Oblivion tips and tricks (possible spoilers)

12345679»

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2009
    Yea i remeber that, i did it with ordinary grand soul gems though so i needed to use like 8 items, not as efficient, you'd never guess what happened though that strongly put me off using this tactic, warning possible spoiler...

On the last mages guild quest where you have to kill the king of the worms, to gain entry to the cave you must kill the necromancer guarding the cave, you need his key to enter. So i attacked him whilst completely invisible with mt "chameloen suit" and he just ran away, i couldn't kill him in time to stop his escape so he's still roaming this world somewhere but until i find him i'll never be the arch mage, i hope this helps you all avoid my mistake :bigggrin::bigggrin:

Hmmm I never had that problem. But then again with my maxed paralyzing glass sword, nothing really could run away.
  • ErikNorthmanErikNorthman south D.
    edited April 2009
    Im an oblivion player and am very good at it. My Nord's name is Erik Northman from a book series i am reading and he is awesome. his speed, strength, and endurance attributes are over 400 each and can outrun a black hourse courier. He can carry 3000 pounds and kill any creature with a max of 2 hits with a deadric dagger. my health, fatigue, and magicka is over 1000 each and i own every house available in the game. i can jump off of Dive Rock or white gold tower and barely get a scratch. My heavy armor, blade, blunt, marksman, block, light armor, security, sneak, conjur, destruction,alteration, illusion, mysticism, and armourer are all level 100. To get level 100 magic skills, you need to have access to Arcane University and do this:

2 level up ALMOST ANY KIND of Magic, you'll need access 2 a spell-makin alter

Alteration: Make a "Shield" spell-Duration: 1, Magnitude: 3 (lowest)

Conjuration: Make a Spell "Summon Skeleton"-Duration: 3

Destruction: Any Kind (Normal, Forst, Fire, Lightnin) Duration: 1 Magnitude: 3, On Self

Mystisism: Detect Life-Duration: 1 Distance: Lowest, On Self

Illusion: Starlight-Duration: 1 Distance: Lowest

Just keep casting these spells over and over again constantly 2 lvl up really fast, it hardly takes and Magicka and you get the same amount of exp.

To get level 100 melee or marksman combat skills, yuo need to find the Deadric God Peyrite's shrine (the one with the frozen followers), pause the game, go to options-gameplay, then turn it all the way upto max difficulty (this levels skills a lt faster). unlike the leveling technique of attacking baurus in dungeon before you escape in tutorial or attacking that dunmer at weynon priory, these npcs cannot go unconscious like others and will remain standing. then continue to use any weapong pertaining to what you want to level and you will shortly have level 100 blade, blunt, marksman, or hand to hand. ( make sure to bring plenty of repair hammers as your weapons will still take damage.) Note: you can also train destruction spells and other effect others magic schools if you wish, but it is much faster to do what i said before. Also, with the Peyrite's shrine technique, make sure top stop attacking now and then so your skill will be able to catch up level wise, or it will seem like you arent leveling. Although this is the least heard abut technique, it is by far the most effective. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE EVERSCAMP STAFF IF YOU DONT HAVE TO!!! THAT TAKES FOREVER!!!!!! IT WILL TAKE YOU ABOUT 5 HOURS TO LEVEL 10 TIMES IN THE SKILL YOU ARE TRAINING! IT TOOK ME ABOUT AN HOUR TO GET MY BLADE TO LEVEL 100! SAME AS MY OTHER COMBAT SKILLS!

to get unbelievably high attributes, you need to know the scroll uplication glitch, have access to the chironaseum in arcane university, have a filled grand soul gem with a grand soul in it, and have any sort of ring. then Do this:

*Required*
    -Access to enchanting items
    -know how to dupe

When you escape from the prison after character creation, go directly to the arena

wait till 9 am and fight untill champion then do the Orcs quest and gain the extra skills before you challange him to become grand champion

so now your done with the arena - just check in with them for new matches with creatures

go to talos plaza in the impirial city and go to dorians house

bribe him with out maxing his disposition making it go to 0 - 69 back and forth untill your new earned gold is all gone

now KILL DORIAN! how ever you do it - do it swift and silent... >smile.gif

anyways - now you can loot his body for all the gold u bribed him with..again...and again...and again! OMG FREE GOLD?!?! MUhahahahahahah!

so yeah - now u got a boatload of gold and can buy all the cheap whine you want or pay off any crime you commit!

so now you have to join the mages guild and do the 7 missions for reccomendations to gain access to the enchanting alters

find a grand soul gem from one of the mages and go trap something in it

now this is where time is consumed
    **I suggest having a few hours to do this**

