ShortMedia LAN 2005

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I can always bring a spare PC with base WinXP on it... software (games) not included, of course. ;)

I'll be driving my van or Ocomik's pickup.... either way, I can always bring extra's....
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    What some of the travellers did last year was ship their computers here, borrowed a monitor, and then shipped it back.

Pack it tight, though, we had a casualty last year thanks to our pals at FedEx :(
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited May 2005
    well how far is a drive from va?
    edited May 2005
    About 600 miles... 11 hour drive.
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited May 2005
    anyone else live in va who would want to drive up there to sm lan 2005 together?
  • edited May 2005
    Shorty you can go via BMI for £549.50 from manchester.... not much cheaper but its a start.
    edited May 2005
    I made the Detroit to DC trip in about 13 hours in a car one time. Last year Clutch and EgoShowcase drove up from North Carolina in about 16-17 hours.
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited May 2005
    I'm in. i promise i won't break my computer this time ;D

for those of you that dont want to spend 1,000 bucks on airfare, you can always leave a week in advance and get a ride on a freighter and go by sea. my grandma did that once and i guess she had a good time. its pretty cheap too.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    i could greyhound this for 200$. ok its under consideration.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited May 2005
    i could greyhound this for 200$. ok its under consideration.

Don't know where you are coming from but you need to look at getting hooked up on all the travelocity and other cheap travel sites and they email you with cheap airfare deals.

I got an email this morning where I can fly roundtrip from Denver to Dallas for $129.

Tex
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I'm having trouble visualising this tent that is good enough for a LAN party... I'm not doubting it, but it would be nice to get some pictures or something...

Is there a website that shows what we're gonna have?
    edited May 2005
    This is what I picture....
    edited May 2005
    edited May 2005
    We will be getting a frame tent with sides - no center pole, 100% waterproof in case of rain. We can open the sides completely if we want, for ventilation. We can get fans or even get the whole thing air conditioned.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Your neighbors are going to love us!!!
    edited May 2005
    My neighbors are actually cool in the new neighborhood. They joined us for the 4th of July party last year MR I DIDN'T MAKE IT TO THE FOURTH OF JULY BASH :p
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Does it have a floor, or will we be right in the grass with our tables and chairs? Is the power coming from your house? Are you going to choose the A/C option?

Sorry for all the questions, but if my computer and I are going to spend a night or two outside in a tent, I feel better knowing what to expect...
    edited May 2005
    Grass floor, no doubt. It's done for weddings all the time... may make Primes lawn a bit worse for wear... he'll need to mow it before the tent goes up though. Like a nice putting green.... :thumbsup:
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2005
    My neighbors are actually cool in the new neighborhood. They joined us for the 4th of July party last year MR I DIDN'T MAKE IT TO THE FOURTH OF JULY BASH :p

YEAH!....Jeez novak....way NOT to show up..... :p
    edited May 2005
    I'm looking into flooring. They offer it, I don't know what it costs yet. AC is expensive. It would QUADRUPLE the cost of the tent. I could say to everybody "if everybody wants AC, we're going to quadruple the reg fee" and hey, if everyone's willing to pay it, we'll get it. I'm not sure yet - i haven't gotten a firm quote.
    edited May 2005
    I'll chip in.... say an extra $20 or $30 for AC.... Not that I'm mr. money bags (hardly) but AC would be nice.... oh, and little umbrellas for my drinks.... that would really rock. :D
  • edited May 2005
    Screw AC. Don't be such a guys! This is Michigan weather, not California.
    edited May 2005
    TheSMJ, one year, on my birthday (June 28th), it was 110°F
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    TheSMJ, one year, on my birthday (June 28th), it was 110°F
    Which would be a nice and cool day here in PR. :crazy:;D
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I would chip in for A/C if it was reasonable. With all the computers and such I get the feeling it may become a tad uncomfortable.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I can always bring a spare PC with base WinXP on it... software (games) not included, of course. ;)

I'll be driving my van or Ocomik's pickup.... either way, I can always bring extra's....

FYI (an update from before), I won't be coming, thanks for offering that to me earlier though :)

I'd love to make it but I'd be late and it'd be expensive and really tough logistically.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    Nomad wrote:
    I would chip in for A/C if it was reasonable. With all the computers and such I get the feeling it may become a tad uncomfortable.
    Me & my asthma second that. ;)
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I'm not big on the AC, but whatever you sissy's need ;D
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited May 2005
    we don't need no stinkin ac.
    edited May 2005
    I really don't think it'll be realistic. They haven't given me a firm quote yet, but they ballparked it "around $1500" :wtf: