Who are you?

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2005
    I think I know who your professor is.;)

Welcome to the forums and Team 93!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Welcome to the team, lusty_lady/// errr... lady_nikon ;)

Tell your professor I said hello :D
  • Lady_NikonLady_Nikon Kentucky
    edited May 2005
    Thankyou all very much glad I can help as for the professor it is very possible you know him.
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, I've been known to hang out with him on occasion ;)
  • edited June 2005
    Real name Stuart, 27 years old from the UK.

Work as a manager for my parents business selling and repairing home appliances.

Been reading the news and info on SM for around a year or so. Decided this week to join the forums and finally came across the folding section (always wondered what the hell that link was!)

Well, hope to be a contribution to team 93, happy folding!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Thank you for activating your ACTIVE button. :scratch: Let's try English - thank you for staying with forums and now, for joining the team! Hope you have as much fun and intrigue with it as the rest of the members.

Welcome, Sir!
  • edited July 2005
    Hey all,

Got my computer sorted out on another section of this forum, saw a link to folding.... hadnt a clue what it was at first, but now all up and running :)

Real name is Martin, live in Scotland,UK (were its cold and rainy most of the time :( ) anyway, Still at school... while working in a restaraunt and training for my Private Pilots License,

Hoping to contribute alot,

Thanxs,
    Martin.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Thanks for taking the time. Welcome to team 93!
    edited July 2005
    Welcome to the team! :)
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2005
    Welcome Martin. :thumbsup:
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    My name is Kyle Pate. I am 17 years old and live in Oak Grove, Missouri which is a town full of red necks and ford trucks. I heard about short-media by word of mouth of 3 of my fellow classmates, Park_7677, AuthorityAction(or whatever name he uses now), and Zero1. I have very much so enjoyed my stay here so far and I plan to stay here a long time. I recently started folding and just completed my first WU today. I also finished my new computer that I worked my ass off and then some to get(7 months just for the pc, no monitor, etc.) I work at Fazoli's, an Italian fast food restaurant. I make minimum wage but it's a lot of fun. Larry, AKA mtgoat, has helped me tremendously with the building of my new PC and I respect him greatly for that and the great person he is. I just wish I was here earlier. I enjoy computers and music, mainly Rivers Cuomo and Weezer. I plan on going to college in the field of computers but haven't completely decided exactly what yet. I plan on being here a long while.
    -Kyle-
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited July 2005
    I am Nicholaus Lichtman. I live in Sterling Heights, MI -US. I am 16 years old and am working on getting a job. I began my folding career about a week ago. I want to do my part for the community but not have to spend a whole lot of time thinking about it. I love video games and am planning on working in the industry. I am not sure if I will start an Indie company or if I will get a job at one of the famous companies. I have been downloading free game developement software for a while now onto my computer. I am going to be a Junior in High School. I am taking a graphic arts class this coming year and will be working in that class for 3 hours a day. I plan on going to college(hopefully a big college like MIT or something). I hope I get a scholarship. I live with my father and grandparents. My mother lives with my stepfather and their son and daughter in San Diego, CA -US. I've played Halo 2 and wonder why it is that everyone likes it better than UT04 when UT04 is a much better game. I am a Playtation fan. I like talking to people directly, in person, better than on the phone. I just told you guys a whole lot of crap about myself and hope that I didn't offend someone.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    checkmate wrote:
    I've played Halo 2 and wonder why it is that everyone likes it better than UT04 when UT04 is a much better game.
    HAHAHA my new best friend, welcome to the party
    edited July 2005
    Word, ][V][agic, Word! Thanx!
  • OrianeOriane Turn around.
    edited August 2005
    While I may be not completely sold on joining Folding@Home yet, I may be lurking here and drop a post in now and then- so I decided to give you a clue-

Name: K.
    PC: Souped up AMD 2600+ I'm planning to replace with an X2-style system

Interest in Folding@Home: Becoming more than casual.

I started in the Short-Media forum by clicking on a reference link while looking for PC information. The quality of the info I got here was over the top compared to what I'd been seeing- so I decided to look around.

