* Icrontic Lan 2007 *

Comments

• RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited February 2007
    Well, I should have enough rewards points on Southwest by June for a ticket anywhere in the US... need to get approval from the Missus, and find out if Southworst flys to that area....
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2007
    Oh snap, Rada can't wait to see you in Michigan if you make it.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited February 2007
    Anyone gonna go though or around the KC area on the way the LAN?
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Looks like this is gonna have a great turnout and some new faces to ply with booze :cool:
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited February 2007
    Can everyone do me a favor and do less drinking of alcoholic beverages this year and more game-playing? I felt a little out of place while everyone was getting sledgehammered...
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    checkmate wrote:
    Can everyone do me a favor and do less drinking of alcoholic beverages this year and more game-playing? I felt a little out of place while everyone was getting sledgehammered...

There were plenty of people that didn't have an ounce, good sir. And it's easy to fit in when people are drinking and you're not.. Just talk to them! :D They won't bite. Well, Pseudonym will, but he's just a silly sailor and is expressing his love.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I hardly think we were sledgehammered. I don't drink to get drunk. I drink to relax and enjoy the festivities. Sure, I get a slight buzz, but that's it.

And Puh-sway-doh is a maniacal, sexually frustrated, mutant mushroom farmer regardless of his alcohol content.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I barely gamed last year cause I was too lazy to move my computer to the tent. :rant:

This time it's on like Cheech and Chong! :rockon:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    checkmate wrote:
    I have been given the task of managing the Gaming this year and there WILL be more gaming this year. There will also be some sort of schedule of gaming events too.

Last year was awesome but with so many things going on, with so many foreign dignitaries, and such, gaming was lost. I hope to have three "official" games with competition each with some sort of prize. Structured gaming times with adequate break for Dinner. I'm still looking into the best way to pull off enough gaming to make it a LAN but not make it SO restrictive as to exclude those that want to socialize.

I hope to strike a balance... Drinking/ socializing are fine and should not impact the gaming. Those that want to game more are totally free to do so. Those that just want to socialize are also free to do as much as their bodies can handle. :D

Overall... people define "socializing" differently due to how they interact with people. Some find hanging around and talking easier than some. Drinking, many times, loosens up the crowd (see picture of Pseudonym duck taped to pole). Others find it easier to bond via in-game kills. Neither should be discouraged and each should be available. For many, it is a delicate balancing act to be a part of each group. Hopefully, we can bring both groups together so everyone has a GREAT time. So far, we've had three LANs that have all been different and all of them have been fun, just in different ways. This year, we strive to have more fun and memories than ever before. :thumbsup:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited February 2007
    I wasn't planning on bringing my computer at all. Will be to damn heavy to lug around an airport, and I'm afraid something will happen to it in transit. I guess it's time to invest in a Shuttle system.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    checkmate wrote:
    Between you and Shorty everyone would think it's all we did :rolleyes: I didn't get drunk once the entire weekend; most didn't. I only recall one night when there was overt drinking somewhere outside of the back patio, and it was after 10pm.

We enforce the drinking age, so it's not like we think someone's weird for not drinking :skeptic: Grab a Coke and come talk with us. No one cares if you're holding a beer or lemonade. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    For the record, I was not even remotely drunk throughout the entire weekend... :wtf:

I don't recall anyone actually being drunk... Well maybe except for Deana :crazy:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Neither myself nor any member of my posse had as much as a single drink the entire four days we were there. I did find myself avoiding some of the revelry, but for purely personal reasons. ;)

Maybe this year we can set a case of beer on the sidewalk every few hundred yards on the Walk For The Cure - we might get a bigger turnout. :vimp:
    edited February 2007
    I don't recall anyone actually being drunk... Well maybe except for Deana :crazy:
    Bingo.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Naw, guys, it's cool.. She had water! She was fiiiiine.
    edited February 2007
    Is CB bringing his boardgames? I want to thrash him at Around the World in 80Days.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I'm pretty sure that CB is bringing the boardgames again.
    edited February 2007

It sure looked and sounded like it...:beer:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Settlers of Catan! Settlers of Catan!
  • TequilaSunriseTequilaSunrise Detroit, MI area
    edited February 2007
    blah, blah, blah. I had fun last year:)
    edited February 2007
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Settlers of Catan! Settlers of Catan!
    Bingo.
    Sorry, we haven't done very well at defending your honor :o

;)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Drunk?! Naaahhh...

/me falls over...

I never get drunk.

In all seriousness, though, it was pretty tame.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Okay, that's right, I remember now... Cyclonite was wasted, that's true :crazy:

HOW DARE ANYBODY TALK BAD ABOUT DEANA, SHE were NOT DRUNK and her forum handle isn't TEQUILASUNRISE because of any circumstances surrounding said event!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Okay, that's right, I remember now... Cyclonite was wasted, that's true :crazy:

Haha. I like the ****in' beers.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that CB is bringing the boardgames again.

Is the six player expansion needed for settlers? I happen to have it. I also have a sweet game called Zombies!!! that can be quite entertaining.

And I saw some people playing M:tG in the video. I'm bringing my deck.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2007

I think your friend had more fun :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I think your friend had more fun :)

Which friend? This friend? :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=22618&stc=1&d=1172002408
    474.png 62.9K
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Purple Tequila Monster!!:honoes:
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2007
    heh...
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I never saw anything out of hand or out of line from anyone last year. Sure, some weebles may have wobbeled and even fell down. But no one was ever rude or disrespectful to anyone because of alcohol. Personally, I may even need to ramp it up a little myself this year. ;)