road/street racing geek

ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
edited December 2003 in Gaming
are there any fans of Gran Turismo series in the house?

has anyone played Need For Speed Underground? It looks pretty cool... a rip-off of 2Fast 2Furious..

;D

Comments

• croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    GT3 !!!! mmmm

I see this kinda stuff all day and every day though. I work here: www.kaminari.com

Today a customer came to look at racing seats in his new Volvo R (300hp AWD), we finished a prototype front bumper for our Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII and I dropped off our Dodge SRT-4 after test fitting our enw carbon fiber hood. So yeah ... I like those games. NFS Underground looks cool (not cause its a 2F2F ripoff, but because the graphics look cool) and Rockstar is workin on Midnight Club 3, some of our kits will be in it (we got free stickers and games!!).
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited November 2003
    so you're a rice manufacturer?
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    As I missed my Need For Speed I just picked up the whole set for $16.00 at Fry's.
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    I've played GT1 for PS1 alot, loved that game, wish I could get it for the PC! Just picked up Formula 1 Challenge 99-02 awsome game! RalliSport Challenge came in today, that's going to be a hard game to learn, the car dosent drive right.... Collen McRae 2 should be here soon. I bought the Logitec MOMO Settring Wheel and Pedals Monday, very nice.....

26-128-006-04.JPG
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    NO!

Well, depends on your definition of "rice".

We manufacture body kits, wings and hoods. Its how you apply them that turns it into rice. Our kit designs are based off the existing body lines on a car. We don't make WIDE MOUTH STREET FIGHTER EVO flashy twisty sharp edged crap.

A car can have custom bumpers/sideskirts without being rice. Our company is against street racing. We were offered to be in 2F2F but declined. We don't want to be associated with "rice" or "street racers" we are more concerned with quality, saftey and style.

*smacks TheBaron* how DARE you call us RICE! :P
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    Creep had this to say
    I've played GT1 for PS1 alot, loved that game, wish I could get it for the PC! Just picked up Formula 1 Challenge 99-02 awsome game! RalliSport Challenge came in today, that's going to be a hard game to learn, the car dosent drive right.... Collen McRae 2 should be here soon. I bought the Logitec MOMO Settring Wheel and Pedals Monday, very nice.....

Colin McRae 2 = mmmmmmmmmm. There is also another rally game for the xbox that is very fun.
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Well thanks Croc, I'll keep that in mind when I never buy the XBox...... I hate consoles! PC games are where it's at!
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited November 2003
    croc_... looks like rice to me! ;);D

I like Gran Turismo. the Need For Speed series are probably the best simulations you can get as a consumer at the time they come out. I've found the car physics in them to be very accurate for the time period they were produced in. In NFS: HP2, in fact, if you replace the M5's specs with the specs for my car ('86 Mercedes 560SEL), the performance is basically identical to the real-world performance of the car.

I'll probably buy Underground. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE riced out cars, and most of the cars on there aren't worth driving, but the graphics are apparently great, and the physics should be as well, so I'll probably just put up with the cars.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    I hope someone "RICE"s your car while you sleep geeky. I guess I can't convince you guys its not rice, so I wont try anymore. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Oh ... and personally? I don't have a kit on my car, and don't plan to get one :P

Creep, I don't have/like consoles personally, but I do play on my friends every now and then. I cant pass up a good race ;) Oh and my friend just got the new castlevania for ps2, I had to play that.
  • edited November 2003
    I'm more of an Initial D fan than a Gran Turismo fan
    edited November 2003
    I was joking croc_... hence the smilies.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Rallisport is one of the few games that really rules. Me and Shorty used to play it a while back. Moto GP 2 is another but that is bikes. I am .. going to buy Underground i think, i have heard a lot of it.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    hahaha -_-;;;

I know I was joking too. But really, we aren't rice. :P

Initial D mmm.
  • edited November 2003
    Initial D mmm.

uh oh? fellow racer or anime viewer?

or

*gasp*

both?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    I watched/own all the anime. I haven't actually played the game, but I have seen it played, and I WANT to play. There is an arcade about 25 miles from me with a few setup, I might drive down there when I have time jsut to play it.

There was a game I played in vegas a few weeks back, it was some drifting game, SOO fun .. had a little e-brake for better slides too haha .... too bad the shifter was broken, and when I shifted from 4th-5th, it went down to 3rd THEN 5th, so I never got to win a race, closest I came was 3rd =(

I want Ryosuke's FC.
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited November 2003
    Been playing Need For Speed: Underground today, its quite fun but the races seem VERY repetative to me, granted the layout of the courses change but at least so far, this is all based in the same areas making the scenery very repetative.

