AquaMark3 - Post Your Score & Comment

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Well reading Aquamark's forums, looks like people have already found ways of cheating the benchmark and gain like 6K points more.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    danball1976 said
    GHoosdum said
    primesuspect said
    I got an even worse score on my desktop! Wtf gives!

That's an AthXP overclocked to 1700mhz and a Sapphire Radeon 9000

Why why why?

Prime, I highly suspect that something is seriously skewed in AquaMark's rating of processors here... :banghead:

Maybe they received a little $$$bribey$$$ from Intel? :mad2:

I think you may be right.
    * danball1976 thinks that it should become an invalid benchmarking program since it is biased towards Intel.

:shakehead Good lord. It's a brand new engine designed with DX9 extensions from the ground up. It's designed to stress your video adapter's pixel shader & vertex shading units to the maximum, not the CPU subsystem. I'd take the CPU ratings with a grain of salt, but an actual non-synthetic benchmark that shows real-world performance in a DX9 title is something noteworthy. It may support DX8 & DX7 hardware, but is geared more towards DX9 enabled hardware (specifically PS 2.0).

Prime: The Radeon 9000 does not support DX9 extensions. How can you expect to score great in a DX9 benchmark without a DX9 enabled card?
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    Check out the link in my sig for specs.

FSB was @ 235 MHz (2.82 GHz CPU effectively).

Looks like you can scale quite nicely in this bench.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    My beef with this benchmark, SimGuy, is the overrating of Intel. :rant:

The DX9 comment was just an observation on the relative weights of the results of the two generations of DX-supporting cards, and to me is more of a positive. :thumbsup:

I'm inclined to just ignore the CPU scores altogether and focus exclusively on the GFX scores. I'm anxious to see exactly how much better my Radeon performs than the craptastic nVidia card in my secondary rig... :ninja:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    The variation is scores is confusing. Take for example Leo's 27,826 and my 27,592. Compare the system specs. Any of his 2 systems can whoop mine (specs are in the link in my sig) but he only gets 234 points more.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited September 2003
    fine... stupid ass web hosting

i got 42200
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2003
    TheBaron, those pictures won't show up without a username and password.
  • astroworpastroworp Northridge, CA
    edited September 2003
    Athlon xp1900@1.6ghz
    512mb pc2700
    radeon 9700 Pro

got a score of around 21000, but this is with AA and AF maxed in my windows display settings
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    dan, your cpu score looks really low... here's mine, anyways

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?runID=626718805
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited September 2003
    shwaip said
    dan, your cpu score looks really low... here's mine, anyways

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?runID=626718805

I had a bunch of stuff running at the moment when I was running the benchmark.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Leonardo said

Actually, I'm running the Omega 2.4.74a drivers. Come to think of it, I've read somewhere that the Omegas supposedly render better quality, but that benchmarking scores fall. As far as the soft mod goes, Windows and 3DMark03 indicate the card to be a "9700 Pro". Hmm.:scratch:

Updates for System No. 1:

Ditched the Omega 2.4.74a and installed Catalyst 3.7, score jumped nearly NEARLY 10,000 POINTS to 38,668. Uninstalled the Catalyst 3.7 and installed the newest Omega drivers - 2.4.78. Score was nearly the same as the 3.7s.

Oh yes - I could swear the Omega drivers render better quality graphics.

I'll post results from NF7-S/AMD 2800XP when I get a chance.
    edited September 2003
    Here's System No. 2 with the Radeon clocked at 330 core/310 memory.

This system also experienced a much higher score after uninstalling the Omega 2.4.74 drivers, installing the Omega 2.4.78's.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Wow. I want a System 2 with a Radeon at 330/310... Instead I've got a gF at 270/540(270)
    edited September 2003
    Leonardo said
    Updates for System No. 1:

Ditched the Omega 2.4.74a and installed Catalyst 3.7, score jumped nearly NEARLY 10,000 POINTS to 38,668. Uninstalled the Catalyst 3.7 and installed the newest Omega drivers - 2.4.78. Score was nearly the same as the 3.7s.

Oh yes - I could swear the Omega drivers render better quality graphics.
    I changed to the latest Omega and I only got 1,279 more :(. But my card is only at 281/281 :o I need better cooling all around to go higher.
    edited September 2003
    Blackhawk,

Before installing the latest Omega drivers (2.4.78, yes?) were you running Catalyst drivers? the Cats are good, but they can be a royal pain to completely remove. If though, you were using the Catalyst 3.7 previously, your new score probably is logical. There was not much difference in speed for me between Cat 3.7 and Omega ~78.
    edited September 2003
    AquaMark 3 should be understood as a good supplement to the range of benchmarking software out there. It definitely offers a good impression of different graphic cards' performances.