Believe it or not, I only vaguely remember hearing of FAH, and I'm kind of surprised it's not been talked about more. But then again if it's not school it's sports ... yadda, yadda. Though my studies may not take me into genetic research, every med student takes the classes. So I wandered over to the Stanford forums and started looking at the write-ups and downloading some of the research. While I can't tell you in detail what they are doing yet, I can say that they have only scratched the surface of what is out there- even towards what they hope to accomplish. I can also tell you that parallel processing + distributive computing is the ONLY way I can think of right now to process the physics. The job is not just large ... huge and staggering are only simple adjectives ...

To solve for the simple elements involved is tough enough and it gets even more complicated when you start trying to simulate how they bond, construct, etc. In my case I have more questions now about media, contaminants, introduction of heavier elements- uh, let's not go there. Let's just say I have a lot to start going through in what may wind up in my own research.

Dang. And school isn't even in ....

But I've also lost some friends and relatives ... so I want to at least post here and say thanks to everyone for giving more than just intentions.

Well, I may join this team to help fold but I might be spending more time nagging Vijay & Co.

:)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Nice to meet you, Oriane. :)
    Oriane wrote:
    ...Well, I may join this team to help fold but I might be spending more time nagging Vijay & Co.

:)
    You could always do both. :vimp:
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2005
    This is a great place for nagging, in fact it's a great place for anything. And as far as folding goes, if we don't do it then who does? Fold on and welcome. :thumbsup:
    edited August 2005
    welcome to the party oriane, fold on buddy :fold::fold::fold:
    edited August 2005
    Welcome!
  • edited August 2005
    Hey, My birthday is on July 1st 1990, which makes me 15 as of right now, I joined short-media in December of 2004, i was lead here because i had spyware and if i recall corectly it was home search assistant and i got really good help here by shwaip in the spyware section so i decided to just stick around for a while and i well i am still here. I turned in my first WU just a week ago on August the 3rd. I am gonna start my sophmore year of high school at Hebron High School tommorrow, which makes today the last day of summer :bawling:. I Finished building my first computer on January 5, 2005. I am going to start my first class of Computer Science this year, basically its just using JCreator and learning JAVA. Well thats all for now and i have had a great time with Short-Media and hope to become a moderator some day.
    edited August 2005
    welcome :thumbsup:
  • snoangelsnoangel midwest
    edited August 2005
    Hi all! I am quite new to all this...I found my way to the forums just the other day while trying to help a friend with her infected computer...I hope I get a reply soon for her sake! I'm in college and have been spending what little free time I have on trying to learn more about computers...I really envy my guy friends who are computer gurus and hate having to ask them stupid questions. Since I've been reading the forums frequently since happening upon them and find the members here to be kind and helpful, I decided I wanted to contribute to the site by joining folding at home...can't really contribute any knowledge yet unfortunately! I hope to find other ways to contribute as well!
    edited August 2005
    Welcome to Short-Media. We have all levels of experience. There are those at the beginning, intermediates, and true experts in hardware and software here. Never be afraid to ask questions. Many of the experts here started out here or at related forums, getting their feet wet by asking "stupid" questions.
    edited August 2005
    Welcome to the forums and the Team. Keep reading and the knowledge will come.
  • freya9699freya9699 E.Stroudsburg PA
    edited September 2005
    My name is Jessica, tho everyone calls me Freya. I just came across this site while looking for some help with a pc problem. While waiting for an answere I started poking around and found this project. With all the friends and family members I have lost to cancer and such, feeling as if there was nothing I could do to help now I have found something. It may not be much but every little bit helps.
    edited September 2005
    Indeed it does, Freya... Welcome to our family :)
    edited September 2005
    It may not be much but every little bit helps.
    It may indeed not be much. But, there are many "not be much" team members, and together we pack 'much' wallop. :D
    edited September 2005
    welcome freya
    edited September 2005
    Welcome to the Project!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    welcome to the team freya!
    we are always "may not be much" away from finding a cure. :thumbsup: