* Icrontic Lan 2007 *

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    Wowzers, bowzers and great big honkin bean burritos batman!

I can't wait and just may sell my Kona time slot to stay longer this year.

Who would be interested in more grill action if we could come up with a REAL grill this year? Sorry Brian but that is really a poor excuse for even a yankee grill. ;) If we could come up with some old refrigerator racks we could dig a pit! :)

I am so down for that! I'll help dig the pit, it's been a long time since I've seen one of those.

Ohh yeah, and count me in finally! I'll be saving up for a plane ticket because I sure as hell ain't driving. Huzzah for vacation time!
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I hope to be in attendance once again - are we gonna have another run? :bigggrin:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    sharkydart wrote:
    I hope to be in attendance once again...
    I hope to see you there. :cheers:
    ...are we gonna have another run? :bigggrin:
    Definitely! :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    We're at 31 registered attendees, which means we are very close to the closure of signups!

I'm taking 35 people this year, with prior experience saying 1 or 3 of the currently registered attendees won't actually make it, we should be around 30 or so :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Wow... RWB is coming as well. This could be the best lan/party/drinking session EVER!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Yeah I need to get the attendee fee to prime I guess. Gonna have to wait on my next paycheck though.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I am now not able to go. I have had 2 very wonderful events take place in my life that will make it impossible to attend. So 2 good things to cause 1 bad thing is an acceptable trade off for me! I will enlighten everyone a little later on as to the nature of the 2 good things as they will be very far reaching in my life.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Glad to know things are going so well for you Larry. I can pretty much guess what one of those events are :wink: but we'll wait for the news.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    No uncle Larry :(

I am really quite gutted but if things are going well, then that's all good :D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Aww. :(

Very happy that things are going well, though! :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Larry! I'm glad things are going well for you. All the same, I'll miss you this year!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    I am now not able to go. I have had 2 very wonderful events take place in my life that will make it impossible to attend. So 2 good things to cause 1 bad thing is an acceptable trade off for me! I will enlighten everyone a little later on as to the nature of the 2 good things as they will be very far reaching in my life.
    Sex change finally approved by insurance? ;D

No really, You will be missed. I'll walk the three miles in your name. Hopefully, I won't wrench my ankle this time. :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Sorry to hear it, Larry :( That's two years I won't be able to try Uncle Goat's Famous Grilled Steak :hrm:
    edited March 2007
    QCH2002 wrote:
    ...I'll walk the three miles in your name. Hopefully, I won't wrench my ankle this time. :D
    Getting your excuse ready so soon? :cool:

Revenge shall be mine! :rarr:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Sorry to hear it, Larry :( That's two years I won't be able to try Uncle Goat's Famous Grilled Steak :hrm:

I had 2 of those awesome steaks :) yummmm...... Gigantor was hungry.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I'll be there. I'll find a way.

Hey if it's a ride you need I have to go your way
    to get to LAN 07.
    PM me
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I'm happy and sad for you, Larry. We'll miss ya this year.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I got a moment so I won't leave you guys hanging in total darkness.
    1. I got the promotion at work I have been waiting for. It is 10hrs a week less for a 11.4K annual increase over my current average. It will begin very soon and will also require me to be present and accounted for till the end of summer.
    2. The relationship I had been nurturing has taken off despite riding the brakes and is now a very comfortable place for me. In case no one noticed, I have been around even less lately. ;)

Thank you all and I will find a way to visit soon.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Sounds like if we get to see you next year, we'll have even more to celebrate! Congrats Larry!

I'll see if I can show these people how to BBQ in your stead. I'm afraid it will have to be Oklahoma style, but that's close enough, right? ;)

(Que Buddy J describing the difficulty in differentiating the meat and the charcoal by the time I'm done with it in 3... 2... )
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    I got a moment so I won't leave you guys hanging in total darkness.
    1. I got the promotion at work I have been waiting for. It is 10hrs a week less for a 11.4K annual increase over my current average. It will begin very soon and will also require me to be present and accounted for till the end of summer.
    2. The relationship I had been nurturing has taken off despite riding the brakes and is now a very comfortable place for me. In case no one noticed, I have been around even less lately. ;)
    Thank you all and I will find a way to visit soon.
    edited March 2007
    I motion we keep Gargoyle away from the grill!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    He cooks a decent steak, if you like it black on the outside and raw in the middle. I'd be much more concerned about him wanting to wrap things in foil to cook them in your toaster.
    edited March 2007
    He cooks a decent steak, if you like it black on the outside and raw in the middle. I'd be much more concerned about him wanting to wrap things in foil to cook them in your toaster.

I stand by my previous motion! :cool2:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I might have to do my own grillin' then... it's been a couple years but I cook a mean steak ;)

May have to make my own chili as well... I have two kinds, one type for the folk I like, and another for the guys I don't like.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I'd be much more concerned about him wanting to wrap things in foil to cook them in your toaster.

There's a time and place for everything. I'm convinced that one's freshman year in college is the time for experimenting with electrical appliances.
    RWB wrote:
    May have to make my own chili as well... I have two kinds, one type for the folk I like, and another for the guys I don't like.

They make two kinds here, too. Red and Green :D
    edited March 2007
    I am planning to whip up a batch of my World Famous Cleveland-Style Slow-Cooked Barbecue Sandwiches.

Pepto-Bismol on the side. :D
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    RWB wrote:
    I might have to do my own grillin' then... it's been a couple years but I cook a mean steak ;)

Which one is hotter?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    Which one is hotter?

I actually only have one kind, but one has less spices than the other. People would gripe becuase their "free!" chili was too damned spicy, the last time I made it was when I lived in Florida. Pussies.
    edited March 2007
    The spicier, the better! Bring it!
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Am I still on the attendee list? I guess I should throw in my money sometime soon here...and get my plane ticket (since Keebler and I won't be having a road trip *sob*).

What do you guys usually do about your computers? Ship them? That scares me.....maybe this is a sign that I should buy a new laptop.
    edited March 2007
    If you would prefer not to ship your computer, I'm sure a loaner can be arranged. :)

Especially if you bat your eyelashes at the right people. ;)