Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Discussion

Comments

• deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited April 2006
    Yeah well, they can make more money from it by doing that. It's like EA with BF2 and the 'booster packs'. Companies used to make do with a one off payment for games, now they can get a sustainable revenue stream.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited April 2006
    I don't think a buck fity is to much to ask for a download as long as its something useable.

What they need to do is open up more land and make more primary quests. A friend of mine beat the game at level 8 and I was really dissapointed. He missed out on the entire game really other then the main plot line.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Indeed, welcome to the forum, Merlyn, and thanks for the tip!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Thanks, Merlyn. Welcome. I love this thread.
  • edited April 2006
    :clap: any1 got shadowmere yet damm that horse id fast the last quest (spoiler coming) sistamaticly killing eveyone soo much fun espaclly cause most of them ahve magical weponry:Pwned:
    edited April 2006
    I figured this is as good a place as any to put in a plug... Who wants to see Kvatch get rebuilt? Turns out, a lot of folks do. Some modders got together to create the "Kvatch Rebuilt" project. They were looking to add some folks to the team, and I'm now their web coding monkey. Here's the website, though I haven't done any work for them yet: http://kvatch.geekw4re.net/

So far they've got some really great work going on. In fact, the project leader already has a map of Kvatch built in which the city is entirely intact.

By the way, I'm trying my best not to read the inside details of the project, like I said, I'm just there to help them with the website... I don't want to spoil the new Kvatch rebuilding quests for myself. ;)
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited April 2006
    Anyone know how to turn off Vampirism from the console? Somehow everyone ingame is acting like my character is a vamp, but he hasn't been bitten. infact its been 7 ingame days after it first started and I haven't had any vampiric symptoms!

At this rate, I should just go get bitten so I can do the quest to cure and hope that fixes it...but if theres a way to do it from the console then I'd rather go that route and continue on.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Man you guys are scaring me. I'm level 10 and I haven't even started the main quest yet :eek3:

Guess I should get to it then :-/
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I found a link to a mod that makes the UI less "consoley" on the PC...my copy of Oblivion doesn't arrive till next week, so I can't try it till then...

http://btmod.beider.org/
    edited April 2006
    Man you guys are scaring me. I'm level 10 and I haven't even started the main quest yet :eek3:

Guess I should get to it then :-/

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I think the levelling difficulty peaks in the early 20's, once you get past level 25 or so you start to outpace the NPC levelling, and once you hit level 30 or so you get back to kicking ass and taking names :)
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    The mod shwaip linked is very nice... I have a million and one potions & ingredients and I'd hate to scroll through them with only like 5 on one page!

I'm level 24 and still haven't gone to Kvatch...
    edited April 2006
    I haven't tried BTmod yet, but I intend to. Thanks shwaip!

Tycho was extolling the virtues of the mod on PA today as well. He must be reading this thread. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I haven't tried BTmod yet, but I intend to. Thanks shwaip!

Tycho was extolling the virtues of the mod on PA today as well. He must be reading this thread. :thumbsup:

or it's the other way around ;)
    edited April 2006
    shwaip wrote:
    or it's the other way around ;)

ssh! :wink:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Yea... There was this problem with Morrowind as well...
  • edited April 2006
    You can find grand soul gems laying about in the various mages guilds too. Or you can steal them from locked display cases in magic shops.

Cool, I just joined the Mages Guild last night. I will check them out and get those gems. I have been scavenging around old mines and things and found one. There were other gems there as well, I guess I will go back and get those gems. I will update you on the vampire thing. It sucks having to figure out what time it will be if I travel. The first few times I did it too close to dawn and when I got to my location I instantly died from the sun.
    edited April 2006
    I thought if you fed every night that the 'bad' effects of vampirism were negated, it's only if you don't feed that the sunlight damage comes into play and your appearance changes.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Wow, this game is so huge, im in oblivion, the first time that gp in I guess. It's crazy. I feel like I am too weak though. I am level two. although, my guys main ability is sneaking. And I found out really quick that getting caught stealling is a bad thing. But I have gotten away with it a few times.