Oh well, read the pros and cons of this benchmarking program here .
    edited September 2003
    Leonardo said
    Blackhawk,

Before installing the latest Omega drivers (2.4.78, yes?) were you running Catalyst drivers? the Cats are good, but they can be a royal pain to completely remove. If though, you were using the Catalyst 3.7 previously, your new score probably is logical. There was not much difference in speed for me between Cat 3.7 and Omega ~78.
    Well I gotta correct what I said before. I was using the Cat 3.7 and installed the Omega 2.4.78 and OC'ed the card a bit to 281/281 from like 263/263 (my card is underclocked by default :() so I don't really know what performance I got or loss with the Omega. Now I won't know for awhile since I reinstalled 2k3 cause I was bored :banghead:
  • ishiiiishiii Cold lake, AB, CA
    edited September 2003
    Hey guys
    here are the results with less running in the background.
    I know I can score higher, there are a few more things I can turn of and a few more I can turn up.
    http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?runID=749779978

Im right in there with others of simalar specs thou, so im happy. But id like to break 40k
  • morfeumorfeu Lisbon, Portugal
    edited September 2003
    My score:

XP2100 (1764mhz)
    G4 Ti4600 (320-480)
    512 PC2700
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited September 2003
    Triangles/Sec: 10,164,017
    Frames/Sec: 33.76

GFX Score: 4,797
    CPU Score: 5,713
    Total Score: 33,763

Not too bad for my system, my CPU is a huge bottleneck right now :( Hopefully i can get a new CPU fairly soon so i can use the graphics card to its full potential. Heres my computers stats:

1700+ XP
    9800 Pro
    A7N8X Deluxe

I didn't do any special tweaking or anything, i could easily get another 2,000 points out the benchmark if i overclocked my CPU and GFX card a bit and then closed some of the running programs but i don't want to waste the time just to get a better benchmark score.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    QCH2002 said
    NO Tweaking yet...

ATI 8500 (64 MB)
    AMD Athlon 1800+ (no OC)
    1 GB Ram

About what I got. 14k something. I dont feel so bad now. Its like everyone has a 9700 or 9800 something.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Just ran it with my new video card
    P4 2.4C overclocked to 2.7(225x12)
    1.5GB ddr 400
    9800pro not overclocked yet
    WD Raptor 10k sata drive
    Win xp Pro

GFX - 5,484
    CPU - 7,494
    wow, am I doing something wrong or does my system suck or something? what be the deal.... I noticed everyone is getting MUCH higher scores than I. I restarted and set windows to not load any startup items when it restarted.

AthlonXP 2100+ at stock speed
    Radeon 9700 Pro stock speed
    768mb DDR (two sticks 2100, one stick 2700)
    aqua.gif 134.7K
    edited September 2003
    okay well yes something is wrong with that score. i was having a similar problem in 3dmark. real quick question, do you have an audigy installed? turns out creative's software was ****ing up my 3d performance, try turning that off.

both your CPU and GFX scores are very low for what you have, see what kind of results you get with 3dmark01 and 03, 01 gives an overall system performance # whereas 03 will reveal any GFX problems, as it almost only tests GFX (your card should get 5000, about dead on)
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    okay, I'm gonna restart and run a 3dmark2001se and see what happens, brb
    edited September 2003
    i'd guess somewhere in the 15k range for that system, if its much lower than that something is definitely wrong...
    edited September 2003
    this was my 3dmark2001se score... :(
    edited September 2003
    did you say thats with all processes closed? im not sure of the best way to troubleshoot where the fault lies. whenever i have a fugly bench score i troubleshoot using all the futuremark benches. pcmark can tell me if my memory / cpu / hd is performing under par, 3dmark03 can tell me if my gfx card is under par. thats just my method though.

as things stand, you might as well reformat if all processes are closed, cause i wouldn't go and blame it on bad hardware.

on second thought, before you do that, try reinstalling the latest catalysts
    edited September 2003
    so I reinstalled the ATi control panel/catalysts, reDLed and installed DirectX 9.0b, found out my AGP was running at 4x, bumped it up to 8x, did nothing :( busted out the mobo manual, messed with some AGP stuff in there, to no avail, still pulling like 17k in Aquamark.... guess ill have to mess with it somemore tomorrow