Controls seem good, not tried turning off auto weight balance yet to know how realistic it gets though :)

Have a pic of medium setting (ti4200 :P):
    nfsu.jpg 115.3K
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited November 2003
    I will buy it and expect mods to be out shortly with all our American favorites
    edited November 2003
    FART PIPE DEAD AHEAD!!! (see Souriat's SS) ;D
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Geeky1 had this to say
    the Need For Speed series are probably the best simulations you can get as a consumer at the time they come out. I've found the car physics in them to be very accurate for the time period they were produced in.

Bahhh, far from it. Go try Grand Prix Legends, thats as close as you'll ever get to the real deal on a console or PC and nothing has EVER came close. MotoGP is surprisingly good with its physics and such when you turn up the reality, and Rallisport is one of the best racing games around (Far superior to NFS IMHO)

I find the NFS series to be the absolute worst in terms of cars, handling, and fun. Never liked any of their stuff much. (Although, haven't played underground yet, we'll see if that changed if I ever get around to it and stop playing Project Gotham 2).

edit// Sorry, NFS is second worst. The test drive series is the absolute worst.
    edited November 2003
    Pseudonym... actually, Test Drive is the worst
    followed very closely by Microsoft's Midtown Madness series.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Geeky1 had this to say
    Pseudonym... actually, Test Drive is the worst
    followed very closely by Microsoft's Midtown Madness series.

Yeah, I threw it in my edit, ya prolly missed it because of that. I'd forgotten all about that steaming pile.
  • edited November 2003
    I watched/own all the anime. I haven't actually played the game, but I have seen it played, and I WANT to play. There is an arcade about 25 miles from me with a few setup, I might drive down there when I have time jsut to play it.

I usually drive 15-20 minutes to get to the arcade around here to play. It's probably one of my favorite arcade games ever.
    I want Ryosuke's FC.

I've got one, the FD handles better in my opinion, but what do I know, I'm just a 86 levin driver ;)
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    Xenogeared had this to say

I want Ryosuke's FC.

I've got one, the FD handles better in my opinion, but what do I know, I'm just a 86 levin driver ;)

I mean't a REAL FC mwuahahahaha. Unless you really have an FD, that would kick ass. My friend has one, its pretty damn fast.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited November 2003
    NASCAR Racing Season 2003 takes my top racing sim crown - tho I admit I haven't played Grand Prix Legends yet. I ordered Underground, but haven't gotten it yet. I'll prolly install it, play a level or two, decide I really like it, and then relegate it to my huge pile of "games to be played"...sigh...
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    T-BirD had this to say
    NASCAR Racing Season 2003 takes my top racing sim crown - tho I admit I haven't played Grand Prix Legends yet. I ordered Underground, but haven't gotten it yet. I'll prolly install it, play a level or two, decide I really like it, and then relegate it to my huge pile of "games to be played"...sigh...

I have a pile like that too, and some games are years old and still haven't had any playtime. UGH.
  • edited November 2003
    haha croc, you can get an fc cheap these days. just check ebay! i'm currently paying off a jeep but i was thinking of getting an fc as well.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    Xenogeared had this to say
    haha croc, you can get an fc cheap these days. just check ebay! i'm currently paying off a jeep but i was thinking of getting an fc as well.

there is one cheap down the street at a used lot, but it is an automatic convertible, yuk. And well ... I jsut bought a new car, so I don't really have the money for another one yet.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited November 2003
    croc_ had this to say
    GT3 !!!! mmmm

I see this kinda stuff all day and every day though. I work here: www.kaminari.com

Today a customer came to look at racing seats in his new Volvo R (300hp AWD), we finished a prototype front bumper for our Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII and I dropped off our Dodge SRT-4 after test fitting our enw carbon fiber hood. So yeah ... I like those games. NFS Underground looks cool (not cause its a 2F2F ripoff, but because the graphics look cool) and Rockstar is workin on Midnight Club 3, some of our kits will be in it (we got free stickers and games!!).

TheBaron had this to say
    so you're a rice manufacturer?

how dare you speak of the evo 8 like that you little bitc......
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited November 2003
    I might have to rent NFS to try it out. For me the online racing is the most attractive part of it. The next version of GT will really rock the house being able to race the world.

It might pull me away from Xenosaga for a few hours.
  • ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
    edited November 2003
    86 Levin driver huh, kewl. btw gang, I played NFSU... lots of fun... cant wait to play online... got my net adapter, now i have to go out to the 91 Celica GT to find loose change for cable/dsl...