anyway?

Overnight envelope to the UK is only like $30?

Has anyone seen how big Shorty really is anyway? I mean in person ? I ahve seen pics but he may look bigger in the pics than real life? (grin)

Can he fit in a USPS overnight envelope?

I think we need measurements and weight anyway to proceed....

Tex
  • edited May 2005
    Do I even have to PM you to tell you I'll be there?

I mean, even if I didn't have the time already, I'd make it work somehow.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, do you plan for us to leave our computers outdoors (under a pavillion tent)? It's not the security that worries me, but the weather...

And of course I'll take care of lodging myself. Either I'll sleep in my car, home, or pass out on the floor (and many of you know I'm not too picky about my sleeping location).
    edited May 2005
    The tent is weatherproof.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2005
    I'm in.....mmmmmmm boobie bars.....only one caveat is I have a wedding to go to that saturday night....I might be slightly inebriated by the time I show up on saturday.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited May 2005
    Tex wrote:

The 21'st should be one to remember. I know the good strip clubs in that area by heart and the ones I have forgot Mcbain will know for sure.

Tex

I try to remember my 21'st sometimes...but that bottle of Quervo Gold my LPO brought to my apartment the day before keeps getting in the way.
    :mullet:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2005
    Tex wrote:

Tex

Are you coming to the Lan?
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2005
    Shorty wrote:

If only I had the money I'd be there too. :(

Oh well maybe my lottery numbers will come in between now & July.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I'm in.... Oh you bet I'm In!!!!!
    edited May 2005
    Had a talk with a good member of the site this afternoon. But I got one question.

Who would be there to pick me up from the airport? :D If this was a poker game, I'm all in :thumbsup:

I will have to go to Mustang Week next year :p

Also I need to know which airport to fly into. I'm gonna look at ticket prices when I get back from town in a bit.
    edited May 2005
    Hell man, I'd drive to O'Hare to pick you up. :cool:
  • edited May 2005
    Most people go to Detroit Metro. I could pick you up from there if you need me to.
    edited May 2005
    Hell man, I'd drive to O'Hare to pick you up. :cool:

Detroit, MI (DTW) - Is this the correct place? It's like $312 round trip, which isn't bad.
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited May 2005
    i'm pretty sure detroit only has one airport but i could be wrong
    edited May 2005
    Detroit's got two.. Three if you count Bishop which is only about 60-80 miles away. DTW is definitely the airport you want to fly into. Of course I will pick you up. I provided taxi service for mondi and blackhawk last year.

I can recommend coming in a day earlier and leaving a day later so you have some chill time. Plus, I think flights originating on thursdays are cheaper. You definitely want to get here before the lan, not the day of. Setup time and all that.

If I can't, TheSMJ lives close to metro airport as do mcbain and pseudonym. SOMEBODY will be able to pick you up and take you back :)
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited May 2005
    LOL look if i were to come it would only cost me $129, not sure how i would bring my computer though seeing as how it's an all steel case and heavy as a mofo. I would love to come, but not certain yet.
    lol.jpg 55.3K
    edited May 2005
    Ok, I will change my flight dates and all. I am gonna wait maybe until next month to book them, to see how dad is doing and all.