Hopefully you found a blank ring of some kind and bought all the spells from the mages during the missions for recommendations

Dupe a bunch of rings and soulgems

Enchant the rings as follows
    -a fortify attribute
    -short name *e.g str1 str2

make a bunch of rings fortifying attributes or skills +10
    WITH DIFFERENT NAMES like *str1 str2 str3
    you can also do this with all types of shield enchantments too.

when your done drop your scrolls untill u have 2 left

dupe all the rings you made so you have 2 of each

now equip ONE of the rings you made and go to inventory. double click on the scroll that you have 2 of, then go to the duplicae ring you dont have on and drop it. it will drop both rings of the same kind, but will show the effects as still being on you. now its like you have them on but you actually dont! ( I usually leave them on the ground till im done)

do this for every ring you enchanted and your stats and skills will be uber high! depending on what enchantments you put on the rings
    (DO NOT ATTEMPT WITH NIGHT-EYE, DETECT LIFE, OR LIGHT!! CAN GET REAL OLD REAL FAST AND NO WAY TO TAKE IT OFF!!!) Also, Dont try this with freather as it does not always work. just strength if you want to be able to carry that extra weight. i also did it with water breathing, as you will also be able to swim very fast and water walking can get annoying.

**you cant undo this buy equiping the ring again and taking it off**

I just stored the rings in the cabinet in the chironaseum lol

so now your char should be uber strong and fast! You can do this for as long as you want and will basically be unbeatable.

ALSO: be sure to have at least levl 50 restoration ( you have to be able to cast the spell) for this and you have to have the fortify whatever spell to enchant it. do not bother getting the higher level fortify splls as it wont make a difference if you are using grand soul gems and have grand souls in them. FILLED GRAND SOUL GEMS CAN BE DUPED! SO JUST BUY 1 FROM MAGES GUILD IN BRUMA WITH A GRAND SOUL IN IT AND DUPLICATE IT. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME LEVELING CONJURATION UP IF YOU DONT HAVE TO! THE ONLY 2 CREATURES THAT HAVE GRAND SOULS ARE XIVLIA AND LICH. NOT NETHER LICH, JUST LICH. use a regular grand soul gem for this and NOT Azura's star.

To scroll duplicate:
    Get 2 OR MORE of a scroll (example:2-infinite Burdening Touch) and go to the inventory and push A twice on the scroll and the drop any item u want to duplicate(DO NOT DROP DAEDRIC QUEST ITEMS OR UNIQUE ITEMS LIKE UMBRA'S SWORD)!UMBRA'S ARMOR WILL WORK THO)when u exit the equipment menu two of the item u dropped will appear instead of 1, u can duplicate different scrolls too. YOU MUST HAVE ONLY 1 IN INVENTORY TO DUPLICATE!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT! ALSO, SOME UNIQUE ITEMS WILL WORK. As with everything else i told you, make sure to save before you attempt this! if you try to duplicate lockpcks, make sure it is a very low amount of scrolls you are using, as the # of scrolls you have is the # of the item you will get. Lockpicks have a tendency to freeze the ame if in large amounts, but dont worry. i have an alternative to NORMAL lockpicks lol.

Security leveling: ( must be level 10)

You are given the location of the shrine by Alves Uvenim in the leyawiin mages guild. she requires no offering. but you do need to be at level 10 or higher to begin. you have to get back her \"eye\" that was stolen. once you do, she gives you the skeleton key (an umbreakable lockpick that boosts your secuity skill by 40 points). Use auto attempt on very hard locks to level quickly.

Sneak:

Murder a fool, the go to jail, not pay gold. serve your time then go to one of your houses or guilds and sleep. a guy named lucien lachanse should wake you up and ask you to join the dark brotherhood. say yes and he will give yuo a pretty useless blade ( at first) and tell you to kill rufio. go to where rufio is and he will be sleeping. go into a corner of that room and sneak. use a rubber band or something to keep you sneaking (slowly) and he will never wake up. be sure to check your comp or game console regularly to awcknowledge the apprentice, journeyman, expert, and master pop-ups. you should have mater sneak in bout an hour or so.

Follow this and you will be an oblivion god like me =). also, Umbra's sword DOES depend on level. NOT to get it, it will aways be there, but the damage it does. I dont use the chameleon thing tho since it doesnt matter for me lol.

Good Luck and have fun with your super hero! also, dont be a vamp after you do this cause it qould be a waste to have done all of this and not be able to go in the sun. Plus i would have to slay you lolz. O ya, make sure you milk Dorian for all he is worth with the Dorian gold glitch cause this all takes tons of money. well, the enchantment part does. i spent like 300k lol.

