Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Discussion

1235»

Comments

• edited August 2006
    HOLY CRAP! I finally took the time to learn the duplication glitch. I used it on paintbrushes and actually climbed the huge tower in the imperial city. well, i got 3/4 of the way before the building nolonger was solid and I fell to my death. Anyways, this could be like THE glitch now.Duplicating paintbrushes and making them levitate into platforms. Some one could pull some seriously cool stuff with this. I also got ontop of the main ingridient in the imperial city market. I then Repedidly summoned daedroths and shot at people with arrows. LOL :)
  • edited August 2006
    my dude is soooo strong i have 36 reflect damage and am a level 28. my brother is supiorer HE HAS 76 reflect damage and he could make it 100!
  • edited September 2006
    Since the Tips and Tricks thread seems to have died and this one is headed there, maybe someone here could answer a few of my dire questions?

Few quick questions for you Oblivion savvy folks:

1. I know when becoming jailed, you can lose any stat and gain +1 or soforth in sneak and security. Is it possible to lose sneak and security in jail? Also, using this + skill in jail method, can you go above 100?

2. What is the highest level your character can attain?

3. Does anyone know the location of the sword said to be better than Umbra? Blood Thorn or something like that?

4. I just closed the Great Oblivion Gate but have yet to go to Cloud Top to enter "Paradise"... am I close to closing all the gates? (I don't want to close them all yet)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

( FYI on the "Allies for Bruma" quest... I'm not a huge fan of Oblivion gate but I closed Bruma's and Anvil's gate and it was more than enough soldiers to last me, although I did end up having to kill most of them myself. Also, Jauffre and uhh, Barius I think both died, does this happen automatically or did I just not do well enough to keep them alive? One of them had a nice enchanted dagger though >=] )
  • Morpheus17Morpheus17 Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2009
    I play Oblivion on my PS3 so there arent any cheats you can use to manipulate the fabric of the game (dublicating weapons, tons of money really quickly) but i have recently discovered what i like to think of as Cloud 9 when it comes to money. I am a lvl 27 Breton Spellsword, so i find myself facing off against alot of Minotaurs, Ogres, and countless other beasts from hell. I am an expert of Alchemy, Journeyman of Armorer, Apprentice of Mysticism, Journeyman of Restoration, and many others. The significance of these skills lies in the fact that i dont need to pay to repair my magical weapons and armour, i can fill my own soul gems to recharge my enchanted weapons, i can make a potion for pretty much any effect i need, and i can cast spells strong enough to restore my health quickly. What this all adds up to is more money in the pocket, because i dont need to spend money on keeping myself alive.

For the past few days all i have been doing is picking a spot on the map that i havent really explored, fast travel to the nearest landmark, and just start walking. When i find a cave i start purging it of everything alive inside, clean out every chest, take every item worth over 1200 gold, and then i go back to my house in the Imperial City (my little "bat cave") and dump all of the stuff i have found into the various chests and dressers. Then later on after i have tons of each type of item (armours, weapons, potions, spells, gems) i remove all my heavy armour and put on some simple pants and a shirt, grab as much of one type of item as i can and head to a store in the market district. Doing this has got me a current total of 60,000 gold and an average of 15,000 gold a night. Cheers!!
  • ErikNorthmanErikNorthman south D.
    edited April 2009
    See Oblivion Super Characters forum for my guide to making,well, a super character lol. Took me some time so you should take a little time to review it and let me know what i can do to improve it.
    Thanks!
  • ErikNorthmanErikNorthman south D.
    edited April 2009
    my dude is soooo strong i have 36 reflect damage and am a level 28. my brother is supiorer HE HAS 76 reflect damage and he could make it 100!

If you want to beat your brother when it comes to god-like characters, check out my guide on "oblivion super characters" forum.
    Thanks!