I have a horse now, but I dont know what happened to it now that im in oblivion. Sometimes I feel like I have a loss of direction though. Adn the game kills my computer. When I was riding the horse I was droping multiple frames left and right. and it studders sometimes.

I really want a new computer now, but I dont want to repeat what I did with this computer. I bought this one about a month before s939 came out because i couldnt wait. so now im stuck with a s754 system.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2006
    Has anyone else noticed that the Count of Skingrad appears to be a vampire? he does not speak to you directly without first speaking to his 'aid'. Then he will come out if you have something important to discuss with him. I noticed he had those redish colored eyes. People around the castle say he leads a very private life. Haven't found a quest to dig up more info yet though..
  • edited April 2006
    he is a vampire. if u ever turn into a vampire he is the guy to talk to. he reveals the quest to cure urself of vampirism. also everyone should look at my previous post about Dorian.:bigggrin:
    edited April 2006
    The vampire in the dark brotherhood (whose name escapes me at the moment) tells you that the count is a vampire.
  • manicmushroommanicmushroom essex, under a giant raincloud
    edited April 2006
    why does everyone moan about finding people to eat being a vamp. its so easy to just find a beggar, or go into a guild at night time is my top feeding place.
  • edited April 2006
    deicist wrote:
    I'm not 100% sure Umbra is levelled like everything else in the game, although Thrax said level 13 there I'm pretty sure I found Umbra long before that, something like level 8, which would seem to show that it's not levelled. I could be remembering it wrong though :) anyway, by Lakefront I think he means the waterfront district of the imperial city.

It musn't be levelled as i got it at level 4, and i could wear the ebony armour too :Pwned:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    ulag-mor wrote:
    Got a tip for training Athletics too:

Use Auto-run (default "Q") up against the wall if you are going out somewhere or taking a break, your character will keep running into the wall and train Atletics at the same time.

works pretty good, im level one, and my athletics are now 48, started at 15. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will also be able to train my sneak like this. Not sure if this is cheating, or taking advantage of the auto run, but it works.:tongue:
  • edited April 2006
    Okay here's what made me stop playing this game.

Equip a bow and some arrows.

Draw back your bow, hit F3.

Double click on your arrows, then shift click on an item.

Then hit tab and when ur arrow fires it will fire a ton of ur item you shift click.
    (There will be one dupe for every arrow.)

You now never have to buy anything ever again and have unlimited money. It really ruins the game :-(.

Sorry I felt so miserable i had to spread the disappointment.
    edited April 2006
    Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you have to.
    spoilerboy wrote:
    Okay here's what made me stop playing this game.

Equip a bow and some arrows.

Draw back your bow, hit F3.

Double click on your arrows, then shift click on an item.

Then hit tab and when ur arrow fires it will fire a ton of ur item you shift click.
    (There will be one dupe for every arrow.)

You now never have to buy anything ever again and have unlimited money. It really ruins the game :-(.

Sorry I felt so miserable i had to spread the disappointment.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    shwaip wrote:
    Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you have to.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's an exploit that can ruin the game if you use it. Just don't use it. It's kind of like saying "I stopped playing this game because I can enter 'iwantanassloadofmoney' in the console, and it gives me an assload of money." =)
  • edited April 2006
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Took the words right out of my mouth. It's an exploit that can ruin the game if you use it. Just don't use it. It's kind of like saying "I stopped playing this game because I can enter 'iwantanassloadofmoney' in the console, and it gives me an assload of money." =)

That better work :nudge:

He probably wanted to try and ruin it for everyone else :P
  • edited April 2006
    i got oblivion and i cant stop playing i am a level 15 dark elf and am the grandmaster of the theives guild, the arena guild and the dark brotherhood .
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I know the feeling. I'm level 23 and STILL haven't started the main quest yet :D