-ErikNorthman-VampSlaya
    edited April 2009
    Also, i forgot to tell you guys y build lol. lets see....

Race: Nord
    Birth Sign: Warrior
    Class: Customized:
    Combat:
    Blade
    Blunt
    Heavy Armor
    Security
    Alchemy
    Alteration
    Restoration

And to level up the heavy armor and light armor, just put difficulty all the way to the left and get attacked a bunch by rats, since the str of the attack being done do you doesnt matter. again, make sure you either have a spare set of the armor type or repair hammers. i use as many as 4 rats at a time at fatback cave, on the peninsula directly south of the arcane university on the imperial city island. after you change the difficulty for whatever reason, make sure it is the difficulty you desire whan done.
    edited April 2009
    and everything i posted can be done on the original version with 0 downloads or expansions...just saying.....

Also, Peyrite's shrine is on the south bank of the silverfish river, a river that leads into Niben Bay
    edited April 2009
    im gonna make a youtube vid of my guy so u guys can check it out.

it'll be called " ErikNorthman-VampSlaya Extraordinaire" tho i wont actually kill vamps cause they too weak and wont really be impressive enough lol. prolly fight some xivlia or deadroth or somethin. and by fight, i mean stand there while they do 0 damage on max difficulty lol. with no armor lol. or weps.....
    edited April 2009
    Random Tip: The best way to make money is Dorian. Make sure you dont max out his disposition until you have put about 500gp into bribing him. youll make 10 mil like me in no time lolz.

Random Tip: The second you break out of the prison, head to vindasel and kill umbra. turn difficulty all the way down and use flare a bunch. then you will have some good starter armor. some people like to use this armor for the rest of the game, which is fine if you have the health and enchantments to back it up. since my nord is good enough def wise, i just use full orcish armor, non enchanted, and masque of clavicus vile. yes yes, i turned umbra's sword in since it isnt as good as most people think once you can get daedric and enchante them. and if you get the sword before getting the "kill umbra" quest from clavicus Vile's shrine, make sure to wait until you see the pop-up that says "you have retrieved umbra, you should return to the clavicu vile to recieve your reward. you have to talk to the head worshipper guy to activate the quest, then wait a minute. once you are level 20, you are going to want to do the Daedric God Boethia's quest so you can get Goldbrand, some sweet Daedric armor, and the best arrows in the game.
    edited April 2009
    So...how sweet is the molag bal mace? it took me a while to figure out the way to get the dude to kill me with the cursedmace, bt i did and it was soooooo worth it. i dont use it, but it kind of reminds me of Sauron's mace from lotr lol. i collect Daedric quest weps, enchanted weps and armors, and Guard cuirasses and shields lol. Nothing like pillaging a good town after lunch!
    edited April 2009
    Im hoping to revive this thread to talk about super characters, has anyone out there got an unbeatable or highly specialized character??
    well, you know my answer to that, karmicRectribute. hope it helps!
  • edited July 2009
    peryite's shrine...his worshippers never move or die as long as you dont complete his quest..so if you have the patience i do then you can pound on them with whatever your trying to raise..
  • edited March 2010
    An easy way to get 5 empty grand sg's is go to the arcane u in the lobby there will b a display case with 3 of them...theres a display case in brumas mages guild that have a few too...
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited April 2010
    Think I might reinstall Oblivion one day.
    I've had some success with FO3 mods and it's given me a bit more confidence with modding the game, so are there any good Oblivion ones I should get?
  • ZarineshZarinesh New
    edited April 2010
    Back to Morrowind for me...

I miss good ol' Fargoth.
  • edited May 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Thought I'd give a clarification to Deicist's post.
    At roughly level 13, you can get the fabled Umbra sword and a full suit of Ebony Armor from a woman concealed quite nimbly within the shadows of a dungeon called Vindasel (Southwest of Lakefront, ~7 o'clock on the road).. With an enchanted Daedra longsword you can get from creatures behind any of the later Oblivion Gates, you can hit hard enough to kill her. It counts as a murder, but you get a sword and a suit of armor that would make you wet your pants. You'll have a visit paid by a gentleman from the Dark Brotherhood - decline his offers if you wish, and then kill him as he leaves; you'll have no bounty, a clean record, and mind-numbing equipment.

Found this out with my pal when he was playing it on the 360 tonight (3/29/06) -- just read this thread today, now that I've started playing it.

You dont have to be level 13. I Was level 2 when i killed her. You just have to crouch and make sure she doesnt see you then use flare and the goblin shaman staff thingy